The other door off the hallway takes you into a lovely living room that has lots of little touches that make it a cosy family room. The large bay window at the front, the log burner, the wood floors and the high ceilings make this a proper reception room. There are big, double doors into the kitchen, so you can have full open plan living if you are that way inclined, or you can close the world and the washing up off by closing the doors. Perfect.
There is a downstairs shower room with WC and plenty of storage for all those bits and bobs.
Lapworth, Warwickshire. The best village in the West Midlands according to Mrs Clarke
The back garden is almost endless. The patio decking is a new addition and the garden has been recently landscaped. Towards the bottom of the garden there are some lovely trees, behind which, there is a great space for a trampoline and children's play area. Through a secret gate there is a quiet spot, which would make a kitchen garden and potting shed or a garden room to escape to.
- Family factor : 5 star
- Wow factor : Open plan kitchen with bifold doors
- Opportunity : The loft can be converted into a room
- Garden : Long and landscaped with space for a kitchen garden
Our favourite part
The open plan kitchen. It’s flooded with light and it is the modern family dream to be able to have everything going on in the same big room.
Lapworth has everything a village should have.
Lapworth is a great village tucked away in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside. But it's certainly not remote. In fact we think it is better connected than most places in England. You could be jetting off to warmer climes from Birmingham airport, which is only 20 minutes away, zipping along to London from Lapworth Station or zooming down the M40 quicker than Mrs Clarke can say "supper's ready". If it is Birmingham you are wanting to get to then Lapworth station runs regular services to all Birmingham stations.
The school is very sought after and mums are queuing up to get the little ones enrolled. After drop off they head to The Virgin Active for some pilates. "There is a great network of people in the village. Lapworth has a really friendly community."
That's the boring stuff done! Did I mention there are three pubs? Mr and Mrs Clarke's favourite is The Boot. "The beer is delicious and the food is wonderful. George, the very handsome Manager recommends the annual bonfire "It's a must see. The teepee in the back garden is great for a fancy party."
Lapworth is surrounded by stunning countryside and some lovely National Trust properties. The cycling around the area is fantastic and with Dynamic Rides, a great cycle shop in Hockley Heath, there is always someone to jump on the saddle with.
"We love Lapworth because it's so friendly. Everyone says hello when you are walking the dogs along the canal and it's just a really pretty and safe place to live" said a well heeled and well dressed gentleman when we last popped into the village for a bottle of wine the pop shop.
You are close to lots of little hubs like Hockley Heath, which has a McLaren garage if you fancy a new car, a great fish and chip shop, a superb Indian restaurant, and a dry cleaners. Henley-in-Arden for great ice cream, Warwick, Solihull, Leamington and Kenilworth. It's a well connected place to live.
Lapworth is located between Warwick and Solihull. It boasts not one but three pubs, a cricket club and a train to London & Birmingham. That must be why Mr Clarke loves it.
- Closest village/town: Lapworth
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Lapworth Stores run by one of the nicest shop keepers you will every meet, DJ.
- Supermarket: Waitrose in Kenilworth is only fifteen minutes away or Tesco is in Shirey. Hockley Heath has Steve Mills butchers and a few shops for the necessities.
- Pubs: Lots of them. The Boot is superb, The Tom O' The Wood is wonderful & The Navigation does some very good ales and then there is the glam Punch Bowl.
- Walks: Endless walking along the canal or in the countryside.
- A modernised and extended home
- Large kitchen with bifold doors that lead seamlessly onto the new decking
- Utility room with back door into garden
- Wood floors and log burner in living room
- Gated driveway
- Perfect family location near great school and lots of family activities
- Double glazing throughout the home
- Bathroom with shower and bath
- New boiler was fitted four years ago
- Oil heating and hot water
- New electrics throughout with relevant certification
- New kitchen fitted four years ago
- Slate flooring in hall and kitchen
- The neighbours are lovely!