Mr Clarke thinks :
Stylish interiors and clever design, this is my kind of place.
This perfectly proportioned and stylish one bedroom apartment is part of a highly acclaimed and innovative development on Arklow Road, SE14. The transformation of a handsome 1920's industrial office building into a collection of homes features generous shared amenities, design led features and wonderful communal gardens. The vibrant local community is one of the highlights of living at Arklow Road, as well as being close to local amenities and transport links in Deptford and New Cross from where you can be in London Bridge within 7 minutes. Greenwich Park is a short walk away.
The ground floor apartment has a south west aspect and is bathed in warm natural light and has easy access to the communal gardens. The current owners have enjoyed being able use the garden so much over the last year and they have realised the ease and comfort the apartment offers for home working.
The apartment benefits from the generous proportions of the original concrete frame resulting in 3.2m high ceilings, which are accentuated with painted datum. The internal design has been upgraded with the addition of bespoke fitted storage throughout, making use of every bit of space. The interior design is effortless and the stylish lights, heritage paints and excellent sound insulation create a calming atmosphere.
Everything about the apartment feels right and when you are inside there is a pleasing sense of comfort. The open-plan layout of the kitchen/living space is sociable yet there is space for privacy. The bedroom is a large room with great storage and a peaceful outlook. The bathroom has wet-room shower and space for busy mornings.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The garden is perfect for my morning Joe Wicks workout!
Residents and visitors arriving at the main entrance are greeted by an elegant, curtain-like entrance screen. On stepping through the large entrance door, visitors enter a dramatic five-storey entrance court that conceals the main stair core and provides a visual connection to the balconies on the upper floors. The attractive arrival space leads to the ground floor lounge, which is an active space that is comfortable and welcoming. Passing through the entrance court one enters a generous 3.5m high foyer/event space; with seating, notice boards and post boxes, and space for meeting, it encourages residents to linger, hold small events and generally catch-up with neighbours.
The ground floor was designed to nurture cycling through the provision of a seamless transition from street to rear courtyard, with resilient and attractive floor finishes running throughout internal and external spaces, and the inclusion of wheel dips at each entrance door to allow residents to temporarily support their bike as they open them. There is secure cycle park to store bikes.
The generous shared garden, with raised allotments and wild-berry brambles, is a peaceful oasis for everyone to enjoy, exercise or work in.
- Three words : Innovative. Community. Design.
Our favourite part
The living room is light, sophisticated and peaceful.
Glowing Greenwich & Hip Deptford
Local Life in this beautiful area
We’ve had our eye on Deptford for a while as more and more independent shops, restaurants and cafes have sprung up. Start at the top of Deptford Market and work your way down to the river. Have a light bite and coffee at Stockton, then head off to Deptford Yard and enjoy a diverse offering of eateries from up and coming foodie entrepreneurs. Next have a quick pint at the Tap Room or the Villages Brewery before you tackle one of Little Nan’s cocktails, without doubt one of the most eccentric and unique places in South East London! Looking for an exceptional sit-down meal perfect for impressing friends and family? Try Marcella, sister restaurant of Artusi Peckham.
For a Sunday walk, take a stroll through the famous Greenwich Park and admire the city skyline before using the Victorian engineering feat that is the Greenwich foot tunnel to head North of the river for lunch at The Narrow by Gordon Ramsay. After such a hectic weekend, why not finish with a rest and watch a film at the boutique Greenwich Picture House.
The foodies heaven
- Closest village/town: This is the ideal village life!
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: There's lots of quirky cafés, bars and restaurants, artisan bakeries and independent stores
- Walks: When you're not discovering little streets in secret Greenwich, then why not go travel the Thames by foot?
- Constructed in 2018 by Pocket Living.
- Architect - RCKa.
- Design - Bespoke built in storage throughout.
- Kitchen - Electric hob with stainless steel splashback, franke stainless steel sink with draining board, integrated below counted fridge with small freezer compartment, Above counter storage, built in oven, integrated extract.
- Bathroom - Wet room shower and glass screen. Vanity unit above sink. Duravit and hansgrohe fittings.
- Decoration - Dulux heritage paints with datum painted at high level to rationalise height and shape of room.
- Outside - A communal garden with covered bicycle storage.
- Tenure - Leashold - 122 years remaining. Service charge - £98 per month and ground rent - £350 per year.
- Buyers must live in any London borough and earn below £90k pa.