Mr Clarke thinks :
The quality of the house is exceptional and the location is ideal.
Sitting prettily on a quiet lane in the heart of the lovely village of Harbury, Church Street Cottage has been thoughtfully and stylishly renovated to create a modern home with space and charm. Harbury could not be a more perfect village if it tried - several pubs, friendly people, gently rolling countryside, cobbled streets and the pealing of church bells on a Sunday morning - all within easy reach of urban hubs and transport links.
Church Street Cottage is a stylish two bedroom home over looking the church. Originating in the 1700s the cottage is bursting with charm, but this house has had a seriously cool makeover to bring it up to modern tastes. The exposed brick fireplace in the living room contrasts beautifully with the Farrow & Ball "All White" walls and the sparkling new windows. The bespoke kitchen with oak countertops suit the inspired home cook and the south facing courtyard garden is perfect to host an impromptu gathering of friends and family. We especially love the stable door, making it easy to pass barbecue ingredients out in the summer.
Mrs Clarke loves :
This is a seriously stylish home. The main bedroom is like a boutique hotel.
The living room, which is the first room you enter, is a calm refuge from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Pop the fire on, close the shutters and curl up with Netflix... then relax. A new front door and new windows have been installed throughout making this a lovely and warm home. Head upstairs to the cutest two bedrooms and bathroom. One of these is currently used as a work from home space, but we wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to leave after 5pm. With those lush views out across the church field, you feel happy and content.
This could be a great second bedroom or it could be a sweet nursery, a dressing room or keep it as a study! There are double wardrobes for all your clothes, shoes and unsightly bits and bobs. An original cast iron fireplace and exposed beams add some serious character. The modern bathroom is more like a boutique spa hotel - decorative tiles, chic bath with shower above and lots of storage space.
The highlight is tucked at the top of the house. Head up the stairs and into the main bedroom. This is a serious stylish bedroom. There are more exposed beams and the view is idyllic. There is plenty of storage and space for stretching after a long, peaceful slumber. We love it.
- Character : Gorgeous exposed brick fireplace in living room & cast iron fireplace.
- Three words : Modern. Stylish. Village.
Our favourite part
The mix of old and new, like the original beams throughout and mod cons.
Imagine waking up on a Sunday morning to the pealing of church bells and the clip clop of horses hoofs (not too early hopefully as you were probably out in Leamington last night!) Harbury could not be more quintessentially "English Village" if a Hollywood director spent millions creating it. People greet you with a warm "hello", each of the three pubs know your tipple and there is bunting strewn down the street during the Royal Wedding weekend. Ahhh. Village Life.
Harbury is so sweet that when you park the car and walk around you forget that you are a hop step and jump to the M40, Leamington and Warwick. You have all the peace and quiet you could dream of but if you just need a flat white you don't have to go too far.
- Closest village/town: You don't need to leave Harbury to find a better village
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: The Co-op has everything you need so you will never have to do a big shop again!
- Supermarket: Waitrose in Kenilworth darling (Ocado is much easier though!)
- Pubs: There are THREE! The crown (our favourite), The Shakespeare inn, The Gamecock
- Walks: Endless countryside walks of all distances on your doorstep
- Living Spaces: Kitchen has oak countertops, exposed brick wall with oak shelving, stable door and a window looking out onto courtyard garden. The extension completed in 1994. New kitchen refit in 2015. Integrated washer, dryer, fridge freezer. Living room has an area for dining table and guests. There's a reclaimed oak mantle piece, as well as recently redecorated walls, ceiling and white beams (all in farrow and ball paint all white).
- Sleeping spaces: Two great sized double bedrooms, each with its own floor. The main suite is on the top floor has alcove storage and alcove area with a space for seating area or chair to relax and read a book. The first floor bedroom (currently used as a study) has fitted wardrobes.
- Outside: Cute courtyard garden to watch the sun set.
- New: Total refurbishment including new windows and doors, new staircase, new kitchen, garden improvements, new bathroom, decoration throughout.
- Broadband: High Speed.