6th December 2017 by Daniella Quaglia
Strolling along the streets of Islington last Christmas we were overawed with the beauty of the wreaths on the grand doors of the four story town houses. Below are the steps to creating a beautiful wreath at home, fit for any discerning door.
Equipment: Scissors, wire, moss pins, ribbon
1. Greenery: Bay leaf, thyme, rosemary, sage, pine base.
2. Begin working with any herb that you fancy and make up little bunches rather than individual pieces (don’t hold back as you want the wreath to be lovely and full). You will be creating bunches like these all the way round. Take the wire and wrap it round the stems of your individual bunches, repeating a couple of times so that the wire feels nice and snug around the stems.
3. Leave enough wire either side so that you can wrap around and then underneath the wreath, twisting tightly at the back so that the herbs are well secured. Be sure to follow one direction and layer the herbs under the pine so that you cannot see the stems.
4. Repeat the above with all the herbs. We recommend grouping the herbs rather than scattering them as we think it creates more impact.
5. After you have securely wired all your bunches to the wreath
9. Finally take a piece of wire and make a loop round the top of the wreath and cut a long piece of your chosen ribbon, thread through and tie a lovely big generous bow.