Mr Clarke :
You are opposite Kenilworth's very own Michelin star restaurant.
Burnt Cottage is a six bedroom Georgian home, situated in historical Old Town Kenilworth. This wonderful home is bursting with period features including exposed beams and an irresistible log burner, and even has the added bonus of garage parking. This spacious home is available now with weekly cleaning service included. Mainly Unfurnished and located in close proximity to Warwick University and Jaguar Land Rover. Well behaved pets considered.
As you approach the stone steps with built in boot scraper (handy for after the long dog walk on Abbey Fields), the Virginia creeper growing around the doorway gives you a sense of this home's history.
Depending on your activities during the day, there are two entrances to choose from; the main front door will lead you directly into your home. Or, if you have muddy boots from rambling across the nearby fields, there is always the side access which leads into the secure walled garden and the rear of the property.
Once through the back door there is an extremely spacious boot room/Utility area. The two reception rooms give you flexibility with your family living arrangements and the stunning Inglenook fireplace with large log burning stove will ensure you are never shivering on a cold winter's night.
The walled garden is a true haven and whilst Burnt Cottage is a town house by nature, the garden gives you a sense of calm and privacy. Not being overlooked and surrounded by other gardens, the Kitchen gives an ideal outlook allowing to keep an eye on your children/pets. This is the perfect place to call home for a while.
Mrs Clarke :
The walled garden is so secure for the children.
Up the staircase, complete with traditional oak balustrades, you will continue to be very impressed by the sheer size of all six of the property’s bedrooms. Three of them are situated on the first floor, with the further three bedrooms reaching up into the eaves of the house. Each floor has a single bathroom; very useful for a growing family.
The historic positioning of this Grade II listed town house means that parking was not a major consideration during its construction, however there is a garage located behind the houses on the opposite side of the road along with two parking permits allowing you to park in the Abbey Fields car park only a short walk away.
- Summary : Ideal for families or professionals. Close proximity to Warwick University and Jaguar Land Rover.
- To Let : Mainly Unfurnished With Fridge Freezer and Dishwasher Included - Pets Considered - Available Early October 2019
- Three Words : Character. Location. Beauty.
Our favourite part
A gorgeous home in a great part of Kenilworth.
Kenilworth Old Town
Historical town with a Castle, old pubs and beautiful park.
There is Kenilworth and then there is Kenilworth Old Town. This isn't us being all "estate agenty" and making up names for places to increase property prices - Kenilworth Old Town is the enclave of gorgeous homes, shops and restaurants (including The Cross) based around the Castle and Abbey Fields. It's the poshest end of this fab town!
Within a hop and a step you can be eating supper at Loch Fyne or The famous Cross. You can be drinking a pint at The Queen & Castle or The Virgins. There is a newsagent, a bakery, a tea shop, a physio and lots of lovely local peeps to say hello to.
Kenilworth High Street boasts banks galore, numerous coffee houses, bundles of restaurants, funky bars, fantastic schools for kiddly winks of all ages, a Waitrose, Boots and a weekly farmers market that dishes up some delicious local produce. Mr Clarke is particularly fond of the high percentage of pubs all within wobbling distance of each other.
Kenilworth is surrounded by breath-taking countryside and some lovely walks are on hand to help you blow off the cobwebs after work or if you just fancy a long Sunday ramble. And should you like stepping back in time, you could always descend onto Kenilworth Castle, which is lovingly cared for by English Heritage.
There’s a super friendly community spirit in Kenilworth too and you’ll always find something in the calendar to enjoy. It could be the annual bonfire and fireworks display that draws in thousands of folk. Or the annual duck race on Boxing Day (no, not real ducks). All in all, it’s a place you’ll feel at home almost overnight.
It’s really well connected, with Birmingham airport just 20 minutes away and should you need to bob along to London, it’s just over an hour from Coventry station. In early 2017, Kenilworth will be the proud new owner of a local railway station on the line between Coventry and Leamington Spa, so London will be even easier to access.
Hip and happening town with a Michelin Star
- Closest village/town: The Old High Street is like a little village
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: The Orangery for flowers is a Mrs Clarke favourite
- Supermarket: Waitrose darling
- Pubs: There are four within walking distance. Tonight might be The Queen & Castle
- Walks: Across Abbey fields and around the castle is a joy.
- House -- Six double bedroom Grade II Listed Georgian Cottage located in Old Town Kenilworth. Keeping many original features including; exposed beams, wooden flooring and oak staircases. The current owners have also sympathetically installed wooden framed double glazed windows throughout.
- Parking -- A short walk away there is a garage and the property also allows two permits for parking in Abbey Fields car park.
- Ground Floor -- Breakfast kitchen looking out over the garden and bespoke wooden units, spacious utility housing gas fired central heating boiler, Cloakroom WC, lounge with inglenook fireplace and large log burning stove and dining room with feature open fireplace with marble surround.
- First Floor -- Master bedroom overlooking the garden, two further bedrooms, a dressing room and the family bathroom.
- Second Floor -- Three further double bedrooms being served by a shower room.
- Cellar -- Currently utilised as a workshop but in a dry condition ready to be converted.
- Garden -- Walled garden with separate side access and archway leading to secondary secret garden.
- All services connected. Ultra fast broadband available. Council Tax Band F.