Mr Clarke thinks :
This is a great home in the heart of Leamington.
A large four storey house in the heart of Leamington has been transformed into an exciting space full of light, oozing with style and packed with interest.Campion Terrace is the perfect Leamington street - quiet, tree lined, a cracking local pub, a short stroll into town and an even shorter walk with the dog to Newbold Comyn, plus there are no parking restrictions (shhh!). The houses on the street make you want to peek inside and see how the other half live. This property has been refurbished top-to-bottom, providing the discerning home hunter everything they need.
Head through the front door and into the wide entrance hall, hang your coat, take off your shoes and come on in The front living room is beautifully framed by the vast bay window. Original floorboards have been stripped back to their former glory, juxtaposing the contemporary nature of the stylish gas fireplace and bespoke shutters. A second reception room (currently set up as a dining room) offers french door access to the garden, flooding the room with natural light. Turning these two rooms into a single open living space would provide further flexibility - we quite like having two reception rooms though.
Take a deep breath, open the kitchen and try not to say Oh my gosh this is gorgeous!
Mrs Clarke loves :
The large bright spacious rooms.
The kitchen is worthy of an interior design magazine; effortlessly combining form and function. The stunning design features top-spec materials and indulgent touches throughout. Just to top it off, bifold doors open on a corner resulting in a single indoor/outdoor eating and living space and breathing light and life into the breakfast bar area on even the darkest of days. On the first floor you find a lovely back bedroom currently set up as a nursery with a balcony garden; this room would make a fabulous home-office or guest room. In addition there is a newly renovated wet-room style bathroom with rainfall shower, and plenty of storage space. The second floor offers two large bedrooms: the master is at the front of the house and features a large bay-window and ensuite. The room is large enough for a four-poster bed, and once again we see the period features lovingly restored alongside all the functional touches you might want plugs and individual exposed lighting on each side of the bed, and Brooklyn Pipes for a modern wardrobe update. The spa-style ensuite features Fired Earth tiles and the comfiest two-person freestanding tub youre likely to encounter, and underfloor heating will keep toes warm on a cold morning.
The guest room is unusually a similar size to the master, with original fireplace and a lovely window overlooking the courtyard garden.The top floor has been converted into a large, modern attic room with plenty of storage, perfect as a bedroom, playroom, study or TV snug or as a large home-office.
Outside you find a courtyard garden, which is perfect for relaxing. It has been landscaped to provide social spaces without much upkeep. We love the slab stone "flooring", the reclaimed sleepers and bespoke oak seating area. A garage and bin store has been cleverly hidden from view.
- Highlights : Location. Garden. 3/4 bedrooms. Basement with potential for development.
- Three words : Large. Stylish. Home.
Our favourite part
The gentle atmosphere in the living room - you are far from the hustle and bustle of town living.
Local Life in Leamington
Royal Leamington Spa, or Leam as we Leamingtonians like to call our beloved town, has the lot... tree lined avenues, hip and happening social scene, pretty parks, great schools and great coffee shops. Leam has it all.
Leamington’s streets of Regency town houses, which equal those of Cheltenham’s or Brighton’s in my humble opinion, are full of gorgeous homes and friendly people. There is a grand sense down every street.
Well connected? Leamington is super well connected. The M40 nips past to Birmingham, Oxford and London; Stratford-upon-Avon and Coventry are a 20-min drive away; Birmingham 40 mins.
The town has emerged as one of the Midland’s most highly regarded places to live for families who love the schools and activities, as well as young singles and couple who love the bar, restaurant and cultural scene.
If you like shopping, you will love the town centre’s mixed independent shops and High Street chains.
Mrs Clarke loves the boutique feel of the town centre, with its mix of hipster coffee shops like The Larder and the gorgeous shops like Thrills of The Emporium, Collective and Farrow & Ball. The High Street has all the big names and then there is the M&S food hall.
Mr Clarke has a few favourites of his own. His personal tailor at Clements & Church, a pint at The Pug; breakfast at Haddie & Trilbie or Coffee Architects; lunch at Nana's when he needs to impress Mrs C.
Education options include Arnold Lodge & Kingsley School For Girls, which are good independent schooling options, and excellent state primary (St. Peter's) close by. Secondary schools (Myton, Trinity, North. Leam). Leamington College and Warwick University
Tree lined avenues, great shops and a buzzing social scene. What more could you want?
- Closest village/town: Lots of lovely countryside on your doorstep
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Lots of great independent shops and great High Street names
- Supermarket: All of them!
- Pubs: The Fat Pug and The Star & Garter are our favourites
- Walks: Along the river Leam and through the leafy parks
- No chain
- Entrance Hall -- Victorian-tiled, covered porch leading to the front door. The hallway includes solid wooden floorboards, and doors to Cloakroom/WC and living room.
- Cloakroom / WC -- Newly renovated downstairs cloakroom/WC
- Living Room -- 14' 7" x 11' 4" (4.45m x 3.45m ) Wooden floorboards continued from entrance hall, original sash window, tall ceiling with cornicing, picture rails and radiator.
- Kitchen -- 12' 0" x 11' 6" (3.65m x 3.5m ) Timber eye and base level units, solid wood work tops, large Smeg six ring gas hobs with additional griddle pan built into worktop, built in microwave, double oven, and fridge freezer, tiled flooring with additional splash back tiles to walls, tall ceilings, and original sash windows to courtyard. Door to unconverted basement.
- Basement -- Unconverted basement with potential for development.
- Dining Room -- 10' 6" x 10' 2" (3.2m x 3.1m ) Bi-folding doors leading out to the courtyard, additional door to side courtyard, single glazed window to side, and wooden flooring. Door to utility room.
- Utility Area -- Newly renovated area with tiled flooring and plumbing for washing machine.
- Sitting Room -- 15' 1" x 14' 9" (max) (4.6m x 4.51m (max) ) Dual aspect double glazing to front, feature cast iron fireplace and marble hearth, radiator, tall ceilings, picture rails and wooden flooring.
- Master Bedroom -- 15' 1" x 14' 9" (max) (4.6m x 4.5m (max) ) Two sash windows to side and rear, two radiators, tall ceilings, picture rails and shelving into eves. Door to bathroom. Bathroom -- 12' 2" x 9' 3" (3.7m x 2.81m ) A modern bathroom suite with high standard floor and wall tiling, floating wash hand basin, large heated non-condensation mirror, low level WC, tiled bath with mixer taps, large walk in shower cubicle, two chrome heated towel rails, double glazed window to rear, airing cupboard housing gas boiler, and extractor fan. Also includes access to loft space for good -sized storage.
- Bedroom 2 -- 15' 0" x 12' 5" (4.57m x 3.79m ) A bright and spacious bedroom with large double glazed dormer style window with great roof top views, fitted wardrobes, storage into eaves, feature fireplace and radiator.
- Bedroom 3 -- 15' 9" x 6' 0" (4.8m x 1.84m ) A well proportioned fourth bedroom with double glazed dormer style window to rear with again lovely rooftop views, further storage into eaves, and radiator.
- Shower Room -- A shower room with large tiled shower cubicle with glass screen, low level WC, and wash hand basin under feature arch. and fully tiled flooring.
- Courtyard -- A peaceful courtyard garden with decking, built in seating space and private rear passageway. The courtyard also can be expanded into an indoor/outdoor open plan area via the full length bi-fold doors into the dining area.