Mr Clarke thinks :
All the work’s done and I’m a stroll away from the Ale Rooms, what’s not to like?
Damson Cottage is as pretty as it sounds. Sitting in the heart of Knowle with parking, a garage and a simply stunning garden equipped with a Scandi log cabin, we don’t think it’ll be long before this beauty is snapped up. From the moment you walk through the door, the character of this home embraces you. the lovely long hallway with its ornate archway, the beautiful Minton tiled floor and stripped pine doors. The hallway leads to the cosy sitting room which is filled with light from the triple bay sash windows. Its perfect for curling up with a good book by the Victorian style fireplace.
Carry on along the hallway and a door opens out onto the most inviting open plan kitchen, diner, garden room. The kitchen has plenty of shaker style cabinets and a central peninsular island with a neat space to tuck the bar stools away. There's an additional dining room for more formal eating, where you can all sit around the table with the warmth and the charm of the open fire.
The garden room is perfect for friends and family to relax on the sofa whilst the chef of the house knocks up dinner. There a fabulous roof lantern that floods the entire space with daylight, as well as French doors that provide a super view of the gorgeous manicured garden. An electric log burning effect stove sits in a mellow brick fireplace adding additional charm to this lovely space.
Mrs Clarke loves :
A scandi log cabin with fairy lights and room for a wine fridge....
Every inch of this home has been well thought out with storage cupboards everywhere and a downstairs WC at the back of the house, handy for washing mucky little hands before lunch.Upstairs there are two floors. Head to the top and you'll find a lovely private bedroom with its own en suite.
There are two further bedrooms on the first floor. The master bedroom is very large with two beautiful sash windows, plenty of room for a king or queen size bed, bedside tables, drawers and there's a spacious storage cupboard with lots of hanging space.Bedroom two has a large sash window, room for a king size bed and another built in storage cupboard.The bathroom is super sized with a large shower, separate bath and louvered door storage. We know where to stack the linen in this house.
- Style : Modern living with all the charm you’d expect from a Victorian Cottage.
- Three words : Stunning. Period. Home.
Our favourite part
The open fire crackles in the winter and the French doors are flung open in the summer. It's such a fabulous sociable space with lovely views of the garden.
A modern town with charm
Knowle is a charming town steeped in history and full of busy modern life. There are a whole host of uber cool bars, cafes, restaurants and shops and just about all the amenities you could wish for. Not to mention the tip top and seriously sort after schools, both private and state options.
There is plenty to keep kids entertained from scouts and guides, drama and tennis clubs, cricket, golf and football teams and every activity in between. The yummy mummies love coffee (or maybe the gin) at Oktagon and the friendly vibe and stunning goods at The Bread Collection. The chaps now have The Ale Rooms, a new craft beer hangout for the discerning drinker. Knowle is no longer just a High Street...
There are some lovely canal-side walks to help you blow out the cobwebs after work or if you just fancy a long Sunday ramble. Mrs Clarke loves the fact that she can brunch with friends in one of the lovely cafes before they set off for a brisk walk to burn off the calories.
Car, Bus and Rail Transport connections are excellent. Knowle is just minutes away from the
Midlands Motorway Network with the M42 having links to the M1, M5, M6 and the M40, 1.5 miles from Dorridge Train Station and 6 miles from Birmingham Airport. Solihull is a mere 10 minute drive for retail therapy heaven.
A bustling High Street, a cracking Artisan Boulangerie, a super cool Gin Bar and National Trust walks on your doorstep. What more could you ask for?
- Closest village/town: Dorridge and Lapworth
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: The Bread Collection for Artisan bread, fine pastries and fabulous filter coffee
- Supermarket: Tesco Metro and just 3.5 miles from Waitrose, Solihull darling
- Pubs: Oktogon, Ale Rooms and The Vault
- Walks: National Houses: Baddesley Clinton or Packwood House are both a great stroll from Knowle or if you fancy a canalside walk, there’s Knowle Locks just an 11 minute walk from the High Street.
