Mr Clarke thinks :
It's so peaceful living by the water.
Overlooking the impressive Kingsland Basin, is an incredibly energy efficient, modern block. The second floor is home to this exceptional 2 bedroom abode. Located on the Regents Canal East London, this well proportioned purpose built apartment is wonderful inside and out. Welcome home.
You get a warm welcome as soon as you arrive. The main living space is an open-plan kitchen/diner and hosts integrated appliances, making this room sleek and ready to move in. The highlight for us is the generous wall of windows, with a door which opens out onto the sunny balcony. From here you can sit and watch the wide city canal views. A very pretty place this is.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The apartment is crisp, clean, well designed and bang in the thick of East London.
Back inside, the master bedroom is generous, light and airy. Fixtures and fittings have been thoughtfully laid out so that everything is just that bit easier. The second bedroom, which is currently used as a studio, offers more useable and enjoyable space to be in. The flooring is warm and the walls are neutral which allows the home to breathe. The great ceiling heights definitely add to this too. The modern bathroom lives at the end of the flat. This room is cool, clean and crisp. It’s the perfect spot to have a soak after exploring the exciting happenings on your doorstep.
- Three words : Nature. Space. Social
Our favourite part
Watching the ducks, geese and other wildlife in the nature reserve from the balcony.
Wildlife in the heart of Lodnon
If you dream of being in the thick of the action but far from the crowds then Kingsland Basin is the place for you. It is a little oasis in the middle of London. The tranquil surroundings are a haven for wildlife - we chatted to a lovely couple who were having a coffee on a bench and looking pretty chilled, "We spend a lot of time time sitting down by the water or on our balcony in the summer months enjoying a drink with friends and watching the swans, herons, huge fish, moorhens and the occasional terrapins". Could this place be any more magical!
As well as being utterly lovely, you are very well connected to the rest of London.
Direct bus links from Kingsland Road to London Bridge/Liverpool St 149, Aldgate 242 and Old St/Holborn/Covent Garden/Waterloo 243. Going north they go up to Dalston/Tottenham/Seven Sisters/Stoke Newington. From Southgate Road the 76 goes to Waterloo and the 21/141 go to London Bridge and beyond. Haggerston London overground station is a 5 minutes walk away which takes you to Highbury and Islington (Victoria Line) and beyond or south to Whitechapel (district line) and beyond to SE London.
The canal towpath takes you to Broadway Market and Victoria Park to the East and Angel and Kings Cross to the West. There are plenty of parks and green spaces within walking distance - Shoreditch Park, De Beauvoir Square, Victoria Park, Stonebridge Park Haggerston Park, Dalston Curve Garden.
There's a wonderful diverse community in this area mostly made up of young professionals and families. There are lots of local markets, Ridley Road, Columbia Road Flower Market, Chapel Street Market and Broadway Market.
Charming and calming
- Pubs: Too many to mention! The Duke of York, The Talbot, The Scolt Head, The Hunter S, The Richmond. Stop it! I'm thirsty...
- Walks: The canal towpath takes you to Broadway Market and Victoria Park to the East and Angel and Kings Cross to the West.
- Schools: Hackney New Primary, Queensbridge Primary, Shoreditch Park Primary, City of London Academy and Mulberry Academy Shoreditch (all outstanding) and the independent Rosemary Works Primary.
- Design Features - Expansive views from floor to ceiling windows in the living space.
- Kitchen Details - Fully fitted, simple and elegant.
- Living Rooms - Open plan living/ dining/ kitchen with a balcony.
- Sleeping Spaces - Master with ensuite, second bedroom a comfortable double (currently used as an office).
- Gardens - One feels projected over the water from the balcony.
- Services - Communal heating and hot water.
- Broadband - BT Infinity style (approx. 76 mbps) or Virgin (350 mbps).
- Council Tax Band & Local Authority - Band E. Hackney.
- Tenure - Leasehold.