Mr Clarke thinks :
The Home Office is separate to the main house making working from home easy - or I might turn it into a gym
Browns Green Lodge is a large, modern five bedroom house surrounded by stunning countryside in Tanworth in Arden. If you like properties with size and style then this will make the perfect home.
The impressive house is set behind electric gates, along a private drive. The property has been lovingly maintained and improved by the current owners. Pull the car onto the gravel drive and head through the front door and kick off your shoes in the porch. When you open the internal door you are greeted by a sense of space and light - the entrance hall is beautifully decorated and has sparkling cream Amtico flooring that radiates light. The handmade staircase is a quality piece of craftsmandship and you want to head up stairs to explore - all in good time, let’s discover the downstairs first.
Through the double doors to the left of the entrance hall you find a fabulous lounge with large bay window looking out to the big oak tree and Browns Green Wood at the front. There is a stone fireplace and lots of space for seating. Another set of double doors open to the dining room with French doors that look out to the back garden. A large Sanderson awning with heating and lighting has been installed outside the dining room – this facilitates easy outdoor living and dining.
There is a family room at the front of the house, which is flooded with light from another bay window. In the winter you will want to pull the curtains, light the fire and curl up with a good book. There is also a great study and newly installed luxury cloakroom.
The kitchen is one of the highlights of the home - the country style cabinetry and built-in peninsula island make this room the hub of activity. The glazed double doors look through to the conservatory, which is framed beautifully by the garden. Sitting in the conservatory and soaking up the peace and quiet on a Sunday morning is a must - you will see a local heron, pheasants strutting their stuff and the odd deer looking for some shelter.
The large garden is beautifully designed. It is packed with flora and trees, herb beds and pergola. There is lots of lawn to play on and patio areasto relax on. There are two sheds and space to develop further. Standing in the back garden looking back at the house you appreciate the scale of the property.
For full details visit mrandmrsclarke.com
Mrs Clarke loves :
The views. You can be standing in the kitchen looking out across the garden and across un-interrupted, open countryside - It's bliss
Off the kitchen you find a useful utility room that leads to a rear lobby that has access to the back garden. So if the boots are muddy after a long walk you don’t have to drag dirt through the immaculate entrance hall. Off the rear lobby is a pantry and a double garage.
To the side of the house is a substantial office with a range of fitted and free-standing furniture. There is space for several people to work or it would be a great playroom, cinema room or gym.
Head upstairs and you find five big bedrooms, three of which have en-suite bathrooms, and a family bathroom. The Master bedroom is the bedroom of all bedrooms - a large room with lots of space for storage leading through to a dressing area and then to a huge bathroom with freestanding bath and large shower, his and hers sinks and more space to preen yourself than a spa - it is truly a bathroom of beauty. The bathroom has been recently installed by David Jacques and we must say that they have done a quality job. The door at the back of the bathroom leads to a walk in wardrobe that Carrie Bradshaw would be proud of.
- House : Large five bedroom detached property with five reception rooms, double garage and a home office
- Garden : Beautifully landscaped south facing garden bursting with flowers and trees
- Highlights : The Master Bedroom boasts a walk in wardrobe that Carrie Bradshaw would appreciate and an en-suite bathroom that is more like a spa
Our favourite part
The Master bedroom suite. I could live in the en-suite bathroom.
Tanworth in Arden
Unspoilt Village Life
Fancy living in a picturesque and friendly village where neighbours stop to chat, children play and there is always something happening on your doorstep? We all dream of being able to go to the local pub and being greeted by the friendly landlady who pours your drink before you say "make mine a...". Church bells, birds tweeting, village fetes and Christmas carols around the village tree. This may sound like the how the Americans see English life, but it exists.
Welcome to Tanworth in Arden.
I couldn't resist popping into The Bell and asking one of the lovely villagers what life was like here, "It is so, so friendly a completely unspoilt village, the only one in Warwickshire not on an A road so I’m told. The school is amazing (Ofsted outstanding). The church is really pretty and a lovely place for quiet reflection. It is so very quiet and tranquil you can sit and hear nothing but the birds singing in the pub garden, pure bliss. In the summer we often have street parties to celebrate significant events and in the winter there are carols on the green with hot soup, perfect to get you in the Christmas spirit." All sounds wonderful apart from I prefer a slug of mulled wine when belting out a carol.
Cracking Pub, Outstanding School and Lovely People
- Closest village/town: Tanworth in Arden
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Village shop
- Supermarket: It's all about the local farm shop darling!
- Pubs: The Bell
- Walks: Endless country walks
- Downstairs -- Entrance hall, Lounge, Dining Room, Family Room, Study, Kitchen, Conservatory, Utility Room, Pantry and cloakroom
- Upstairs -- Five bedrooms and four bathrooms
- Outside -- Private gated entrance, gravel drive front garden and large rear garden
- Extras -- Double Garage and Home Office
- LOUNGE 6.32m (20'9") x 3.97m (13'0") double glazed mock sash bay window overlooking the driveway and garden frontage. Two double radiators, feature Minster open fireplace, two television points, telephone point, ceiling cornices, sound speaker system, two ceiling light points each with rose and double doors into DINING ROOM 5.14m (16'10") x 3.97m (13'0") Providing double glazed double French doors with views over the rear garden and farmland beyond and further obscure double glazed window to side. Two double radiators, ample space for dining table and chairs and free standing furniture, ceiling cornices, telephone point, sound speaker system, ceiling light point with rose and a door which returns to the reception hallway.
- KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM 5.25m (17'3") max x 3.93m (13') max Beech wood fronted base and drawer units set under a contrasting composite work top surface with an inset stainless steel sink and drainer unit set below a UPVC double glazed window to side. Built in Hotpoint four ring electric hob with built in cooker hood and lighting over, adjacent Neff double oven and grill, complementary wall mounted units with concealed down-lighters, which incorporates display shelving and two single China display cabinets. Built in central peninsula island, integrated Neff dishwasher, built in fridge, complementary tiling to all wash and work stations, space for breakfast table and chairs, double radiator, tiled floor, TV and telephone points, coving to ceiling, numerous inset down-lighters, sound speaker system, double glazed double French doors and windows which lead out to the conservatory and further to the utility. UTILITY 2.65m(8'8") max x 1.55m(5'1") max comprising built in beech wood units, stai
- CONSERVATORY 3.0m (13"1) x 3.64m (11'x11") tiled floor, TV point, Sanderson blinds and double doors to the garden
- FAMILY ROOM 4.56m (15'0") x 3.95m (13'0") double glazed mock sash bay window overlooking the driveway frontage. Stone fireplace, ample space for seating and free standing furniture, double radiator, TV point, ceiling cornices, sound speaker system and ceiling light point with rose. STUDY 3.12m (10'3") x 2.48m (8'1") UPVC double glazed window with views over the rear garden and farmland beyond, laminate wood flooring, single radiator, ceiling cornice and ceiling light point. CLOAKROOM - Refitted by David Jacques
- HOME OFFICE 5.16m (16'11") x 3.06m (10'1") Fully fitted with extensive range of furniture including table, cupboards, desk and chairs.
- DOUBLE WIDTH GARAGE 5.75m (18'10") max x 5.64m (18'6") max Providing two metal electronically operated up and over doors, access to roof void, power and lighting, natural illumination via a UPVC double glazed window overlooking the rear garden. Also housing the wall mounted Grandee oil fired central heating boiler, two fluorescent strip lights over a door.
- LANDSCAPED REAR GARDEN Leading out via an extensively paved patio area with brick edging, which is ideal for seating summer furniture, extending the full width of the property, with adjoining floral and herbaceous beds. Professionally landscaped, the extensive beds are stocked with a wide variety of shrubs and flowers and benefit from an irrigation system. An offset gravel pathway leading down through a pergola and curving round to the right hand side to a further garden area which has hard standing and power supply for two 12' x 8' garden sheds. The boundaries are clearly defined with wood fencing and hedgerow borders and there is gated access to each side of the property to the frontage. There is an electrically operated Sanderson awning leading off from the dining room, external water tap, illumination and delightful views to the surrounds. A further irrigation system affords easy watering for hanging baskets to front and rear of the house.
- MASTER BEDROOM 5.70m (18'9") max x 3.96m (13'0") two double glazed mock sash windows to front sharing a single radiator below, TV and telephone points, coving to ceiling, sound speaker system, ceiling light point with rose. EN-SUITE 5.42m (17'9") max x 3.55m 11'8") max David Jacques luxury bathroom with quartz vanity unit with two Villeroy & Boch handbasins, Victoria and Albert free-standing bath, large shower with quartz panels, Toto WC with Gerberit cistern and underfloor heating.WALK-IN WARDROBE with several hanging rails, shelving, windows and lighting and additional storage.
- Further Bedrooms -- BEDROOM 2 5.14m (16'11") x 3.97m (13'0") UPVC double glazed windows encased radiator below, TV and telephone points. Ample space for double bed and free standing bedroom furniture, laminate wood flooring, coving to ceiling, ceiling light point and door into EN-SUITE SHOWER ROOM with Grohe shower. BEDROOM 3 3.97m (13'0") x 3.92m (12'10") Providing two double glazed mock sash windows with encased radiator set below, TV and telephone points. Space for double bed and free standing bedroom furniture, coving to ceiling, numerous inset down lighters and a door into EN-SUITE SHOWER ROOM. BEDROOM 4 3.97m(13'0") x 3.56m(11'8") with UPVC double glazed windows, three double and one single built in full height wardrobes conceal shelving and rail with matching chest of drawers and bedside table. Space for double bed and free standing bedroom furniture. BEDROOM 5 3.12m (10'3") x 2.48m (8'1") UPVC double glazed window to rear, space for double bed and free standing bedroom furnitur
- FAMILY BATHROOM A white four piece suite comprises pedestal wash hand basin, low level flush wc, wood panelled bath to side with optional shower attachment and a self contained shower cubicle with Grohe shower fitment over. Complementary tiling to all splashbacks and the half height surround, an obscure UPVC double glazed window to side, Amtico flooring, single radiator, coving to ceiling, inset downlighters and extractor fan. AIRING CUPBOARD. Partially boarded LOFT with ladder and electric lighting