Mr Clarke says :
The quality of the house is exceptional and the location is ideal.
Sitting prettily on a quiet lane in the heart of the lovely village of Harbury, Church Street Cottage has been thoughtfully and stylishly renovated to create a modern home with space and charm.
Harbury could not be a more perfect village if it tried - several pubs, friendly people, gently rolling countryside, cobbled streets and the pealing of church bells on a Sunday morning - all within easy reach of urban hubs and transport links.
Church Street Cottage is a stylish two bedroom home over looking the church. Originating in the 1700s the cottage is bursting with charm, but this house has had a seriously cool makeover to bring it up to modern tastes. The exposed brick fireplace in the living room contrasts beautifully with the Farrow & Ball "All White" walls and the sparkling new windows. The bespoke kitchen with oak countertops suit the inspired home cook and the south facing courtyard garden is perfect to host an impromptu summer barbecue.
The Living Room is a calm refuge from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Pop the fire on, close the shutters and curl up with Netflix... then relax. A new front door and new windows have been installed throughout making this a lovely and warm home.
Head upstairs to the cutest two bedrooms and bathroom…
Mrs Clarke says :
This is a seriously stylish home. The Master Bedroom is like a boutique hotel.
On the first floor you find a double bedroom overlooking the church field. This is a great second bedroom or it could be a sweet nursery, a guest bedroom, a study with a sofa bed or a dressing room. There are double wardrobes for all your clothes, shoes and unsightly bits and bobs. An original cast iron fireplace and exposed beams add some serious character.
The modern bathroom is more like a boutique spa hotel - white painted floorboards, chic bath with shower above and lots of storage space.
The highlight is tucked at the top of the house. Head up the stairs and into the Master Bedroom. This is a serious stylish bedroom. There are more exposed beams and the view is idyllic. There is plenty of storage and space for stretching after a long, peaceful slumber. We love it.
- Style : Modern village life.
- Lifestyle : Peace in the country within easy reach of urban life.
- Three words : Modern. Stylish. Village.
Our favourite part
The mix of old and new.
Imagine waking up on a Sunday morning to the pealing of church bells and the clip clop of horses hoofs (not too early hopefully as you were probably out in Leamington last night!) Harbury could not be more quintessentially "English Village" if a Hollywood director spent millions creating it. People greet you with a warm "hello", each of the three pubs know your tipple and there is bunting strewn down the street during the Royal Wedding weekend. Ahhh. Village Life.
Harbury is so sweet that when you park the car and walk around you forget that you are a hop step and jump to the M40, Leamington and Warwick. You have all the peace and quiet you could dream of but if you just need a flat white you don't have to go too far.
- Closest village/town: You don't need to leave Harbury to find a better village
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: The Co-op has everything you need so you will never have to do a big shop again!
- Supermarket: Waitrose in Kenilworth darling (Ocado is much easier though!)
- Pubs: There are THREE! The crown (our favourite), The Shakespeare inn, The Gamecock
- Walks: Endless countryside walks of all distances on your doorstep
- Downstairs -- Stunning living room and kitchen
- Outside -- Cute courtyard garden
- First Floor -- Bedroom & Bathroom
- Second Floor -- Master Bedroom
- New -- Total refurbishment including new windows and doors, new staircase, new kitchen, garden improvements, new bathroom, decoration thorughout
- Old --Original beams throughout Exposed brick fireplace in living room Cast iron fireplace in 1st floor bedroom
- Broadband -- High Speed
- Areas -- 60.9 sq.metres (655.9 sq.ft) excludes courtyard garden Ground floor 21.9 sq.metres (235.9 sq.ft) First floor 21.2 sq.metres (227.9 sq.ft) Second floor 17.8 sq.metres (192.1 sq.ft)
- Kitchen -- Oak countertops Exposed brick wall with oak shelving Stable door Window looking out onto courtyard garden Kitchen extension completed in 1994 New kitchen refit in 2015 Integrated washer dryer Fridge freezer to be included with sale
- Living Room -- Exposed brick fireplace with reclaimed oak mantle piece New front door with glass paneling, new shutters lets a lot of light in and makes it feel spacious despite it being a cottage. Recently redecorated walls, ceiling and white beams (all in farrow and ball paint all white). Area in living room for dining table and guests. Shutters included in sale. Radiator cover included in sale
- Bedroom 1 -- Double fitted wardrobe with lots of storage space, single wardrobe + a storage cupboard means that there is plenty of storage. Comfortably fits a day bed + space for a home office area – allowing room for guests to stay (previous owners have had this set up to fit a double bed if preferred) Cast iron fireplace Beams New windows + recently redecorated ceiling, walls and painted doors. Nice views out onto Church field.
- Bathroom -- Modern bathroom with shower over bath White wooden floors Mirror cabinet for storage Bathroom re-fitted 2016 Beams
- Master Bedroom -- Alcove area with a space for seating area or chair to relax and read a book (previous owners used this as an area for a home office) Plenty of space for a double bed Beams throughout Alcove storage on either side of room (recently insulated) New double glazed window overlooking Church field
- Post code -- CV33 9EY