Clarkston is an ideal location for people who like access to the main city, but also having the feel of living in a village. Newford Grove sitting in a cul-de-sac means that although you are close to all the local ammenties it is an extremely quiet location. There is also a riverside walk to the local train station, conveniently passing by one or two nice bars and restaurants if the stress of the day requires. Easily walkable/ cycleable to the village shopping area Newford Grove also allows you to live that healthier lifestyle we all shy away from if desired.
Williamwood High School consistently one of Scotland’s best school is in the catchment area for Newford Grove. Clarkston and Busby train stations are minutes walk away with regular services to Glasgow city centre as well as easy access to the main motorway network. There are a large number of bars, restaurants and independent cafes all within walking distance. Clarkston is a highly desired area and as such offers a huge amount of activities both socially and sporting and it is evident their is pride in all the inhabitants in their community.
- Closest village/town: Clarkston
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: The Busby hotel is a tradition in the area known for its great locally source food and great service; Dandy's Wholefoods is a zero waste deli with great sit-in coffee and food as well as a great selection of environmentally conscious foods
- Supermarket: There's a Tesco Express a short stroll away, but with all the main names nearby too
- Pubs: Monteiths Bar & Bistro...take a flight around Scotland without leaving the bar with a large selection of local Gin, Beer and Whisky!
- Walks: Cathkin Braes Country Park is quite literally on your doorstep with acres of open space and endless rambling routes