Mr Clarke thinks :
Throwing those doors open and watching the world outside is bliss.
Majestically overlooking Chepstow Road and surrounding greenery, this two-bedroom home is spacious and calm. Being 5 minutes away from the happening city there’s no surprise that this apartment gives off modern vibes. This is a welcoming home from the moment you enter. The communal areas are perfectly kept, including the garden which is maintained regularly by gardeners. Head up the staircase to the top floor where you'll find the apartment, all ready to move into.
The door opens into the hall with space to dump your bag and pop your coat too. The heart of this fabulous home is undoubtedly the cool open plan living space. There’s plenty of space for a dining table and chairs where you can sit and chat with family and friends with a lovely view onto the woodlands of Llanwern. Light floods into the room which is framed by beautifully large glass juliet balcony doors. We can’t help but think of all the movies nights we’ll have whilst watching the night sky from the comfort of the sofa, and with help from the strategically placed spotlights, this open plan design becomes even more attractive. Into the newly fitted kitchen, the cabinetry sets the modern country vibe and is fitting for the location. This room is perfectly equipped to knock up a Master Chef inspired dinner for one or two or ideal for re-heating some pizza on a Sunday morning.
Mrs Clarke loves :
I can move straight in and I’m a stroll away from town. What’s not to love about it?
Along the corridor you come across the spacious main bedroom with plenty of space for king size bed and plenty of wardrobe and drawer storage, and newly fitted carpets (which can be spotted throughout). After a hard day in work, the en suite will feel like a sanctuary. Next is the second bedroom which is well proportioned, and has similar great views to the living room. The bathroom is a great place for a pampering session; choose either the surrounding curved bath or the overhead electric shower.
So what else do you need to know? There is space. There is style. You are also very well connected here; in two minutes you're on the motorway and in even less time you're in the park. Creating a happy work-life balance will be great here.
- Setting : Being on the door step of the Celtic Manor resort is a joy.
- Three words : Location. Location. Location.
Our favourite part
The abundance of natural light, especially in that sociable living room.
A collection of greenery in Newport
The apartment is in a great spot for accessing everything that the city has to offer. It's only a few miles out from the city centre but it's vide is different. Beechwood Park is right on your doorstep so you can look forward to weekend strolls in crunchy-leaf Autumn through to summery picnic days. If you want to indulge, head to the 5 star luxury Celtic Manor (which is a five-minute drive away up Christchurch) to top up on your golf skills, or pamper yourself with a facial and relax in the jacuzzi. Up over the hill and down again is Caerleon and you also have a plethora of shops at Spytty. If its more local you’re after Maindee isn’t to far. Kitting out your new home will be easy if you go and speak to Paul in Beechwood Beds, and if it's a candle you’re after then he has plenty of these too. If your taste in furniture is somewhat more vintage, the Umbrella Project has loads of pieces ready painted in Annie Sloan’s Paris Grey. It's worth making a morning of treasure hunting here to be honest!
Newport's cafe stalwart the Wayfarers is perhaps a little closer. You get to know the cafe owners here, and everyone is super friendly, so you will feel welcomed for sure. If a merlot is more your thing then the Man of Gwent couldn’t be any closer. The obvious advantage of living here is the connections to everywhere. There’s plenty of great transport links throughout the city so when a summer shopping spree is needed and you don't need the headache of finding somewhere to park. If you're heading further afield, you can be on the M4 within a few minutes, or head northeast from there and the countryside awaits at Wentwood Forest - wonderful!
Friendly vibes & great food
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Lots of unique gems.
- Supermarket: There's local delis & butchers - what a treat!
- Walks: So many parks nearby (and a golf course!)
- Parking: Allocated parking space.
- Living Space: Bright and airy feeling. French doors open onto juliet balcony. Modern fitted kitchen, with newly fitted integrated Neff dishwasher, washing machine, built in electric oven and hob. Strategically placed spotlights add to the attractive open plan design.
- Garden: Communal garden managed and maintained to a high standard.
- Fixtures: All newly fitted carpets, blinds and curtains are included in what can only be described as a fantastic opportunity for any first time buyers.
- Bedrooms: One main bedroom with en suite, and further bedroom which can be used as a study.
- Bathroom: Modern attractive main bathroom with bronze wall tiling, surrounding curved bath which has an overhead electric shower. Vanity unit and mirror put finishing touches to the aesthetically pleasing bathroom.
- Local Authority: Newport BC.
- Tenure: Leasehold, ground rent payable of £150 a year.