Surrounded by stunning countryside, Witney lies on the edge of the Cotswolds, just 15 miles west of Oxford.
The town has a charming, bustling atmosphere with its unique blend of shops and cafes, including the recently restored Blanket Hall and Pie Shop, a twice weekly market and plenty of annual festivals.
There are lots of green spaces to enjoy, inlcuding the Leys with its adventure golf and play area, and just a short walk from the town centre, across the water meadow, lies Cogges, an historic farmstead with a fascinating story.
The quaint Witney and District Museum offers visitors an insight into the history of the town and the Blanket Trail is a fantastic way to explore the town at your own pace.
- Closest village/town: Oxford sits just 15 miles away
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: An array of coffee shops, supermarkets and cafes right on your doorstep
- Supermarket: An Waitrose, M&S and a Sainsbury's just a short walk away
- Pubs: The Fleece and The Plough are a couple of our favourites
- Walks: Endless rambling opportunities right on the doorstep