Mr Clarke likes :
The location is great and the renovations make this a great family home.
A large four storey house in the heart of Leamington has been transformed into an exciting space full of light, oozing with style and packed with interest.
Campion Terrace is the perfect Leamington street - quiet, tree lined, a cracking local pub, a short stroll into town and an even shorter walk with the dog to Newbold Comyn, plus there are no parking restrictions (shhh!). The houses on the street make you want to peek inside and see how the other half live. This property has been refurbished top-to-bottom, providing the discerning home hunter everything they need.
Head through the front door and into the wide entrance hall, hang your coat, take off your shoes and come on in… The front living room is beautifully framed by the vast bay window. Original floorboards have been stripped back to their former glory, juxtaposing the contemporary nature of the stylish gas fireplace and bespoke shutters. A second reception room (currently set up as a dining room) offers french door access to the garden, flooding the room with natural light. Turning these two rooms into a single open living space would provide further flexibility - we quite like having two reception rooms though.
Take a deep breath, open the kitchen and try not to say “Oh my gosh this is gorgeous!”. The kitchen is worthy of an interior design magazine; effortlessly combining form and function. The stunning design features top-spec materials and indulgent touches throughout. Just to top it off, bifold doors open on a corner resulting in a single indoor/outdoor eating and living space and breathing light and life into the breakfast bar area on even the darkest of days.
Mrs Clarke Loves :
The beautiful kitchen and connection to the garden.
On the first floor you find a lovely back bedroom currently set up as a nursery with a balcony garden; this room would make a fabulous home-office or guest room. In addition there is a newly renovated wet-room style bathroom with rainfall shower, and plenty of storage space.
The second floor offers two large bedrooms: the master is at the front of the house and features a large bay-window and ensuite. The room is large enough for a four-poster bed, and once again we see the period features lovingly restored alongside all the functional touches you might want – plugs and individual exposed lighting on each side of the bed, and Brooklyn Pipes for a modern wardrobe update. The spa-style ensuite features Fired Earth tiles and the comfiest two-person freestanding tub you’re likely to encounter, and underfloor heating will keep toes warm on a cold morning.
The guest room is – unusually – a similar size to the master, with original fireplace and a lovely window overlooking the courtyard garden.
The top floor has been converted into a large, modern attic room with plenty of storage, perfect as a bedroom, playroom, study or TV snug – or as a large home-office.
Outside you find a courtyard garden, which is perfect for relaxing. It has been landscaped to provide social spaces without much upkeep. We love the slab stone "flooring", the reclaimed sleepers and bespoke oak seating area. A garage and bin store has been cleverly hidden from view.
- Style : Historic house with a modern vibe.
- What's new? : Everything has been done from top to bottom, inside out, this house has been brought into the modern day. New heating, new electrics, new bathrooms, new kitchen, fully decorated, loft conversion, plastered and painted, landscaped garden and every little piece reconfigured.
- Three words : Stylish. Spacious. Stunning.
Our favourite part
The stunning kitchen.
- Kitchen -- Matt-black semi-bespoke kitchen with Dekton work surfaces, hot-water tap, projecting dishwasher (onto the floor) and custom Spekva breakfast bar. A British bake-off oven is complimented by a warming drawer, and a secondary dual oven/microwave means you can cook Christmas dinner for 10 easily! The limited-edition extraction fan is an indulgent touch, and an induction hob makes for super quick, super easy cooking. Deep, soft-close drawers are the icing on the cake. Add in the dual Bi-Folds that open on to an entirely new landscaped garden with custom oak sleepers and you’ve got the kitchen of your dreams. Appliances – Hot water tap. Built in fridge/freezer, modern dishwasher, induction hob, oven and combi-oven with warming drawer.
- Appliances – Hot water tap. Built in fridge/freezer, modern dishwasher, induction hob, oven and combi-oven with warming drawer.
- Living Room -- New gas fireplace, original wood flooring, bespoke shutters.
- Dining Room -- French doors, original fireplace, custom built floating shelves.
- Master Bedroom -- Custom shutters, Brooklyn pipework wardrobe, exposed lights, original flooring. Ensuite bathroom -- Fired Earth tiles, underfloor heating, freestanding bath, custom sink and taps.
- Second Bedroom -- Lovely garden views, original flooring, original fireplace, exposed lights
- Loft Conversion -- storage in eaves, custom bannisters, new shelving, new lighting, new flooring
- Bathroom -- Shower with rainfall head, sink and WC.
- Extras – Cellar, downstairs cloakroom, garage
- Outside -- Landscaped courtyard garden with bespoke seating area, stone "flooring" and reclaimed sleeper flower beds. Garage and bin area.
- Broadband -- Superfast