Mr Clarke is impressed with :
A cellar for your wine collection
Past the stairs is that kitchen, that beautiful kitchen. While the rest of the downstairs has a traditional charm, the kitchen is more industrial chic. The mix of smooth plaster, whitewashed brick walls and marble worktops is stunning. Mrs Clarke adores the dining part of the kitchen that is framed by a glass wall that looks out to the long garden and the oak framed summer house at the bottom.
Mrs Clarke loves :
Marble worktops, electric Aga and exposed brick walls
A second staircase leads up to the top floor where there is a bright office, another bedroom, a large bathroom and then the cinema room big enough for a crowd of movie enthusiasts.
- Family Factor : Big garden and a summer house
- X Factor : Beautifully renovated and decorated
- Xtra Factor : Electric gates will make you feel like a pop star (if you actually aren't one)
Our favourite part
We love the large living room. When both fires are roaring and all of our family and friends are over, it is a magical place for a party. In the summer we have the doors open and the children and dog run in and out all day long.
The boutiques and great pubs prove Warwick is more than historic.
Historic Warwick is not just about the Castle and olde world charm. Warwick has a buzzing town centre, great cafes, pubs, restaurants and shops. There is countryside on your doorstep as well as Leamington down the road and amazing transport links.
When you snap up your new home your first port of call should be the utterly fabulous Hatton & Harding where the even more utterly fabulous team will style and kit out your pad. This beautiful homewares shop is so luxurious that you just want to lay on the floor and soak up every last drop of the style that is dripping from each shelf.
On the way home, loaded with scented candles, rugs and pretty little things you will be in need of a drink and a bite to eat. Dough & Brew is where we would stop. This trendy pizza place was conceived from the street food scene and now has a space without wheels in the heart of the town. We love the stripped back interior, cool staff and friendly vibe. Mr C is partial to a pint of local Church Farm IPA and the pizza with Mac n Cheese on! You heard right - Mac n Cheese pizza. mmmm.
There are so many other little stylish treats around town that you will enjoy discovering. Mrs Clarke loves the guys at Nash & White hairdressers, she can often be found drinking prosecco at The Rose & Crown, meeting the girls for coffee at Thirteen Bakers or practicing her yoga Bikram Warwickshire.
So Warwick has history, boutique shops, trendy restaurants and a posh hairdresser but what about the nitty gritty? Schools, transport and work? "Boring!" I hear you cry, but we must provide some serious stuff on these pages.
Schools - blinkin' brilliant. Warwick Prep is the friendliest school we have ever been too. The Headmistress is an old school, no nonsense lady with a charm that kids and parents can't get enough of. It also churns out cracking students with a mind full of knowledge and a thirst for life. Kings High, Warwick, Myton and lots of great primary schools.
You are probably better connected than anywhere in the UK. Birmingham International Airport is 30 mins away, Warwick station can whizz you into London or Birmingham and the M40 is close by.
Employment is buzzing with JLR, Warwick University, the games industry in Leamington and lots of start-ups and big corporations.
"Shopping, cafes, bars, restaurants and a lovely vibe. Oh, and a very big castle."
- Closest village/town: Walk along the Grand Union Canal to Hatton or you are a short drive into the Cotswolds
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Hatton & Harding is our favourite interiors shop ever
- Supermarket: Sainsburys, Aldi and Lidl
- Pubs: The Rose & Crown is a peachy pub
- Walks: Dogs love the Racecourse
- Refurbished in 2014. All certification for planning permissions and building regulations is available
- Internal area 4329 sq ft/ 402.1 sq m
- 50ft south facing garden with single story oak framed summer house 26'2ft/8m x 32'81ft/10m
- 36ft/11.13m x 15ft/4.70m living room with two original 1open fireplaces
- Kitchen/ Breakfast room 31'6ft/9.60m x 15'5ft/4.70m plus utility room
- Brand New Electric Aga, Miele fridge freezer, Miele washing machine and dryer
- Master bedroom 14'17ft/4.32m x 19'68ft/6m with ensuite bathroom
- 5 further bedrooms (1 currently used as an office, 1 used as a cinema room)
- 1 shower room & 1 bathroom both C.P.Hart designed
- Double garage with electric doors. Electricity, shelving and door to rear garden.
- Newly installed Worcester Bosch combi boiler with safety certificates
- Fully rewired. Electrical safety certificate supplied
- EPC rating C