Enquire about this property
If you would like more information, or to arrange a viewing, then you can send us a message and we'll get back to you.
Set over five floors you find five bedrooms, five reception rooms, two bathrooms, a walled garden, a garage, two parking spaces, a pretty front garden and so much more. The home has been beautifully extended and decorated. The mix of open-plan spaces and intimate rooms are perfect for the discerning modern family.
Wander down the tree-lined streets to the north of the town centre, past beautiful homes, parks, tennis courts and the church and you come to a little wooden gate, flanked by neat hedging. There is something magical about the sweet path that leads up to the magnificent property. Open the front door and you are greeted with a grand sense of space and light. It is a wonderful entrance that gets you excited to see more.
The vast open plan kitchen is worthy of the pages of Living Etc. It has been thoughtfully designed for modern life - lots of space to cook, room for a sofa and a dining table and effortless access to the beautiful gardens. This is the beating heart of the home. There are two other reception rooms on the ground floor, both of which provide flexibility for the new owners. The dual aspect, bay fronted sitting room with large sash windows and shutters is a stunning space. There is a working open fireplace with marble surround, built in shelves and cupboards and picture rail. There is space for a sitting area around the fire place and TV, a desk and study space if you work from home or it could be a play area for little ones. There is also a big dining room, which can be a cinema room, study, playroom or a formal room for dining. The home is both magical and functional.
There is an interior designers touch mixed with a practical consideration. The grand spaces are perfect for family gatherings and entertaining - Christmas in this home would be wonderful! The grand sense of space continues upstairs. On the first floor you find three large bedrooms, laundry room and beautiful bathroom. Each of the bedrooms on this floor are the kind of bedrooms you dream of - large enough for any bed you wish for, space for clothes (the Master has a dressing room), areas for sofas and a desk and lots of natural light. Whether the bedrooms will belong to a toddler, teenager or the Master of the house, they will be very happy. The main bathroom is more like a boutique spa than a normal wash room. There is a free-standing bath tub, walk in shower, sash window and lots of space. It is a stylish and very useful family bathroom. On the top floor there are two further large bedrooms and a gorgeous bathroom. On the lower ground floor you find two further reception rooms, a utility room, store rooms and a WC. The current owners have set this floor up with a home gymnasium, wine store, snug and a study, however it could easily be changed into a teenagers den, art studio or guest accommodation.
All modern families love to have a private outside space where they can entertain, play and relax. The walled garden at the back of this home is effortlessly connected to the kitchen so you can ferry food and drinks to the outside dining table, children can run in and out (all within sight of mum) and there are little seating spaces positioned to enjoy sun at different times of the day. There is a garageand two private parking spaces making it easy to park and walk straight into your gorgeous home.
- Style : Regency home re-designed for modern living.
- Three words : Location. Style. Space.
- History - Built in 1846 and has generously proportioned sized rooms with high ceilings, even though modernised it has still retained some of its original features. Fireplaces, picture rails & working wooden window shutters
- Kitchen - Mark Wilkinson solid Oak cabinets with Oak and painted doors. Black Antique Granite Work Tops. Meile integrated appliances.
- Living spaces - Flexible living spaces to fit new owners.
- Lower Ground Floor - Conversion of cellar fully tanked and to usable living space comprising of utility, snug, gym, cloakroom, tool room, 2 other storage rooms.
- Outside - Formal, south facing front garden, North facing, walled garden with access to the garage and parking area. Raised patio area to capture the evening sun, raised sleepers with box hedge and beautiful mill stone water feature . Flagstone patio area and path. Security lighting. Private off road parking to the rear of the property
- Bedrooms - Bed 1 High ceilings, with picture rail, south facing large sash window, with walk in dressing room( which could easily convert to an en suite) Bed 2 High ceilings, with picture rail, south facing large sash window, blinds and wardrobe. Oak floor Bed 3 Apex ceiling? Oak flooring Bed 4 Bright room with gothic shaped window looking out on tree lined Avenue, fitted cupboards Bed 5 /Study with Dorma window overlooking the rear garden
- Bathrooms - Bathroom Half tiled, Victorian Cast iron bath( very comfy), Power shower, 2 heated towel rails, high ceilings, oak floor. Top floor bathroom, bath with hand shower attachment, down lighters, loft hatch
- Services - All mains services.
Local Life in Leamington
Royal Leamington Spa, or Leam as we Leamingtonians like to call our beloved town, has the lot… tree lined avenues, hip and happening social scene, pretty parks, great schools and great coffee shops. Leam has it all.
Leamington’s streets of Regency town houses, which equal those of Cheltenham’s or Brighton’s in my humble opinion, are full of gorgeous homes and friendly people. There is a grand sense down every street.
Well connected? Leamington is super well connected. The M40 nips past to Birmingham, Oxford and London; Stratford-upon-Avon and Coventry are a 20-min drive away; Birmingham 40 mins.
The town has emerged as one of the Midland’s most highly regarded places to live for families who love the schools and activities, as well as young singles and couple who love the bar, restaurant and cultural scene.
If you like shopping, you will love the town centre’s mixed independent shops and High Street chains.
Mrs Clarke loves the boutique feel of the town centre, with its mix of hipster coffee shops like The Larder and the gorgeous shops like Collective and Farrow & Ball. The High Street has all the big names and then there is the M&S food hall.
Mr Clarke has a few favourites of his own. His personal tailor at Clements & Church, a pint at The Pug; breakfast at Haddie & Trilbie’s little sister Wilhelmina and lunch at Nana’s when he needs to impress Mrs C.
For a bit of fresh air you have lots of options; Jepson Gardens is wonderful and the Aviary coffee shop is the icing on the cake. Art in the Park happens each year and is a great family day out filled with curiosities. Victoria Park and Newbold Comyn are other spots you should go for a picnic.
Education options include Arnold Lodge & Kingsley School For Girls, which are good independent schooling options, and excellent state primary (St. Peter’s) close by. Secondary schools (Myton, Trinity, North. Leam). Leamington College and Warwick University are also here.
Tree lined avenues, great shops and a buzzing social scene. What more could you want?
- Closest village/town: Lots of lovely countryside on your doorstep
- Stores: Our fav shop in town has to be Cenu Cacao where you can get you hands on the most delicious chocolate.
- Supermarket: All of them!
- Pubs: The Fat Pug and The Star & Garter are our favourites
- Walks: Start at The Aviary in Jephson Gardens for a coffee and cake and then wander along the river to Victoria Park.