Mr Clarke thinks :
Grange Hall is like stepping into the pages of Living Etc magazine.
This impressive four bedroom home sits on the outskirts of the charming village of Tanworth-in-Arden. Set in the heart of stunning Warwickshire countryside Grange Hall is a beautiful property with space for a family who appreciate attention to detail, stylish rooms flooded with natural light and privacy.
The house is reached via a quiet, non-through country lane out of Tanworth-in-Arden. The electric gates open to the considerable plot, which incorporates a gravel drive, double garage and a 0.22 acre garden bordering farmland with far reaching views, creating a peaceful and picturesque setting into which the building sits comfortably.
Limestone tiled flooring, grey window frames and subtle hues form the primary palette to complete the spacious and light filled ground floor. The French doors in each room frame the uninterrupted country views and open out to patio areas and garden beyond. With double glazing, underfloor heating and individual, programmable climate controlled rooms the temperatures are perfect throughout the year. There is a fully wired speaker system throughout the house and pre-wired satellite TV points in every room creating a modern environment for a tech-savvy family. The ground floor is entered through a spacious porch, where coats can be hung and shoes abandoned. The stunning dining room is the central hub from which the home opens to the garden, looks up to the first floor balcony and leads to the other downstairs rooms. The living room, accessed through a set of internal glass doors, is a wonderful space with a grand fireplace, several windows to each aspect and flexible space to create either a formal sitting room or a relaxing lounge. The spectacular open-plan kitchen/living/dining room is the beating heart of Grange Hall. A bespoke Loxley kitchen with central island and marble worktops form the cooking area. The wood burning stove in the corner of room creates a warm focal point to the dining area where there is space for a kitchen table and sofas looking out of the French doors into the garden and beyond. Grange Hall provides everything the discerning family could ever want. The setting is stunning.
Mrs Clarke likes :
The quality of the house is exceptional.
You are nestled in the heart of the countryside but close to Tanworth-in-Arden as well as great transport links and urban hubs. There is amazing countryside, brilliant people, walks in every direction, a cricket club at the end of the bridleway and one of Englands prettiest villages a two minute drive away. The school is Outstanding, the community is welcoming and friendly, the local garage is a mecca for car enthusiasts and the legends of Mike Hailwood and Nick Drake still live large in the the village. The M42 is just 5 minutes away, Stratford 12 miles, Solihull 12 miles and Birmingham just a little further, the airport is a 20 minute drive.
If you imagine the rural dream, this is it. The garden is totally private and the magnificent views can be enjoyed from every window. There is no need to ever close the curtains and the only disturbances you encounter are the sounds of tweeting birds. The gardens provide year round interest, whether watching the rain climb the hills in the distance, the frost settle on the fields or the sun trap in the South East corner, the garden has it covered.
The current owners have lovingly renovated the home, creating a stylish interior and beautiful garden. Its the little things that make the differences. From the recently installed bore hole and filtration system that produces the best tasting water we have ever known, to each room having its own climate control system, to the mobile phone controlled electric gates, Grange Hall is a very modern house.
- Three words : Stylish. Modern. Home.
Our favourite part
The setting is a perfect sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of the modern world.
Tanworth in Arden
Unspoilt Village Life
Fancy living in a picturesque and friendly village where neighbours stop to chat, children play and there is always something happening on your doorstep? We all dream of being able to go to the local pub and being greeted by the friendly landlady who pours your drink before you say "make mine a...". Church bells, birds tweeting, village fetes and Christmas carols around the village tree. This may sound like the how the Americans see English life, but it exists.
Welcome to Tanworth in Arden.
I couldn't resist popping into The Bell and asking one of the lovely villagers what life was like here, "It is so, so friendly a completely unspoilt village, the only one in Warwickshire not on an A road so I’m told. The school is amazing (Ofsted outstanding). The church is really pretty and a lovely place for quiet reflection. It is so very quiet and tranquil you can sit and hear nothing but the birds singing in the pub garden, pure bliss. In the summer we often have street parties to celebrate significant events and in the winter there are carols on the green with hot soup, perfect to get you in the Christmas spirit." All sounds wonderful apart from I prefer a slug of mulled wine when belting out a carol.
Cracking Pub, Outstanding School and Lovely People
- Closest village/town: Tanworth in Arden
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Village shop
- Supermarket: It's all about the local farm shop darling!
- Pubs: The Bell
- Walks: Endless country walks
- Bespoke Loxley designed kitchen with marble worktops, central island, log burner and French doors
- Walled garden with patio areas leading to lawn, with stunning, uninterrupted views
- Double garage with electric doors and planning application to convert the top of the garage into a self contained room including external oak staircase and roof lights
- Sitting room with two sets of French doors, open fire place and book shelves
- Dining room overlooked by first floor balcony
- Limestone floors throughout ground floor
- Entrance porch, utility room, WC and lots of storage
- Four bedrooms, two with ensuite bathrooms, and a family bathroom
- Double glazing throughout
- Electric gates, 2016 updated keypad fitted with mobile phone connectivity… answer and open the gates wherever you are
- Oil fired underfloor heating to every room with individual climate controlled valves and zones. Each room has its own electronic, fully programmable thermostat to get the temperature perfect whatever the aspect. Separate ground and first floor underfloor valve systems for maximum efficiency
- Fully wired speaker system throughout the house, just hook up an amplifier and experience music in every room, complete with wall mounted volume & source selection controls to kitchen, dining room, living room, landing and bedroom
- Professional filtration system to provide fantastic tasting water
- TV and telephone points to every room with pre wired satellite TV connection to each room from a central box (subject to subscription)
- Services - Oil fired heating and hot water. Mains electricity. Liquid gas for Range cooker. Klargester unit. Bore hole self sufficient water supply installed in 2014 BT Broadband