Mr Clarke thinks :
The craftsmanship is outstanding.
Croft Cottage is a stunning home in a beautiful setting. The property was built in 2006 to the highest standards and provides a family with open plan entertaining spaces, intimate rooms and effortless access to the gorgeous garden. Bakers Lane is minutes from Dorridge and Knowle, yet it is peaceful and private.
As the electric gates swing open and you drive along the private driveway the extent of the gardens and land come into view. Beyond the landscaped lawns there is a pond, framed by mature trees and flowering shrubs, which overlooks the paddock. Park up in front of the garage block and walk past two outbuildings to the front of the impressive property. The front door opens into a vast entrance hall and epic staircase. There is a living room, dining room and study, all of which look out to the garden. At the other side of the ground floor is the beautiful kitchen that is worthy of the pages of an interior design magazine. The bespoke kitchen has been designed to handle the rigours of modern family life - there is a dining area, lounge and, of course, a pantry. At the back of the kitchen is a boot room and utility room and access to the patio and garden.
For further details about this splendid property or to arrange a viewing visit our website.
Mrs Clarke likes :
The stunning interior and gorgeous garden.
There are five double bedrooms and four bathrooms split over the first and second floor. To the first floor you find the Master and second bedroom both having high ceilings and lots of space. The master suite has a beautiful rear facing balcony with views to the gardens, a walk through dressing area with built in wardrobes and full size en-suite with his and her basins, walk in shower and built in TV. The three further bedrooms all have en-suite bathrooms. From the Minstrel landing a set of double doors lead to staircase leading to bedroom five with cloakroom.
When the weather is nice Croft Cottage comes in to its own. You can swing the doors open and enjoy the views from one of the patio areas or from the lawn. The tranquil atmosphere created by the water and bucolic surroundings are idyllic. The paddock is suitable for equestrian pursuits and the large outbuilding could be converted into stabling.
We look forward to showing you around Croft Cottage.
- Style : Modern country living.
- Setting : Peaceful rural lane with easy access to towns and transport links.
- Three words : Modern. Stylish. Garden.
Our favourite part
The gardens are beautiful.
A modern town with charm
Knowle is a charming town steeped in history and full of busy modern life. There are a whole host of uber cool bars, cafes, restaurants and shops and just about all the amenities you could wish for. Not to mention the tip top and seriously sort after schools, both private and state options.
There is plenty to keep kids entertained from scouts and guides, drama and tennis clubs, cricket, golf and football teams and every activity in between. The yummy mummies love coffee (or maybe the gin) at Oktagon and the friendly vibe and stunning goods at The Bread Collection. The chaps now have The Ale Rooms, a new craft beer hangout for the discerning drinker. Knowle is no longer just a High Street...
There are some lovely canal-side walks to help you blow out the cobwebs after work or if you just fancy a long Sunday ramble. Mrs Clarke loves the fact that she can brunch with friends in one of the lovely cafes before they set off for a brisk walk to burn off the calories.
Car, Bus and Rail Transport connections are excellent. Knowle is just minutes away from the
Midlands Motorway Network with the M42 having links to the M1, M5, M6 and the M40, 1.5 miles from Dorridge Train Station and 6 miles from Birmingham Airport. Solihull is a mere 10 minute drive for retail therapy heaven.
A bustling High Street, a cracking Artisan Boulangerie, a super cool Gin Bar and National Trust walks on your doorstep. What more could you ask for?
- Closest village/town: Dorridge and Lapworth
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: The Bread Collection for Artisan bread, fine pastries and fabulous filter coffee
- Supermarket: Tesco Metro and just 3.5 miles from Waitrose, Solihull darling
- Pubs: Oktogon, Ale Rooms and The Vault
- Walks: National Houses: Baddesley Clinton or Packwood House are both a great stroll from Knowle or if you fancy a canalside walk, there’s Knowle Locks just an 11 minute walk from the High Street.
- Internal area -- 3,700 sq ft
- Garden & Land -- 2.5 acres of garden with a paddock suitable for equestrian facilities.
- Total Floor Area -- Main House - Ground Floor Total Area Approximately - 1,828.9 sq.ft. First Floor Total Area Approximately - 1,559.7 sq.ft. Second Floor Total Area Approximately - 327.9 sq.ft Garages & Carports: Total Floor Area Approximately - 1,438.4 sq.ft. Stables & Outbuildings: Total Floor Area Approximately - 977.3 sq.ft.
- Ground Floor -- Guest Cloakroom * Dining Room - 14'10" x 17'10" (4.53m x 5.44m) * Study - 9'10" x 14'10" (3.01m x 4.53m) * Lounge - 24'3" x 14'11" (7.38m x 4.55m) * Kitchen/Breakfast Room - 24'9" x 16'2" (7.55m x 4.92m) * Family Room - 16'3" x 11'6" (4.95m x 3.51m) * Pantry * Lobby * Utility Room - 11'9" x 10'11" (3.58m x 3.34m) with cupboards * Boot Room
- First Floor -- Minstrel Landing with airing cupboard * Master Bedroom - 17'1" x 14'11" (5.21m x 4.55m) with balcony * Dressing Room * En-Suite Shower Room * Bedroom 2 - 14'9" x 17'10" max (4.50m x 5.44m) with wardrobes * En-Suite Shower Room * Bedroom 3 - 13'7" x 16'2" (4.14m x 4.94m) * En-Suite Shower Room * Bedroom 4 - 13'10" x 10' (4.22m x 3.05m) * En-Suite Shower Room
- Second Floor -- Bedroom 5 - 25'7" x 11'2" (7.79m x 3.40m) * En-Suite Toilet
- Outside -- Double Garage - 22'4" max x 17'11" (6.81m x 5.47m) * Single Garage - 19' x 10'7" (5.80m x 3.22m) * Carport 1 - 15'9" x 17'9" (4.80m x 5.41m) * Double Garage - 15'1" x 17'9" (4.60m x 5.41m) * Carport 2 - 15'9" x 17'9" (4.80m x 5.41m) A timber field storage building with water, power and lighting supply.
- Planning Permission -- The property currently benefits consent for the demolition of the existing garages and the erection of a new garage; and a single storey extension, in accordance with the terms of the application, Ref W/16/0858, dated 24 April 2016 through Warwick District Council
- Tenure -- The property is Freehold with vacant possession upon completion of the purchase.
- Services -- Mains water and electricity and drainage are connected to the property. The central heating is by way of an oil fired hot water underfloor system to the ground and first floors, with radiators to the second floor. There is LPG gas supply for the fire in the lounge.
- Local Authority -- Warwick District Council. We understand that the property benefits from an N.H.B.C certificate.
- Technology -- Underfloor heating is present to the ground and first floor with Opus speaker system throughout.