- Reception Hallway -- UPVC double glazed front door, internal timber framed door, original feature archway, Victorian Minton tiled floor, secure solid wood door to garage, stripped pine door leading to sitting room, radiator, stairs to first floor, stripped pine door leading to kitchen, diner, garden room.
- Sitting room (13' 1" x 10' 1") -- Triple bay sash windows with made to measure roman blinds, Victorian style fireplace with polished cast iron inset, tiled ceramics and hearth, Living Flame gas fire. Floating display shelving to both alcoves, oak floor, old school style radiator, TV point, multiple electrical sockets.
- Dining room (13' 10" x 11' 5") -- Victorian style fireplace with polished cast iron inset, tiled ceramics and hearth and open grate. Stripped pine door to understairs storage cupboard, oak floor, old school style radiator, multiple electrical sockets.
- Open plan kitchen and garden room (12' 4" x 19' 8" max / 16' 7" min) -- Victorian style roof lantern, French doors opening onto garden, brick alcove with oak mantle, electric log burning style stove and display shelving above, oak floor continued from open dining room, old school style radiator, multiple electrical sockets. The kitchen is open plan to the garden room with slate effect Karndean floor and a range of country cream kitchen units with timber edged tiled work surfaces, part glazed eye level units, a central peninsular island with Franke stainless steel sink, drainer and mixer tap. Built-in cupboards and drawers below, breakfast bar with space for under storage stools. Bosch dishwasher, AEG four ring ceramic hob with built-in stainless steel AEG oven, filter extractor. TV point, multiple electrical sockets, spotlights to ceiling and a walkway through to rear lobby.
- Rear lobby and WC -- UPVC double glazed door to rear garden and access to the WC, slate effect Karndean flooring, radiator. WC – WC, wall mounted corner hand basin with tiled splashback and mixer tap, heated towel rail, double glazed window, slate effect Karndean flooring.
- Bedroom One (13' 10" x 10' 11") -- Dual sash windows to the front of the property, chimney breast, built-in cupboard over stairs, radiator, multiple electrical sockets, neutral carpet.
- Bedroom Two (10' 9" x 8' 1") -- Window, built-in cupboard under stairs, radiator, multiple electrical sockets, neutral carpet.
- Family Bathroom (12' 4" x 6' 11") -- Large tiled shower cubicle with curved glazed shower door, electric shower, large built in bath with mixer tap, wall hung shelf with oval hand basin and mixer tap, mirrored cosmetic cupboard, WC, chrome ladder towel rail, UPVC double glazed window, spotlights and heat lamp to ceiling, double louvered doors to storage cupboard with space and plumbing for washing machine and space for tumble dryer, ceramic tiled floor.
- Bedroom three (9' 2" purlin to purlin x 13' 10" max with restricted head height -- wooden handrail and balustrade to the staircase, small window to side, large Velux skylight, large built-in storage cupboard, two radiators and stripped pine door to ensuite.
- Ensuite -- Modern white suite, tiled shower cubicle with glazed folding door and electric shower, macerator WC, wall hung hand basin, cosmetic mirror, chrome ladder towel rail, ceramic floor tiles, Velux skylight.
- Garage (22' 0" x 10' 0") -- Up and over door, laundry/utility area to the rear corner, wall mounted Worcester gas central heating boiler, work surfaces with built-in cupboards, space for washing machine and tumble dryer, stainless steel sink, bowl and drainer unit, door to the rear garden, door to the reception hallway.
- Garden -- Large cottage style garden with two patio areas, one leading from the French doors with lighting and a cold water tap. The other, beyond the log cabin at the bottom of the garden,, lighting to garden boarder, space and workings for a hot tub.
- Log Cabin 21' 5" x 11' 2" (6.55m x 3.41m) (max internal overall measurements) -- roof and floor insulation, French doors to front decked patio area and to rear, windows to side, lighting and power.
- Services -- Mains Water, Electricity and Gas. Tenure -- Freehold. Broadband -- Superfast broadband available (speed up to approximately 76 Mbps).
- Local Authority -- Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council. Council Tax Band C. Postcode -- B93 0HF