Mr Clarke thinks :
The flat is immaculate and retains one of the principle rooms of the original house – high ceilings, large windows and spacious rooms.
Located centrally in Hackney Downs, known for its laid back atmosphere and plentiful green spaces, this quintessential garden apartment set in a handsome converted house; there are two generous bedrooms, a bright living room, sumptuous bathroom and dine in kitchen which opens onto the patio and lawned garden. This home is calming and serene space, and the south west facing garden is a pefect spot to relax on a sunny summers evening.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The garden is a floral oasis in which to unwind and relax.
You enter the apartment from its own private entrance into a wide, light entrance hall where you can hang your coat, dump the shopping and slip off your shoes. Directly ahead of you is a fully equipped kitchen. This is a great sociable space where friends can sit together whilst you cook dinner. There is door to the patio, making this an ideal place for an al fresco dinner party.
Back inside, the two bedrooms and the bathroom are also found on the ground floor. The second bedroom looks out to the back of the house and is particularly quiet for even the lightest of sleepers. The bathroom is ideally located inbetween the two bedrooms, and has been recently refurbished to create the perfect space to relax and unwind after a long day. Stairs from this level lead to the living room (currently used as a bedroom) which has a beautiful fireplace, a large bay window through which morning light floods the room, and wood flooring.
There is ample storage throughout the flat, including a space under the front stairs (perfect for bikes) and a shed in the garden.
- Style : An elegant, immaculate and light-filled garden apartment on split levels.
- Three words : Elegant. Green. Chilled.
Our favourite part
The picturesque home inside and out with stunning green space.
A laid-back, diverse community
Stroll around Hackney Downs for ten minutes and you’ll soon pass an eclectic mix of warehouses, some industrial buildings, period homes and striking new build developments. It’s hard to say where the “heart” lies as this area is fulled with 40 acres of exceptional green spaces, artistic communities and laid-back vibes. There’s an abundance of cafes (Brunswick East Bakehouse in Hackney Downs Studios is a favourite), healthy & wellbeing practises as well as great shopping destinations; Chatsworth Road, Wilton Way and Chase & Sorensen on Dalston lane. For us, Hackney Downs Studios is one of the highlights. It's home to creative independent businesses and has events on from time to time.
Being so well connected means you can get to just about anywhere in London in under 45 minutes. Hackney Downs London Overground is great for weekend adventures, as well as those who have busy working schedules to get out and about for meetings. After work, we recommend The Hand of Glory pub, where you’re greeted with a colourful and eclectic exhibition of British folk culture. It’s just one of the unique finds you’ll find in Hackney Downs and no where else.
Loved by families, city workers and creatives
- Closest village/town: The markets, studios and shopping streets give Hackney Downs a village feel.
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Re: Store – offers a more conscious way to shop, with no single use packaging in sight.
- Design Features -- Recently updated kitchen and bathroom.
- Original Character -- Sash windows and height ceilings.
- Kitchen Details -- Fitted kitchen opens out onto a lovely patio, with a beautiful garden beyond.
- Living Room -- The main room of the original house – huge bay window, fireplace and wonderfully high ceilings.
- Bathroom Specifics -- Contemporary and stylish bathroom – recently refurbished.
- Garden -- Patio area for entertaining and a lovely lawn with well stocked floral boarders.
- Services -- Gas heating.
- Council Tax Band & Local Authority -- Band C, Hackney.
- Tenure -- Share of Freehold.