Mr Clarke thinks :
It's so peaceful living by the water.
Overlooking the impressive Kingsland Basin, is an incredibly energy efficient, modern block. The second floor is home to this exceptional 2 bedroom abode. Located on the Regents Canal East London, this well proportioned purpose built apartment is wonderful inside and out. Welcome home.
You get a warm welcome as soon as you arrive. The main living space is an open-plan kitchen/diner and hosts integrated appliances, making this room sleek and ready to move in. The highlight for us is the generous wall of windows, with a door which opens out onto the sunny balcony. From here you can sit and watch the wide city canal views. A very pretty place this is.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The apartment is crisp, clean, well designed and bang in the thick of East London.
Back inside, the master bedroom is generous, light and airy. Fixtures and fittings have been thoughtfully laid out so that everything is just that bit easier. The second bedroom, which is currently used as a studio, offers more useable and enjoyable space to be in. The flooring is warm and the walls are neutral which allows the home to breathe. The great ceiling heights definitely add to this too. The modern bathroom lives at the end of the flat. This room is cool, clean and crisp. It’s the perfect spot to have a soak after exploring the exciting happenings on your doorstep.
- Three words : Nature. Space. Social
Our favourite part
Watching the ducks, geese and other wildlife in the nature reserve from the balcony.
De Beauvoir Town
North London at it's finest
If you enjoy high street shops and traffic, then this lovely part of London isn't the place for you to dwell. It's quite the opposite really. With the beautiful Rosemary Gardens (where you can play ping-pong or tennis) and Regent’s Canal at one end, this is a beautiful area to explore whether you're a resident or just popping in. Broadway market is only a 10 minute walk down the canal, and on a sunny day this is a real treat.
De Beauvoir Square is a green patch which is great to throw a frisbee, whilst admiring the Georgian terraced houses over a picnic. Shoreditch Park is super close too. For all your interior pieces head to 2 & 4 Vintage Furniture which is next door - handy!
Charming and inviting
- Closest village/town: This is where you'll find all the village vibes in the city
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: There's lots of quirky cafés, bars and restaurants, artisan bakeries and independent stores.
- Supermarket: There's local delis & butchers - what a treat!
- Pubs: De Beauvoir Arms (awesome pub - decent workers lunch everyday)
- Walks: Grab your keep cup, head to 52a Coffee House, and take a nice long stroll by the canal.
- Design Features - Expansive views from floor to ceiling windows in the living space.
- Kitchen Details - Fully fitted, simple and elegant.
- Living Rooms - Open plan living/ dining/ kitchen with a balcony.
- Sleeping Spaces - Master with ensuite, second bedroom a comfortable double (currently used as an office).
- Gardens - One feels projected over the water from the balcony.
- Services - Communal heating and hot water.
- Broadband - BT Infinity style (approx. 76 mbps) or Virgin (350 mbps).
- Council Tax Band & Local Authority - Band E. Hackney.
- Tenure - Leasehold.