Mr Clarke thinks :
The renovations are superb and the quality of the property is exemplary.
This large five-bedroom modern house is positioned on Avenue Road, a tree lined residential street in the exclusive "golden triangle" neighbourhood of Dorridge. Carefully and thoughtfully designed and expertly renovated over recent years, the house is a truly contemporary approach to space, light and luxury family living.
Internal accommodation extends to nearly 4,000 sq ft and is configured across two storeys. Entry is gained via a large front drive which can host several 4x4s. The front rooms of the house have a traditional layout and are formed of a sitting room and a lounge. A wide entrance hall leads to the kitchen and the introduction of open-plan arrangements. The kitchen and dining area flows seamlessly together and are bathed in wonderful levels of natural light care of full width sliding doors onto the patio and garden, which breaks down the boundaries between inside and out. The rear of the downstairs has been designed for the rigours of modern life and includes a utility room with access into the double garage, an office, bathroom and a garden room that is set up as a gym but could easily be a playroom, cinema or teenagers den.
The quality of the craftsmanship, the thought that has been given to family routines and the clever modern additions make this a wonderful home for the discerning family.
Mrs Clarke loves :
That there are so many rooms downstairs - everyone can have their own space.
The staircase ascends to a large landing that is flooded with natural light creating a calming atmosphere and accentuates the subtle hues of the walls and luxury carpets. The first floor is comprised of a master bedroom suite with en-suite bath and shower room, large walk-in wardrobe and sitting area. The second bedroom is positioned at the front of the house and shares a Jack-and-Jill bathroom with the third bedroom. The fourth bedroom is perfect as a guest bedroom as it boasts a luxurious shower room and a quirt aspect within the home. A fifth bedroom overlooks the garden making it perfect for a light sleeping child or a sleep deprived adult.
Avenue Road is one of the most desirable neighbourhoods in the West Midlands, renowned for its charming village feel and large private residences. Leaders of industry, footballers and well heeled families have flocked to the area because of the accessibility to Birmingham during the week and the countryside at weekends. It is also within easy reach of the areas renowned schools including Solihull, St Martin's & Arden. The house is within a a few hundred metres of the train station where you can be in the second city in under 20 minutes and the capital in 90 minutes.
- Style : Luxury living in an exclusive neighbourhood.
- Highlights : The stunning Kitchen, the huge Master Bedroom and the wonderful Sitting Room.
- Three words : Luxury. Spacious. Location.
Our favourite part
A stunning home with space and style for the modern family.
Luxury Living with everything on your doorstep
Dorridge is a lovely leafy suburb renowned for its luxurious housing and great rail connections. The schools are tip top and seriously sought after with a good selection of both private and state options. In the village centre you’ll find everything from a butchers, bakers and there is probably even a candle stick maker!
You are spoilt for choice of where to meet for coffee. One day it is Espresso where they chat about schools on the vintage leather armchairs. Another day it's going out for something a bit more special (it's all about cocktails) at Oktogon in Knowle. If pints are more your thing, then head to The Ale Rooms on the way home from work, or a sunny afternoon. Families fight for the best table at The Bread Collection in Knowle for some of the best pizza this side of Italy.
David Lloyd in Solihull is excellent for swimming lessons or Earlswood for riding lessons.
Pop on the Barbour jacket and Hunter wellies and head to nearby Lapworth for a countryside walk to help you blow out the cobwebs after work or if you just fancy a long Sunday ramble.
Mr Clarke loves the fact that he can grab his favourite flat white and a pain au chocolate right on the platform at the station before boarding the 06:56 to London.
Dorridge is possibly the best connected place in the UK. As well as the railway station, you are minutes from the Midlands Motorway Network with the M42 having links to the M1, M5, M6 and the M40. Mrs C loves that Birmingham Airport is just 16 minutes by car and Solihull is a mere 10 minute drive.
Tree lined avenues, well connected and a super friendly community. What more could you want?
- Closest village/town: Knowle, Lapworth and Rowington
- Post Office: 1
- Supermarket: Sainsbury’s with its super easy parking and you’re just 5 miles from Waitrose in Solihull darling
- Pubs: It's all about cocktails at Oktagon in Knowle is something a bit special or if it is real ale you are after head to The Ale Rooms in Knowle.
- Walks: Dorridge Park, Dorridge Wood Nature Reserve or if you fancy stretching a little further Packwood House or Blythe Valley Nature Reserve.
- Downstairs -- LIVING ROOM 20' 0" x 15' 9" (max) (6.10m x 4.80m) FAMILY ROOM 14' 5" x 11' 0" (max) (4.40m x 3.35m) OFFICE 10' 2" x 8' 6" (3.10m x 2.60m) GARDEN ROOM/GYMNASIUM 16' 9" x 16' 9" (5.10m x 5.10m) BREAKFAST KITCHEN 27' 1" x 18' 10" (max) (8.25m x 5.75m) UTILITY ROOM 9' 6" x 11' 10" (2.90m x 3.60m) SHOWER ROOM 7' 10" x 6' 4" (2.40m x 1.95m)
- Upstairs -- MASTER BEDROOM 21' 0" x 16' 9" (max) (6.40m x 5.10m) ENSUITE 8' 10" x 8' 6" (2.70m x 2.60m) DRESSING ROOM 9' 10" x 8' 6" (3.00m x 2.60m) BEDROOM TWO 16' 9" x 15' 11" (max) (5.10m x 4.85m) JACK & JILL ENSUITE 8' 2" x 5' 7" (2.50m x 1.70m) BEDROOM THREE 13' 1" x 11' 1" (4.00m x 3.37m) BEDROOM FOUR 15' 7" x 10' 2" (4.75m x 3.10m) ENSUITE 5' 10" x 4' 7" (1.80m x 1.40m) BEDROOM FIVE 12' 6" x 9' 2" (3.80m x 2.80m) BATHROOM 12' 8" x 8' 5" (3.85m x 2.56m)
- Outside -- South west facing rear garden. Large front drive. Double garage 18' 1" x 14' 5" (5.50m x 4.40m)
- Technology -- Fibre optic Virgin Broadband
- Included in sale -- Free standing Rangemaster cooker, extractor, dishwasher, carpets, lights, shed and built in coffee machine
- Technical -- Council Band G. Freehold. Services Water meter, mains gas, mains electricity