Mr Clarke thinks :
I feel like the King of the castle on the top floor with magnificent views over the city.
Nestled within 4.5 acres of tranquil grounds, Clewer Court has the perfect mix of the cottage feels and modern vibes. You’re safe, not overlooked, and have a peaceful haven to call your own. Enjoy calmer days watching the sunset whilst perched on one of the rose garden benches, or cooking up a storm in the designer kitchen and entertaining guests at home.
The location is great and the current homeowners have been very happy here for over 30 years. You’re close to Allt-yr-yn woods and nature reserve as well as Fourteen Locks. The bucolic setting flows throughout the home too. The communal entrance is bright and welcoming. On the top floor, you’ll find this chic apartment with three great sized bedrooms and plenty of charm.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The lovely community feel amongst neighbours.
We are obsessed with the Living Room; from the feature fireplace to the unique windows. The earthy tones in this space make this a relaxing spot to watch TV or catch up with family in the dining area. You are able to change the layout of this room as frequently as you want, and we know how important adaptable spaces are for modern day living. The kitchen next door has all the cupboard storage and equipment you may need. It’s a super sociable layout.
No matter which of three bedrooms you choose to have, you’ll sleep better every night here. The Main Bedroom has fitted wardrobes so all you need to think about is what artwork you’re going to hang up. Everything has been done and you can move straight in. The further bedrooms are both airy and neutrally decorated, they’re waiting and ready to put your own stamp on. One of them could be a home office which is super handy. You can be uninterrupted and comfortable at the same time. The bathroom is neat, tidy and the perfect spot to soak away the day. The heated towel rail really comes in handy for the later months of the year.
This is a great, friendly home which is steeped in community-driven history since 1852. You can either move straight in, or get your creative juices flowing. We’re sure you’ll love it.
- Three words : Private. Secure. Home.
Our favourite part
It’s utterly beautiful on the inside and out.
Clewer Court sits elegantly above Newport on Oakfield Road. This area is more commonly known as the Handpost and is tucked away on the east side of the city. Tranquil surrounds, tree lined roads, exquisite architecture and good looking homes set the tone. The area also has great views over the land towards the severn estuary and countryside. On a summer's day skip to the park with the pooch and visit Belle Vue which is just down the road, or if you're fancying a day trip with the little ones then you're close enough to the motorway so it's no bother at all. You're so close to the local connections that almost anything is possible!
On a sunny afternoon we recommend heading to The Cafe at Ridgeway to have a latte and a natter with friends or a picnic and take in the fabulous vistas on the grass. We always like to mention a pub or two and Mr and Mrs Clarke know of two crackers around here. The Ridgeway, pop in and have a chat with Mr Musto who with the team make the best chips.
There’s also The Handpost which is just at the top of the hill and just perfect for the Sunday roast. While we have mentioned the Handpost, this spot has everything you need from your groceries to your daily news and if you are a little too busy there’s plenty of takeaways including our favourite; the Handpost Tandoori. If you have canine friends, they will love it too as not only are there fabulous walks around, but they can always look like the top dog by having a trim at Cloud 9.
Within 10 minutes you have walked to the station and be on train into Cardiff, Bristol or London. If the car is more your mode then the M4 is just 2 mins away where you can be in London in just 2 hours.
- Stores: There's some quirky cafés, bars and restaurants, artisan bakeries and independent stores.
- Pubs: Ridgeway. Hats off to Mr Musto who’s done a cracking job on turning this place to be the place to be.
- Walks: Jews Woods or The Ridgeway is a lovely spot for a dog walk.
- Kitchen: Amtico floor. Newly updated. Neff gas hob, double oven and microwave. Plumbing for washing machine, fitted cupboards, wall & base units, pull out full height larder unit and draws. Space saving retractable table. Space for fridge freezer. Walk in cupboard including marble shelf.
- Living Spaces: Carpetted, light and bright dining room & separate living room.
- Bedrooms: 3 good size bedrooms.
- Bathroom: Karndean floor. Newly updated. White suite with pedestal wash hand basin, wc, panelled bath with curved shower area, Mira shower, storage cupboards, fully tiled walls and heated towel rail with timer control.
- Services: New combi boiler and radiators installed in 2009. Electrics completely required in 2009.
- Tenure: Leasehold. Owned by the Clewer Court Residents LTD which is 1/26th owned by the apartment.