Mr Clarke thinks :
It is like a cottage but without the drafts and damp. It was built in 2003 so it is in perfect condition. Oh, and the pub is across the road! Where do I sign?
Honeysuckle Cottage, sits prettily in the heart of Claverdon village. The three bedroom detached house was built in 2003 and has all the mod cons of a new home but has all the charm of an old cottage. The perfect mix of old and new.
Standing on the gravel driveway Honeysuckle Cottage is a picture perfect village home. There is a neat symmetry to the facade and you just want to have a look inside. Once through the front door you are greeted with a warmth, which is created by the stone flooring and soft muted colour scheme. On the right is the door that leads to the huge, open plan kitchen/dining room. There is a lovely country cottage feel but the room proportions are much bigger than normal cottages and there is lots of light flooding the room. Off the kitchen is a Garden Room with views of the garden. Bifold doors have been added so when the weather is nice they can be flung open and dogs can roam freely in and out of the home. On the other side of the cottage is a large sitting room with a wood burning stove. The wooden floor and beams create a cosy atmosphere. This is a great room to shut the doors on and curl up with a book and enjoy the peace and quiet after a long day. There is also a big utility room and cloak room downstairs with a Belfast sink to wash your cashmere sweater or the cockapoo!
Mrs Clarke loves :
The sweet smell of honeysuckle around the door, the great village setting and a lovely home. Bliss.
The landing is flooded with light from the front and back windows and there is a great little window seat to sit and watch out for the mother in law arriving! The Master bedroom is quiet and calm with built in storage and a beautiful en-suite bathroom. The other two bedrooms are both doubles or could be used as childs bedroom or a study.
The back garden is split into a seating area, a lawn and a patio. It has been charmingly landscaped with railway sleepers and the beds have been fully stocked with evergreens, shrubs, flowers and, of course, honeysuckle.
- Three words : New. Country. Cottage.
Our favourite part
A pretty cottage in the heart of the village.
A pretty posh village
Claverdon sits in the heart of the beautiful Warwickshire countryside nine miles from Stratford upon-Avon and ten miles from Leamington Spa.
Claverdon is a tucked away in beautiful Warwickshire countryside but it's certainly not remote. In fact we think it is better connected than most places in England. You could be jetting off to warmer climes from Birmingham airport, which is only 25 minutes away, zipping along to London from Hatton or Warwick Parkway Station or zooming home along the M40 quicker than Mrs Clarke can say "supper's ready". Stratford upon-Avon is a short drive away, Leamington, Solihull and Birmingham are close to commute or go shopping in.
Shrewley is a close by hub of activity with a post office, deli counter and very friendly service. The vegetable samosas are exceptional.
A pleasant walk across a few fields (or a short drive) in any direction and you will find a pub. The Crab Mill is a real cracker for Sunday Lunch, the Fleur de Lys in Lowsonford is famous for it's pies and canal side location and the Durham Ox is just up the road. The Crown is in the village and we love it for its good ale and warm welcome.
If it's country living you are after then look no further than Claverdon. It is surrounded by equestrian activities, walking routes and there is a lovely community. Rugby fans and players have a good old fashioned, friendly club. Claverdon RFC has a thriving children's section and two mens teams on a Saturday. The Ardencote Health Club has tennis and squash courts, golf course, swimming pool, gym, spa, hairdressers and restaurant. There are lots of children's activities and Mrs Clarke learnt to swim in the pool many years ago!
The local residents are very proud of where they live "You know we were voted in the top 50 villages in the UK by the Telegraph?" Is often heard at dinner parties.
The heart of the Warwickshire countryside
- Closest village/town: Shrewley & Claverdon
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Shrewley Stores
- Supermarket: Waitrose in Kenilworth is twenty minutes away. Sainsburys in Warwick is a little closer.
- Pubs: Lots of them. The Crown for a great pint and The Crabmill for a bit of top tucker
- Walks: Endless country walks from your doorstep
- Ground floor -- Hall, utility room, cloakroom, open plan kitchen/diner, garden room & sitting room
- First floor -- Three bedrooms one with en-suite and a shower room
- Outside -- Gravel driveway and south facing garden with lawn, patio and flower beds
- Built in 2003 to a high standard. The property is in immaculate condition.
- The beamed sitting room has oak flooring and a brick inglenook fireplace, which houses a wood burning stove.
- The open plan kitchen has stone and oak flooring, Rangemaster cooker, Belfast sink and wall and floor units.
- The garden room has newly installed bifold doors, which open out to the pretty garden.
- The Master bedroom has built-in wardrobes and a large en-suite bathroom.
- The two other bedrooms have built in storage.
- Services -- Mains water, electricity and drainage. Oil fired central heating
- Local Authority -- Stratford upon Avon. Council Tax Band -- E
- EPC -- C