Mr Clarke thinks :
A well proportioned property, in a great location. This is a wise investment.
71 Aylesbury Road in Hockey Heath is a perfectly proportioned, beautifully decorated and ideally located home. There is a gravel driveway, large landscaped garden, open plan kitchen, two reception rooms, three bedrooms and a chic bathroom all of which make this property an ideal home.
The semi-detached house was originally built to house the local postman in 1906. The high ceilings and much of the original charm remain. The current owners have brought things up to date and renovated the home from top to bottom, inside and out. The subtle colour scheme and attention to detail creates a warm and light atmosphere and a feeling of space. There is space for living, entertaining, as well as room for storage. The addition of a porch provides somewhere to store coats and shoes, allowing the downstairs to remain clutter free. New owners will appreciate the high spec of the renovations and the lifestyle it creates. There is side access to the back garden, which has been recently landscaped. There is a large brick patio, bordered by neat box hedging with a path leading through the manicured lawn to the bottom of the garden where there is a shed, a patio to catch the evening sun and space for a kitchen garden. The fencing and hedging to each side creates a private feel to allow you to play, entertain or potter in peace. What we love about this garden is that it looks like a show garden from a glossy magazine but it requires very little maintenance.
Downstairs has a spacious feel due to the re-designed open plan kitchen/ dining room where there is space for sofas, dining table and lots of kitchen storage. The white cabinetry sets the modern country vibe and is fitting for the location. There are French doors leading off from the lounge to the patio for those balmy summer nights or dry autumnal Sunday mornings. There is space for a large dining table to entertain around. The sitting room at the front of the home has a formal feel with the open fire, deep skirting boards and original coving. The room is flooded with light from the bay window but pull the blinds down and this room is perfect for curling up to watch the roaring fire or Game of Thrones.
Mrs Clarke loves :
I adore the open plan kitchen leading out to the garden. It’s a perfect house for entertaining.
Upstairs you find three bedrooms. The master-bedroom is at the front of the home and feels more like a boutique hotel room than a normal bedroom because of the original fireplace, luxurious carpet, high ceilings and large windows. The second bedroom looks out over the back garden making it quiet and peaceful. This bedroom could be the master bedroom or a big guest room. The double glazing keeps the noise out and the warm air in. The third bedroom is smaller than the others and is great for a childs room or a dressing room and is currently set up as a neat study. Next door converted the small bedroom into an ensuite for the master bedroom and have converted the loft into a bedroom. An ensuite could be accommodated with a loft conversion with no loss of ceiling height, with relevant permissions. The bathroom has been recently installed and the high standards of design and interior styling continue. It has a walk in shower as well as a bath tub, WC and sink. The mix of white fixtures and glazed porcelaintiles make this a calm bathroom, perfect for soaking away the stresses and strains of the day.
So what else do you need to know? There is space. There is a lovely garden. There is a drive. There is style. We look forward to showing you around.
- Style : A beautiful home with a mix of original features and modern touches.
- Three words : Location. Character. Space.
Our favourite part
The subtle and stylish interior provides the perfect canvas to a new home.
"The best butcher around and a steak restaurant. Meat lovers paradise."
Hockey Heath provides everything you could possibly want. If you run out of milk you can pop into the One Stop. If you fancy coffee and cake you could nip into Dynamic Rides. Need to post a parcel, there is a Post Office. Fancy a super car? Drive into the McLaren dealership then celebrate at Tagore, the finest curry house in the area. Nelsons fish & chips, The Kam Shun Chinese take away, S H Mills the Butcher and a nail bar. Hockey Heath is a village with the lot.
Please don’t get the impression that Hockley Heath is a super sized High Street. Quite the opposite. It is a village with a useful selection of shops and restaurants with a thriving community on the edge of beautiful countryside. Head towards Lapworth and you will discover Packwood House National Trust property, miles of country walks and country pubs like to much loved Boot Inn. If a village has the rights to the term Semi-Rural, then Hockley Heath would get the trademark.
The fine people of Hockley Heath love the easy access to the motorway network, Solihull, Birmingham, Stratford-upon-Avon and Dorridge, where you can be whizzing off to London by train.
Mrs Clarke has long loved Hockley Heath and the lifestyle it creates. The local primary school is good and you are in the catchment for Arden. I can be at my pilates class at Virgin Active, Shirley in under five minutes and then meet the girls at The Boot for lunch. We love going to Packwood House at the weekends or for retail therapy in Solihull.
It may all be well and good to live in Hockley Heath for the ladies but what about the chaps? Mr Clarke thinks it is a pretty great place to call home. Steve Mills is the best butcher around, he knows what’s what, who’s who and always has the trendy cut of meat I see on Saturday Kitchen. Then there is a Miller & Carter steak restaurant. lucky I love meat! The local pubs are great, the curry house is super, Miller & Carter does a mean sirloin and the fish and chips is wonderful. After all that drinking and eating Mr Clarke heads off to Dynamic Rides, the local bike dealer and cafe to join their Saturday rides to burn off the calories. Hockey Heath is handy for work. I can be on the M42 in minutes heading north or south, I can get the train to Birmingham and London from Dorridge or get to Birmingham International in twenty minutes.
Shops one way and countryside the other. It's what they call semi-rural.
- Closest village/town: Lapworth, Dorridge & Henley-in-Arden
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: The One Stop has all the basics
- Supermarket: Tescos in Shirley is closest
- Pubs: The Wharf Tavern or The Boot. A boozer for every occassion
- Walks: Along the canal or through the countryside
- Approach -- Driveway providing off road parking
- Innovative systems : Nest Central heating system to control heating via an app and a Skybell installed at front door to view /speak visitors without opening doors, even when your aren't at home.
- Entrance Porch -- Double glazed windows to side elevations and door into: Entrance Hallway -- Double glazed window to side elevation, wooden flooring and central heating radiator
- Guest W.C -- Double glazed window to side elevation and WC
- Living Room -- 11' 10" x 11' 10" into recess ( 3.61m x 3.61m into recess ) Double glazed window to front elevation, fire place and central heating radiator
- Dining Room -- 20' 2" x 10' 10" ( 6.15m x 3.30m ) Double glazed patio doors out to rear garden and two central heating radiators
- Kitchen -- 16' 7" x 6' 3" ( 5.05m x 1.91m ) Double glazed windows to side and rear elevations, a range of wall and base units with work surface over, incorporating a sink/drainer, cooker hood, plumbing for dishwasher and washing machine and central heating radiator
- Bedroom One -- 11' 11" x 11' 11" into recess ( 3.63m x 3.63m into recess ) Double glazed window to front elevation, fire place and central heating radiator
- Bedroom Two -- 11' 11" x 10' 10" ( 3.63m x 3.30m ) Double glazed window to rear elevation, fire place and central heating radiator
- Bedroom Three -- 5' 6" x 5' 3" ( 1.68m x 1.60m ) Double glazed window to front elevation and central heating radiator
- Bathroom -- Double glazed window to rear elevation, central heating radiator, bath, shower cubicle, WC, wash hand basin and tiled to splashback areas and floor
- Garden -- Paved patio area, laid to lawn and fence and hedges to boundaries
- EPC Rating -- E
- Contact Mr & Mrs Clarke Estate Agency for more details and to arrange viewings