Enquire about this property
If you would like more information, or to arrange a viewing, then you can send us a message and we'll get back to you.
Standing on the gravel driveway Honeysuckle Cottage is a picture perfect village home. There is a neat symmetry to the facade and you just want to have a look inside. Once through the front door you are greeted with a warmth, which is created by the stone flooring and soft muted colour scheme. On the right is the door that leads to the huge, open plan kitchen/dining room. There is a lovely country cottage feel but the room proportions are much bigger than normal cottages and there is lots of light flooding the room. Off the kitchen is a Garden Room with views of the garden. Bifold doors have been added so when the weather is nice they can be flung open and dogs can roam freely in and out of the home. On the other side of the cottage is a large sitting room with a wood burning stove. The wooden floor and beams create a cosy atmosphere. This is a great room to shut the doors on and curl up with a book and enjoy the peace and quiet after a long day. There is also a big utility room and cloak room downstairs with a Belfast sink to wash your cashmere sweater or the cockapoo!
The landing is flooded with light from the front and back windows and there is a great little window seat to sit and watch out for the mother in law arriving! The Master bedroom is quiet and calm with built in storage and a beautiful en-suite bathroom. The other two bedrooms are both doubles or could be used as childs bedroom or a study.
The back garden is split into a seating area, a lawn and a patio. It has been charmingly landscaped with railway sleepers and the beds have been fully stocked with evergreens, shrubs, flowers and, of course, honeysuckle.
- Three words : New. Country. Cottage.
- Ground floor -- Hall, utility room, cloakroom, open plan kitchen/diner, garden room & sitting room
- First floor -- Three bedrooms one with en-suite and a shower room
- Outside -- Gravel driveway and south facing garden with lawn, patio and flower beds
- Built in 2003 to a high standard. The property is in immaculate condition.
- The beamed sitting room has oak flooring and a brick inglenook fireplace, which houses a wood burning stove.
- The open plan kitchen has stone and oak flooring, Rangemaster cooker, Belfast sink and wall and floor units.
- The garden room has newly installed bifold doors, which open out to the pretty garden.
- The Master bedroom has built-in wardrobes and a large en-suite bathroom.
- The two other bedrooms have built in storage.
- Services -- Mains water, electricity and drainage. Oil fired central heating
- Local Authority -- Stratford upon Avon. Council Tax Band -- E
- EPC -- C
A pretty posh village with walkable amenities
Claverdon sits in the heart of the beautiful Warwickshire countryside, just down the road from Warwick, and almost equidistant between Stratford upon-Avon and Royal Leamington Spa.
Although Claverdon is a tucked away in beautiful Warwickshire countryside, it’s certainly not remote. In fact, it’s exceedingly well connected. You could be jetting off to warmer climes from Birmingham International Airport, only 25 minutes away, zipping along to London from Hatton or Warwick Parkway Station or heading home along the M40 quicker than Mrs Clarke can say ‘supper’s ready’.
Shrewley is close by and a hub of activity with a post office, deli counter and very friendly service. A pleasant walk across a few fields (or a short drive) in any direction and you will find a pub. The Red Lion is a real cracker for Sunday lunch, the Fleur de Lys in Lowsonford is famous for its pies and canal side location and the Durham Ox is just up the road and we love The Crown for its good ale and warm welcome.
Shopaholics will adore Leamington Spa and Stratford for their variety of independent shops and retail parks, and you’ll find all the big names in Solihull, including John Lewis.
If it’s country living you are after then look no further. It is surrounded by equestrian activities, walking routes and there is a lovely community. Rugby fans and players have a good old fashioned, friendly club. Claverdon RFC has a thriving children’s section and two men’s teams on a Saturday. The Ardencote Health Club has tennis and squash courts, golf course, swimming pool, gym, spa, hairdressers and restaurant. There are lots of children’s activities and Mrs Clarke even learnt to swim in the pool many years ago!
Claverdon has its own primary school in the village and there are a range of secondary options nearby, including grammar and independent schools.
The local residents are very proud of where they live. “You know we were voted in the top 50 villages in the UK by the Telegraph?” is often heard at dinner parties.
The heart of the Warwickshire countryside
- Closest village/town: Shrewley & Claverdon
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Shrewley Stores
- Supermarket: All of the big names in the vicinity or simply order Ocado!
- Pubs: Lots of them. The Crown for a great pint and The Red Lion for a bite to eat
- Walks: Endless country walks from your doorstep