Mr Clarke thinks :
The wine fridges beneath the island are an excellent touch!
Timeless details blend effortlessly with modern design in this stunning Georgian property in the heart of Derbyshire. Exquisitely and flawlessly renovated, this south-facing period home has four bedrooms, an inviting lounge and cosy snug, including an extraordinary open-plan kitchen-diner, and 2 bathrooms. Nestled behind the paved patio and lawned garden is a spacious annex with a home office and gym.
Walking up the stone path to the front door, you are greeted by sophisticated Hessian carpets. The woven muted tones throughout the downstairs seating areas harmonize with the gentle Farrow & Ball sage walls, creating a refuge from the busy world outside. In the lounge, delicate bronze reading lamps illuminate your favourite novels in the lofty bookcases on either side of the antique tiled fireplace. The alcoves beside it house the logs you’ll need to warm up after a long frosty dog walk through the nature reserve at nearby Sunnydale Park. After lighting the fire, sink into the velvet sofa, cosy under your favourite blanket - you’ll have never known such bliss. Just on from the lounge, a sunlit space is an optimal setting for a grand piano, as the glass roof above gives it a natural spotlight. Your resident musician will relish playing their repertoire, music spilling into the lush garden through the open doors to the annex across the lawn. On a hot summer’s day, you can relax on the outdoor rattan sofa, Pimm’s in hand, while the kids and puppy run free.
But the most remarkable part of this home is the sensational open plan kitchen and dining room - the entertaining space of dreams. You won’t be able to stop a squeal of delight as you catch sight of the spectacular 3-metre island. Above you, the spotlights in the ceiling highlight the dazzling worktop and brighten the resident chef’s relaxing evenings spent at the hob, tasting and tweaking their newest recipes. The cobalt blue cabinetry warms the fresh metro tile backsplash, another juxtaposition of the old-meets-new design. With this flawless kitchen, all that’s left to do is decide where you’ll place the Neom candles and coffee machine (oh, and your extensive collection of Emma Bridgewater mugs).
Mrs Clarke loves :
The charming snug - just add a novel and wine
The wooden chair rail winds up the stairs to the four evenly arranged bedrooms and two bathrooms. The rooms off the bright landing are homey and inviting, and each member of the family has their own leafy view and a breeze flowing in through their shutter-framed window. Bunk beds or double beds would fit easily in the large second bedroom, creating a playroom for the kids next door. In the master bedroom, the French-style wardrobes exude a certain je ne sais quoi that flows into the renovated ensuite. The smooth gray marble turns an everyday shower into a luxurious moment - just hang your dressing gown on the back of the door. Down the hall, the walk-in closet with a vanity is an added perk to the current home layout but could easily be converted back into an extra bedroom if you love having guests come stay.
When the sun is out, your garden is the best place to be. Make your way outdoors, stepping onto the hot patio stones before sinking your feet into the dewy grass. Once the parasol is open and the padding pool is filled, fire up the barbecue and roll out the Aperol spritzes as your neighbours begin to arrive. At the end of the summer, lavender-scented air sweeps past on your walk to the office at the end of the garden. Before jumping into your workday, head into the home gym and power through a tough Peloton ride. The gym thankfully doubles as storage for the family road bikes, golf clubs, and the kids’ sports gear, along with all the wellies.
On the weekend, transform the annex into a creative hub for the painters, potters, and makers in the family. Jack Johnson fades into The Rolling Stones and suddenly there’s an impromptu family dance party, complete with impressive air guitar. After a day spent playing and working in the garden, reward yourself with a hot soak in the roll top bath and a great book for company.
- Three words : Vibrant. Immaculate. Style.
Our favourite part
The spectacular kitchen – bright, inviting, and open
Littleover is a community just two miles outside of Derby with a strong village spirit. It’s a great location where you’re friendly with the neighbours, plus the nearby parks and nature reserves are great for dog-lovers and keen walkers.
A suburban extension of busy Derby, Littleover living means you can have your fix of the city life and then return to your leafy neighbourhood and quieter evenings. Here, everything you need is steps away: outstanding primary schools, award-winning secondary schools (Derby High School and Derby Grammar School), a bustling high street, and more. Fancy a pub meet up? Head to the historical White Swan just minutes down the road where you’re sure to spot some familiar faces.
Local life around the village
- Post Office: 1
- Pubs: White Swan has a great vibe and cracking atmosphere.
- What's new - everything! The home was completely renovated 18 months ago
- What's special - Skyline roof in the kitchen, all Farrow & Ball paint colours throughout the house, hand built bedroom wardrobes.
- Kitchen - Designed with huge island as a centre piece. 3.1 metres long and 1.5 metres wide, integral 2 double fronted wine coolers, and finished with huge One piece slab of White Quartz. All appliances are brand new NEF - 2 Double ovens, extractor fan, 5 ring induction hob,2 dishwashers, new full height integral fridge freezer. The island has 3 large designer rope glass lights as a centre piece. All units are new from Howdens, which overspill into the utility room. The flooring is very expensive designer LVT Herringbone floor, each tile was individually laid, and goes throughout the kitchen, utility and downstairs WC. The kitchen was also designed with it's own lighting display that highlights workspaces and key areas.
- Living rooms - Hand built and bespoke designed bookcases fitted in the main living room. Hessian carpets, original open fireplace surround. Decorated to a very high standard, and also fitted with White shutter Blinds. Lobby area off the kitchen which offers a breakout sitting area. Hessian carpets fitted and decorated to high standard. Front snug room which offers a quiet place to sit and relax.
- Sleeping spaces - All bedrooms are fitted with new White shutters which have been supplied and installed by Hilary's blinds. All bedrooms have good quality LVT flooring, and decorated to a high standard. Large Master bedroom to the rear of the house with a further good size bedroom next door. Bathroom separates a further Two bedrooms at the front of the house. Large bedroom at the front with an generous large size en-suite. French style built in wardrobes.
- Wash rooms - New porcelain tiles in main bathroom floor to ceiling. New shower, new trays, new vanity units, free standing Victorian style bath on legs. New flooring to the ensuite, complete new shower unit, new vanity with lighting, decorated to high standard.
- Outside - Attractive Front & Rear Gardens, Private 3 car driveway with new wooden electric gates painted in farrow & ball colour.
- Tenure - Freehold
- Internal area – 1945 Sq ft / 181 sq m