Mr Clarke thinks :
This is a seriously stylish home. I love the big open spaces downstairs.
Open the front door to Braeside and you feel like you have walked into the pages of an interior magazine. The home has been beautifully re-modelled and renovated to create a spacious and stylish home. Every room is flooded with natural light and there is a sense of warmth throughout the home. We absolutely love it and look forward to showing you around. As well as being utterly stunning, Braeside is enviably positioned in the heart of Lapworth village. You are moments from the train station, a short stroll to The Boot pub and on the doorstep of gorgeous countryside. No wonder Lapworth is such a sought after address. The property has had a recent transformation and it is now ready for new owners to make it their home - there is nothing to do apart from to decide when the house warming party will be.
Downstairs has an effortless flow between the rooms, each of which have a clear purpose. The large, open-plan kitchen with a floating island to congregate around for morning coffee or evening cocktails and dining area, framed by the wide trifold doors looking out to the beautiful landscaped garden (more about the garden later). There is then a large formal sitting room with lots of space for seating around the log burner with friends and family. There is plenty of space for a desk or maybe a play area for little ones. You also find a downstairs shower room, a boot-room/ utility room and a garage. What more do you need?
Mrs Clarke loves :
The quality of the house is exceptional and the location is ideal.
Upstairs has four bedrooms - a large master bedroom with stunning en-suite shower room, two double bedrooms with lots of storage, a family bathroom and a single bedroom. All the rooms have been decorated to a high quality and there are lots of little touches that the owners have added, like the light well on the landing to add brightness. To have four bedrooms and three bathrooms makes this home suitable for families of all sizes. The style isnt limited to the inside. The outside is equally as lovely. At the front there is a gated entrance opening to a large gravel driveway. At the rear is a vast garden that has been recently landscaped. The trifold doors open out to a decking area, which is perfect for entertaining or just relaxing on a Sunday morning. A couple of steps down leads you to a long lawn with two further patios that have been strategically placed to capture sun at different parts of the day. At the bottom of the garden there is a little gate that takes to to the log cabin - not a ramshackle shed - a log cabin that is perfect for a gym, office, recording studio or a playroom. Then another gate takes you to an area perfect for storage, garden bits and there is a big workshop - its Mr Clarkes favourite part!
The property has been lovingly transformed into a stunning home. No expense has been spared and the quality of the renovations and extensions are exemplary.
- Style : From the pages of Living etc.
- Three words : Modern. Family. Home.
Our favourite part
The stylish and spacious interior.
Lapworth has everything a village should have.
Lapworth is a great village tucked away in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside. But it's certainly not remote. In fact we think it is better connected than most places in England. You could be jetting off to warmer climes from Birmingham airport, which is only 20 minutes away, zipping along to London from Lapworth Station or zooming down the M40 quicker than Mrs Clarke can say "supper's ready". If it is Birmingham you are wanting to get to then Lapworth station runs regular services to all Birmingham stations.
The school is very sought after and mums are queuing up to get the little ones enrolled. After drop off they head to The Virgin Active for some pilates. "There is a great network of people in the village. Lapworth has a really friendly community."
That's the boring stuff done! Did I mention there are three pubs? Mr and Mrs Clarke's favourite is The Boot. "The beer is delicious and the food is wonderful. George, the very handsome Manager recommends the annual bonfire "It's a must see. The teepee in the back garden is great for a fancy party."
Lapworth is surrounded by stunning countryside and some lovely National Trust properties. The cycling around the area is fantastic and with Dynamic Rides, a great cycle shop in Hockley Heath, there is always someone to jump on the saddle with.
"We love Lapworth because it's so friendly. Everyone says hello when you are walking the dogs along the canal and it's just a really pretty and safe place to live" said a well heeled and well dressed gentleman when we last popped into the village for a bottle of wine the pop shop.
You are close to lots of little hubs like Hockley Heath, which has a McLaren garage if you fancy a new car, a great fish and chip shop, a superb Indian restaurant, and a dry cleaners. Henley-in-Arden for great ice cream, Warwick, Solihull, Leamington and Kenilworth. It's a well connected place to live.
Lapworth is located between Warwick and Solihull. It boasts not one but three pubs, a cricket club and a train to London & Birmingham. That must be why Mr Clarke loves it.
- Closest village/town: Lapworth
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Lapworth Stores run by one of the nicest shop keepers you will ever meet, DJ.
- Supermarket: Waitrose in Kenilworth is only fifteen minutes away or Tesco is in Shirey. Hockley Heath has Steve Mills butchers and a few shops for the necessities.
- Pubs: Lots of them. The Boot is superb, The Tom O' The Wood is wonderful & The Navigation does some very good ales and then there is the glam Punch Bowl.
- Walks: Endless walking along the canal or in the countryside.
- A fully refurbished four bedroom semi-detached house in the heart of Lapworth.
- Downstairs -- entrance hall with stairs rising to the first floor, sitting room with log burner, open plan kitchen/dining room, downstairs shower room with WC, boot room with sink and door leading to outside, garage.
- Upstairs -- Master bedroom with en-suite shower room, two double bedrooms, single bedroom, family bathroom.
- Outside -- Gated entrance, gravel drive, side passage to back garden, garden split into lawn and potions, log cabin, shed.
- Open Plan Kitchen/Dining Room -- Range Master. Polished slate floor
- Sitting Room -- Striped wooden flooring
- Master bedroom -- Bamboo flooring.
- Services -- Oil fuelled boil (Worcester Green Star). Main electricity and water.
- Tenure -- Freehold
- Broadband -- Superfast available in the village
- Local authority -- Solihull Postcode - B94 6JJ