Mr Clarke thinks :
Fully renovated to an extremely high standard means I don’t have to do anything except kick back and relax!
Nestled on a private quiet road, overlooking The Dell (a magical piece of woodland) sits this home which we can only describe as something out of an interior design magazine. We’re obsessed with every room; it’s warm, comfortable and sociable all at the same time. Personality is important in a place, and this home has plenty of it. Lovingly planned out, and completely renovated inside, and a newly landscaped rear garden means you can turn the key and move straight in.
Step inside the magnificent entrance hallway which is decorated with ceramic plank tiled floor (easy to clean and looks great), and moody blue walls (Pantone colour of the year). Pop your slippers on and head into the kitchen. You’ll notice copious amounts worktop space, white gloss cabinets, matching lighting, an inset ceramic sink, 6 burner gas hob with twin electric oven and a charming pantry; a culinary delight. This room has cool vibes and oozes luxury. There’s even a utility room where you can organise your bits and bobs whilst looking out onto the garden. You’ve got all the space you could wish for.
After making yourself a cuppa, head through the dining room and into the living room to either curl up infant of the open fire, or admire the view out of the large sash window. The panelled timber wall in this room make this feel like a regal library, as does the high ceilings and wooden flooring. Wood panelling is one key feature along with the unique lighting and colour palette which can be found in each room. Brackenhurst adds pops of colour and a smile to your face whatever the weather.
Once everyone’s home from work, cook up a storm and catch up over dinner in the dining room. It’s big enough for a farmhouse table, and in the springtime, the wildlife outside the two sash windows is a beautiful backdrop. Or if everyones out, you can relax in the reading nook here.
Follow the arched doorway into the outdoors. You have not one, but two private garden spaces that can be used throughout the day, following the sunlight around the house! The entrance hall is a gorgeous sun room which the current owners call the conservatory. It’s perfect for keeping an eye on the kids in the summer, watching the grape vines grow and admiring the mature plants change throughout the seasons.
Mrs Clarke loves :
All the work’s done and I’m a stroll away from town and next to lush greenery. What’s not to love about it?
The rear garden was part of the original mansion house kitchen garden. It has multiple levels, two separate hand-landscaped areas, planter beds, seating areas, mature lavender, ivy, peonies. There’s also a lovely outside desk to work at on warmer days, where you can perch on the centrally raised artificially grass and bask in the late afternoon sunshine on your breaks. It’s also a great space to entertain and play with friends.
If you’re working from home, or want some space to craft your hobbies, then you’ll be delighted to know there’s a separate, newly refurbished garden office complete with heating, lighting, power and new timber flooring.
House envy doesn’t stop downstairs. Upstairs there are four double bedrooms and a bathroom - the master bedroom has is more like a boutique hotel suite than a normal bedroom with a walk in wardrobe, en-suite of dreams, and large windows to admire the dreamy view to wake up to. The further 3 double bedrooms are super peaceful -waking up and hearing the birdsong every morning is idyllic. Two of them are re-configured to be linked with a new Jack and Jill bathroom suite. The family bathroom is a thing of bathing heaven. The free standing bath and herringbone floor creates a great atmosphere for bubbles and a glass of wine for a pampering evening.
P.s All hot water systems have a secondary circulation pump meaning that there is no delay in hot water from taps, so everyone can have a spa evening.
We are all utterly charmed by the location, the interior and the two gardens. We look forward to making this someone's very special home.
- Design Features : Everything has been thought out in this home, and nothing has been spared. Quality craftsmanship, beautiful colour palettes, smart storage and technology.
- Three words : Beautifully. Designed. Home.
Our favourite part
This is a truly special home inside and out nestled in a stunning town and lovely community.
Kenilworth Old Town
Historical town with a Castle, old pubs and beautiful park
There is Kenilworth and then there is Kenilworth Old Town. This isn't us being all "estate agenty" and making up names for places to increase property prices - Kenilworth Old Town is the enclave of gorgeous homes, shops and restaurants (including The Cross) based around the Castle and Abbey Fields. It's the poshest end of this fab town!
Within a hop and a step you can be eating supper at The Virgins & Castle (Kenilworth oldest pub) or The famous Cross (a delight for the taste buds). You can be drinking a pint at The Queen & Castle. There is a newsagent, a bakery, a tea shop, a physio and lots of lovely local peeps to say hello to.
Kenilworth High Street boasts banks galore, numerous coffee houses, bundles of restaurants, funky bars, fantastic schools for kiddly winks of all ages, a Waitrose, Boots and a weekly farmers market that dishes up some delicious local produce. Mr Clarke is particularly fond of the high percentage of pubs all within wobbling distance of each other.
Kenilworth is surrounded by breath-taking countryside and some lovely walks are on hand to help you blow off the cobwebs after work or if you just fancy a long Sunday ramble. And should you like stepping back in time, you could always descend onto Kenilworth Castle, which is lovingly cared for by English Heritage. We particularly like the walk from Kenilworth Castle to the Alpaca Farm “Faerie-Tale Aplacas”. Not to mention the next level park, Abbey Fields.
There’s a super friendly community spirit in Kenilworth too and you’ll always find something in the calendar to enjoy. It could be the annual bonfire and fireworks display that draws in thousands of folk. Or the annual duck race on Boxing Day (no, not real ducks). All in all, it’s a place you’ll feel at home almost overnight.
It’s really well connected, with Birmingham airport just 20 minutes away and should you need to bob along to London, it’s just over an hour from Coventry station. More locally there is Kenilworth railway station on the line between Coventry and Leamington Spa, so commuting to the big smoke will be even easier.
Hip and happening town with a Michelin Star
- Closest village/town: The Old High Street is like a little village
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: The Orangery for flowers is a Mrs Clarke favourite.
- Supermarket: Waitrose darling.
- Pubs: There are four within walking distance. Tonight might be The Virgins & Castle.
- Walks: Across Abbey fields and around the castle is a joy.
- Entrance hallway: feature lights, designer raw lacquer radiator.
- Kitchen: White fitted gloss cabinets, rose gold handles. Integrated fridge, freezer and wine fridge (integrated Miele dishwasher in utility area) 6 burner gas hob with twin electric oven. Ceramic plank tiled floor carried through kitchen, pantry and utility. Built in high bar table. USB socket outlets, LED lights under cabinets, large open shelves.Separate appliance cabinet in pantry, extensive shelves in pantry. Washing machine and tumble drier stacked in utility. Utility has separate sink, worktops and hanging/drying racks.
- Family Bathroom: Sash window, vanity unit designer dual fuel heated towel rail with smart app control element. Motion and night sensing LED spot lights, shaver point.
- Jack & Jill bathroom: Fitted 2017 Fired earth tiles. Designer dual fuel heated town rail with shower over bath, corian counter top, with concealed toilet cistern, counter top basin, mirror with built in lighting. Motion and night sensing LED spot lights.
- Outbuildings: With insulated slate roof, solid construction. Double garage linked to house, with lighting, power, water, drainage rafter storage.
- Technology: Broadband BT line. Mobile coverage full coverage 4G Vodafone. Alarm monitored alarm system with remote access via an app. Smart features Hive heating and hot water system and some lights control. Motion sensor activated lights in the pantry and 2 of the upstairs bathrooms.