Great community, lots of amenities and cracking pubs
Shirley boasts everything you could possibly want for a place to live. You have a places to buy a pint of milk and pubs to buy a pint of beer. There is a butchers, a bakers and probably a candlestick makers!
We love that there is a Sainsburys Local, a butchers, an amazing Chinese, a fantastic Indian & an incredible fish and chip shop all opposite the house.
Shirley train station can whizz you off to Birmingham in 14 minutes and you have access to lots of transport links.
Handy for the train station
You are nice and close to Solihull where you can be having a flat white in Joe and The Juice followed by – who knows? – a movie or a wander around the high end boutiques of Mell Square or partying in a bar. Solihull has been declared the best place to live in the UK. – Solihull’s motto is urbs in rure (town in the country). It thus marries verdancy and shopping, which is what we all really want – Isn’t it?
But if it is a bit of countryside you are after then you’ll find peaceful walks around the christmas tree farm, Earlswood lakes or Shirley Park
- Closest village/town: Dickens Heath, Solihull and Hollywood
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Sears Retail Parl and Touchwood are all close.
- Supermarket: You have a Sainsburys Local across the road, plus Waitrose, Tesco and Sainsburys within minutes so you can go where the deals are.
- Pubs: Too many to choose from. You will just have to explore them all
- Walks: Take the dog to Shirley Park for a run.