Mr Clarke thinks :
The annexe is perfect for the in-laws at the weekend and my office Monday to Friday.
The internal living space has sensitively renovated, coupling modern details with original architectural features. A recently landscaped courtyard and a stunning cottage garden surrounds the house, with off-street parking for several vehicles. The village is renowned for it's cracking pub and friendly community - we really think this is the perfect home for those of you seeking space, style and fresh air. The house is approached via a quiet country lane and set back from the road.
Tall, wavering trees and pretty cottage plants provide a charming introduction to the entrance. The downstairs space is divided into a vast open plan kitchen/dining room, formal living room, spacious family room, practical utility room, boot room and cloak room. The family room is a wonderful space that open up to the garden via glazed doors, which is ideal for kids who want to be inside and out. The dining area is large enough for 10 people to gather around the table.
The stylish Shaker kitchen has lots of space for even the most ambitious home cook. The beautiful granite worktops, central island and modern appliances makes this a wonderful modern country kitchen.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The stunning interior and gorgeous garden.
Upstairs you find four bedrooms, one with en-suite and a family bathroom. The large main bedroom with field views to front is a wonderful space. There is an en-suite to rear, plenty of built-in storage. A large second bedroom has field views to front. Bedroom 3 is currently used as a Guest Room with pull-out Day Bed, field views to rear. Bed 4 can be used as office/storage.
The annexe is a game-changer for any new owner - you could set it up as a guest house, consulting studio, playroom or a whole range of uses. It is extra space to host family or work from. There is an open plan kitchen living room and a bedroom with shower room upstairs.
Outside there is a large wrap-around garden, with two courtyard areas - one off the family room, perfect for alfresco dining or a Sunday morning cup of tea. The second courtyard is separated by a low-level fence and accessed off the Utility Room and is perfect for an outdoor area for dogs. The views across open fields is peaceful and so satisfying.
- Three words : Modern. Countryside. Living.
Our favourite part
The country vibes.
Great pub and great community
If it is village life that you want but you also need to be close to an urban hub to grab a flat white then Offchurch will suit you perfectly. The village is picture postcard stuff, it is like living in the movie The Holiday - you can play Jude Law or Kate Winslett. The homes are all gorgeous, the locals are friendly and all like like extras from The Holiday! There is lots of Barbour, every other car is a Land Rover and you are always greeted with a warm smile when out walking the dog. This is village life.
But what about that flat white! Do not fear. Leamington is only three miles away and there are plenty of great cafes to get your caffeine fix.
The Stag is the local boozer. It is the perfect blend of local drinkers and visiting foodies. The bar staff are all charming and after a few weeks your "usual" will be waiting for you on that 7.30pm "oh I'm just popping out with the dog darling"!
You are connected to London via the train station in Leamington or the M40, Birmingham Airport is not far, neither is the M1. So we think you are pretty well served from transport links.
Local schools, both private and state, are great, there are lots of clubs for kids to join locally and sports team for all ages to join.
A village with personality and charm
- Stores: Leamington is a shoppers paradise.
- Supermarket: All the biggies are close, bit everyone gets deliveries around here.
- Pubs: The Stag is the dream.
- Walks: Endless countryside walks along the canal
- 4 bedrooms in main house. 1 bedroom in annexe.
- 2 receptions in main house. 1 living room in annexe.
- 1 Bathroom, 1 En-suite, downstairs WC in main house. Shower room in annexe.
- Design features - Bespoke alcove units to Living Room (installed Jan 2020). Separate courtyard, perfect for Dogs. Annexe designed to be used as a consulting space (e.g physio/beauty/hair), a gym/workout space, a comfortable home office, or self-contained living which could be AirBnB
- Home tech - Nest Smoke/CO alarms - Kitchen/Hall/Landing. FTTC Broadband, with BT due to be bringing Fibre to the Premises imminently - currently more than sufficient to work from home.
- Kitchen & Utility - Large, traditional Shaker Kitchen with Granite Worktops. Addition of Wooden-topped Island Unit/Breakfast Bar. Rayburn and electric ovens. Integrated fridge and dishwasher. Utility off for Washer and Dryer, storage etc.
- Reception rooms - Large Dining Room, comfortably seats 8-10, directly off the Kitchen. Main Living Room, perfect for winters nights with log burner and recently installed bespoke alcove units. Recently decorated with Mulberry Wallpaper. 2nd Living Room/Playroom, off the Kitchen - ideal for keeping an eye on the kids with glazed door between. Light and bright, gets the evening sun through the double French doors, which also provide connection straight onto the Seating Courtyard / BBQ area.
- Stylish touches - Mulberry wallpaper in Lounge. Bespoke 'Indian Blue' paint matched from John Lewis wallpaper. Farrow & Ball 'Lamp Room Grey' to Kitchen/Dining Room.
- Gardens - Large wrap-around garden, with 2 courtyard areas - one off the 2nd Living Room, perfect for BBQ/Seating. 2nd courtyard seperated by low-level fence and accessed off the Utility is perfect for outdoor area for dogs. Also contains a large shed. Recently built wooden Climbing Frame/swings and trampoline, with plenty of space remaining. Feature tree to centre of garden. Low level fence to take full advantage of field views.
- general vibe - Peaceful, relaxing, rural village. Idyllic Country Pub known far and wide for their food. Friendly village with good community spirit, including providing Welcome Packs to all new residents. Lots of cyclists and walkers pass through the village every weekend, with great routes for both on your doorstep - including across the fields to Newbold Comyn and into Leamington in approx 50-60 minutes.
- Private sewerage
- Heating and hot water via oil Boiler (Rayburn), with full Central Heating throughout.