The grass is definitely greener
We’ve all dreamed of jumping in the car on a Friday night (Range Rover with kids in the back glued to Ipads if you are 35+, or a Porsche with the roof down if you are -35 or 60+) and zooming up the motorway for a weekend in the Cotswolds. Leaving at the motorway junction and tearing off the corporate uniform, zipping over humpback hills, through honey-hued villages and down leafy rural lanes. The thought of the black lab jumping out of the boot, the Barbour jacket being pulled on and slipping into a muddy pair of Le Chameau Wellington Boots – the Cotswolds more than earns its place as Britain’s most desired place to spend the weekend.
Weekend! Sod that! I want to live there… who needs to be in London anyway? The broadband here is fast, your can have client meetings at Soho Farmhouse and you can shop at Daylesford instead of slumming it in Waitrose. The grass is most definitely greener in the Cotswolds and we cannot think of a place we would rather live.
Idyllic & postcard pretty
Salford is a quintessentially gorgeous Cotswolds village on the North Oxfordshire border. It forms part of the most exclusive selection of villages in the area – Kingham & Churchill are your neighbours, Moreton & Chipping Norton are a short drive away, but more importantly Daylesford is only a couple of fields away and Soho Farmhouse is close enough to be able to call it your second home.
Hang on a moment though! I know what you are thinking… “I’m not Jude Law or Cameron Diaz and this ain’t a movie. I need to work and the office is still in London.” Fear not you can hop on the train at Kingham or Moreton (London/Paddington in 90 minutes) or Banbury (London/Marylebone from 55 minutes). Or hop in the car at the M40 junction 14 miles away. Problem solved.
- Closest village/town: Kingham
- Stores: Daylesford is more than a farm shop - it's life!
- Supermarket: We love popping into Moreton and going to the Co-op, or into Chipping Norton. But then again we get everyting delivered!
- Pubs: Our favourite is the Fox in Lower Oddington. Although we also love The Red Lion at Long Compton, The Hook Hotel and of course The White Rabbit in Kingham.
- Walks: Endless countryside walks with the dog from your doorstep