Mr Clarke says :
Garage, study, large living room and close to the rail station. Perfect
Dorsington Close is a large, four double bedroom house in Hatton Park. The interior has been modernised to a high specification and stylishly decorated throughout. Set over three floors this home offers two reception rooms, four bedrooms, one with en-suite bathroom, a garage, large kitchen/diner, conservatory, family bathroom and parking for three cars. The garden has been recently landscaped and offers a dining and a lounging area as well as plenty of space. At the bottom of the garden there is access to a communal park where the dogs can run and the children can play. This is a fabulous home in a wonderful location. The property is being sold with no upward chain.
On the ground floor you find a stunning, modern kitchen, fit for a TV cookery show. The chic granite surfaces, fitted units, integral dishwasher and endless storage make this an ideal kitchen for a busy cook and for entertaining. The French doors lead out to the beautiful conservatory with views to the landscaped, south-facing garden. There is also a study on the ground floor and a garage, which is currently used as storage and a utility space.
On the first floor you find a large, light living room with pleasant views. We love that you can sit in here with the fire on and feel a world away from the stresses of the day or you can fling open the balcony doors and let the sound of birds flood the room in summer. The room has space for sofas and lots of people. The master bedroom with ensuite bathroom is more like a five star hotel than a normal sleeping space.
The second floor is serenely quiet and perfect for bedrooms. There are three double rooms and a gorgeous bathroom. The top floor is perfect as either a guest floor or somewhere for the kids to have privacy.
Visit Mr & Mrs Clarke website for further details.
Mrs Clarke says :
The kitchen is wonderful. There is lots of space for the busy, sociable cook. This is a great family home in a quiet location
The garden has been cleverly landscaped to provide different areas for different times. It is a space that extends the home by providing a sitting area, a dining area and intimate spaces to garden or just relax. The garden has been designed so it is private and barely overlooked. The south facing aspect allows all day, year round use and the low maintenance style provides a treat for the visual and olfactory senses. In spring the rhododendron, camellia, cherry blossom and wisteria come into bloom and then the hydrangeas, peonies, roses, clematis and honeysuckle come into play. Bamboo and bay trees provide year round cover. At the back of the garden there is a gate that leads to communal land for playing.
The home has a lovely feel to it. It might be the quiet setting, the calm decor or the high end installations. The conservatoryis a great example of how no expense has been spared to create a great home. It is Amdega with amtico flooring and when you are relaxing in here you understand and appreciate the quality of the extension.
The neighbours are all lovely and they form a small management company who maintain Dorsington Close. The location of the home within Hatton Park is one of the best because it is quiet, close to the communal land and it is high up to appreciate the stunning country views.
- Highlights : A large home with lots of space. The conservatory looking out to the south facing garden is great
- Style : A smart four double bedroom house with three parking spaces and garage
- No upward chain:
Our favourite part
The garden. It is like having an extra room because we would always be out here.
Countryside but close to town
Mr and Mrs Clarke both like Hatton for different reasons. Mr C. likes that he can be on the train at Warwick Parkway in under five minutes or he can be whizzing off on the M40 in less. He likes the cracking pubs, the Hatton Locks Cafe for his Saturday morning full english and he likes being in the countryside but close to Warwick and Leamington. Mrs C. loves the sense of community and how close she is to Warwick for her daily flat white.
There is a great choice of schools, from highly regarded local primaries to top class independent schools in Warwick & Solihull.
We caught up with one of the Range Rover, Barbour wearing local yummy mummies to hear why she loves Hatton so much.
"I can drop the kids off at school in Warwick then head to The Warwickshire Country Club in Leek Wooton, which is the best gym I've ever been a member of. There is a creche, pool, spa and spin studio, and a golf club. I can then drive back through Kenilworth to pick up groceries at Waitrose and be back in Hatton in 15 minutes. It's a great place to live. At weekends we adore The Hatton Arms or having everyone around at ours for supper."
There are several National Trust properties close by; Baddesley Clinton and Packwood House. Mrs Clarke loves the kitchen garden at Packwood and the cafe at Baddesley. Wroxall Abbey is the 12th Century country seat of Sir Christopher Wren, which is now a luxury hotel. The Abbey provides the perfect backdrop for walks around Hay Wood.
"A hybrid of a village"
- Closest village/town: Warwick, Kenilworth and many others
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: The Village Shop in Hatton Park is handy
- Supermarket: Waitrose in Kenilworth or Sainsburys in Warwick
- Pubs: The Hatton Arms does great food and a good pint. The Falcon is a cracker too.
- Walks: Endless walks along the canal
- Total area -- 1743.7 sq feet (162.0 sq meters)
- Large kitchen with access to spacious, Amdega design conservatory
- Light and large sitting room on first floor. Study/ playroom on ground floor.
- Four large double bedrooms, one with en-suite shower room plus, downstairs WC and a big family bathroom.
- There is plenty of space, both inside and outside for the whole family. Lots of storage.
- Kitchen. 18' 9" x 11' 11" (3.64m x 5.71m) fitted with granite work surfaces, a range of base units and wall cupboards, Leisure Range cooker with 5-ring gas hob and griddle with glass splashback, Bosch cooker hood, built under Bosch dishwasher, glazed two double door larder cupboards with drawers under, slate tiled floor, glass breakfast bar, wall mounted gas central heating boiler, television point, double glazed sash windows into conservatory. Conservatory. 14’ x 10'2" (3.10m x 4.27m) Amdega design with Amtico flooring, radiator, double glazed windows and ceiling and double opening doors to the rear garden.
- Study. 9’ x 6' 5" ( 2.74m x 1.97m ) with wood flooring, double glazed front sash window with blind, radiator, two telephone points and internet point.
- Lounge. 18' 9" x 12' 7" ( 5.71m x 3.83m ) Gas effect fire with stone hearth and surround, wood flooring, television point, Sky cabling, telephone point, twin double glazed french doors opening to Juliette balconies, further double glazed window with blind, two radiators.
- Bedroom One with ensuite, high end Laufen bathroom — 18' 9" x 9' 7" with twin double glazed sash windows to rear, twin radiators, television point, telephone point, laminate flooring. En-suite - Laufen shower room with matching floor and ceiling tiling. Glass wash hand basin set on vanity unit with mixer tap, wall hung low level w.c. with concealed cistern, corner shower cubicle with power shower and glass screen, chrome heated towel rail, extractor fan.
- Bedroom Two. 18' 9" x 9' 7" with twin dormer style double glazed sash windows to rear, two double panel radiators, television point, laminate flooring and recently installed wardrobes. Bedroom Three — 9' 1" x 11' 6" (2.77m x 3.49m) with laminate flooring, double glazed dormer window to front with blind, radiator.
- Bedroom Four. 12' 7" x 6' 11" ( 3.83m x 2.12m) with radiator, dormer style double glazed sash window to front, laminate flooring, television point.
- Bathroom. Laufen bathroom with matching floor and ceiling tiling. Large bath with centrally located mixer tap, white wash hand basin set on vanity unit with mixer tap, wall hung low level w.c. with concealed cistern, corner shower cubicle with shower over and glass screen, chrome heated towel rail, extractor fan.
- Garage. 16'6" x 7'6" (5.02m x 2.28m) with up-and-over door, plumbing for washing machine, outdoor tap.
- Alarm system, Fibre optic broadband and excellent mobile reception. Three parking spaces. All new external double glazed windows and doors (including the front door and 2 x balconies). Cavities have been insulated and loft has additional insulation.
- Service charge c.£300-£350 pa. Freehold. EPC D