Mr Clarke thinks :
The centrepiece of the home is the triple-aspect open plan kitchen, dining and living room.
Green Acre Barn is a modern masterpiece. Whether you’re a design lover, countryside dreamer or someone who simply enjoys the finer things in life then you will understand why Green Acre Barn is special. Aside from boasting 5 bedrooms and an incredible living space, this home also comes with the opportunity to procure 9 of the surrounding acres (available under separate covenant, but purchased from the same family). Anyone an equestrian enthusiast in the family? Or a classic car collector and needs some more space? Not that you’d need it as the long private drive, situated behind an automated gate, provides parking for a number of vehicles.
It’s no surprise that Green Acre Barn was granted planning permission in 2017 as the proposal achieved the required standard as a unique and exemplar piece of architecture. It’s both beautiful and effortless. The building was finished in 2019 with a mixture of anthracite grey steel cladding and glass, enabling windows to radiate light at every conceivable opportunity. The result is a space which is also flooded with design features, whilst also being an easy and comfortable family home.
One of the hard-to-find benefits is that you can watch the sun rise from the master bedroom and watch the sunset whilst getting comfy on the sofa. The double height space gives a feeling of volume and freedom, which you truly have in this location too. The open plan layout has been fitted with stylish porcelain tiles with underfloor heating throughout the ground floor, as well as a contemporary tunnel fireplace, (which you can light without having to leave the couch), for cosy nights in. The large sliding doors flow through to the outdoor patio which makes it the perfect place to socialise on a warm evening.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The uniqueness of this home. I can’t wait to have my friends over and stay!
Back inside, the bespoke Galerie Design kitchen awaits. The fully fitted smart kitchen is finished to a high standard, featuring a large island and breakfast bar which is great for finishing off emails whilst making a start on the dinner or having a casual meal. The dining area provides a more intimate dinner setting, which is complemented by the smart spot and pendant lighting and built-in speakers. You can set the scene for any occasion. The integrated home technology is simple to use. We can’t imagine life without it!
Located conveniently next to the kitchen is a modern utility room, complete with integrated washing machine, tumble dryer and spare freezer, dual space for hanging and drying clothes, sink with extendable tap and plenty of additional storage. The gym has hard flooring, built-in speakers and plenty of plug sockets for equipment.
Climb the bespoke solid oak staircase, which is both shallow and wide, which we appreciate after hosting a party… and you’ll come to one of our favourite views. From the stylish mezzanine you can overlook the happenings downstairs.
Down the cavernous landing you are greeted with the luxurious Master Suite. Whilst being light and airy, it also becomes your sanctuary. Overlooking the rear garden and surrounding countryside, you don’t ever have to leave on a Sunday. The built-in dressing room is a dream, as well as the his and hers en-suite. It replicates a spa more than anything; choose what music you want to listen to through the built-in speakers and choose either a large bath or a waterfall shower, and relax.
The other bedrooms are all large and comfortably accommodate king-sized beds. These can be for guests who can’t get enough of the setting, or children who are after their own haven. There won’t be any arguments over who gets which room as they are all so lovely!
- Three words : Architecturally. Clever. Home.
Our favourite part
The beauty of the setting.
Quiet idyll of rural bliss
Country lanes and pretty houses are what you’ll come across in this small rural village. It’s surprising you’re within easy reach of the M40 and close to the market towns of Southam and Leamington Spa. There’s plenty of surrounding countryside (and wildlife) to explore on foot or by bike, and plenty of local pubs to treat yourself at afterwards.
The quaint village offers a post office, a local shop, parish church, village hall where we all love to throw kids parties, social club, public house and even a football club you can get stuck into.
For sports lover there are a few nearby golf courses including; Staverton, Leamington & County, The Warwickshire and the Belfry. Silverstone is also easily accessible for any motor enthusiasts.
After dropping the kiddies off at one of the many state or grammar schools, pop over to Leamington Spa, Rugby or Banbury station and you can be in London or Birmingham in no time. Birmingham International Airport is only 23 miles away too, which you can also hop on a train to visit.
Generous homes & wonderful people
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: All the specialist shops you may need are in the surrounding town. Easy peasy!
- Supermarket: A big Tesco is all you ever need.
- Pubs: The Bowling Green is a lovely spot for a shandy and some lunch.
- Walks: You are spoilt for choice here. Really.
- Design Features: Anthracite cladding, Galerie Design kitchen, mezzanine landing and gallery, double height entrance hallway and living area, integrated sound system.
- Smart Technology: Personalised comfort settings that can be activated on a schedule with just a few taps on your phone or touch screen.
- Safety Features: Enhanced protection, being able to check CCTV cameras, receive alerts when someone enters the house, set lights to automatically come on at dusk so you’ll never have to approach a dark house. Intercom system from main gate, so you always see who’s at the main entrance and speak to them from wherever you are.
- Living Spaces: Triple glazed Internorm timber aluminium windows throughout the house, which are all tilt and turn. Downstairs the windows are also multi-purpose tilt and turn so can be used as windows and / or doors (opening only from inside). Triple glazing enhances thermal comfort levels/ acoustic performance and noise reduction and reduced risk of condensation. Timber aluminium front door as well.
- Kitchen Details: Floor to ceiling larder units/ fridge / freezer/ double NEFF oven and Avintage dual-wine fridge. Kitchen hot tap, integrated touch NEFF dishwasher and integrated bin draw for the keen recycler. BORA induction hob. Underfloor heating.
- Heating: Dru metro tunnel fire which is a two sided gas fireplace which makes an impressive spectacle. It can be controlled via remote or smart phone. Underfloor heating throughout the ground floor.