Mr Clarke says :
I have always wanted my own study!
Highview is a private gated development, with stunning views across the surrounding North Downs that immediately connects you with nature. You can enjoy these vistas throughout the year (even from the luxury of your own balconybut we’ll get to that in a little bit) they’re amazing and constantly changing! You’ll share the quiet road with 9 beautiful homes. Take a moment each day to admire the front garden which is neatly landscaped with white roses, white lilac, white jasmine, box hedging, trees of Lebanon and sculpted bay trees. The approach to the house up the tidy walkway sets the standards of what to come inside. When you first walk into the home, you can’t help but soak up the light and space, which is accentuated by the double height spaces. The mezzanine overlooking the entrance hallway is a beautiful addition to the character. The home is a versatile space, measuring 3500 sq. ft. which any family can grow into and make their own. The rooms flow and interlink throughout to create a number of social spaces where people can enjoy their time rustling up that new recipe for friends and family, relaxing with a book, and even working at the same time, whilst allowing room for personal space when needed. It a truly inclusive space.The generous living space on the ground floor comprises of a mature living room (which has a south-facing balcony with those exquisite views we mentionedand to top it off it even has a gas fire to curl up in front of), a study, a dining room, a dining kitchen and separate utility room (which is nicely connected to the garden too), a sitting room, and a washroom. There is an integral garage, large enough for two family cars, on this level. There are 5 bedrooms on the first floor, and you don’t need to fight over the en-suites because there two! There a family bathroom. You can access the garden level either through the home, or from around the side of the house. This hosts a series of rooms (approx. 600 sq.ft.) which can be used in any number of ways - think extra entertaining space, separate accommodation for family members, a gym, a dream cinema room, or an extra bedroomit extends the entire length of the house and is ripe for a creative conversion!Due to its lovely position, this house has incredible views from every south facing room. A sea of green and colour greets you in spring and summer, and remains private in autumn and winter. Whether you’re an expertly keen gardener or just an avid outdoors fan, you can enjoy this garden throughout the seasons. With two York stone paved areas, a lawn running the entire width of the property, and mature, immaculately maintained and curated boarders of white roses, camellia, climbing white jasmine, rhododendrons and Passion flower, it a rich outdoor social space.Caterham is a busy, thriving town with just about everything one could need - it has a Waitrose, and will soon have a Lidl; there are numerous independent traders, restaurants, coffee shops. There a lovely sense of community here. It a commuters delight as train services run directly to London Bridge in 40 minutes, to Victoria via East Croydon in 45 minutes and its close to junction 6 on the M25.If you are looking for a house to move straight into, unpack and enjoy living in, then this is the perfect for you. The decor is mostly neutral throughout and it has been well looked after and equally loved. It ready for you to call home now, but also if you’re looking to put your mark on a new and exciting project, this one has scope for that special reinterpretation. The current owners have recently invested in Everest double glazed windows and doors throughout the house, as well as an electronic security door for the integral garage. You’ll find other details like this throughout that will make life that little bit easier!For more information about the house and what its like to live here, contact Christian Eldershaw - he should know...it's his parents house! If you are looking for a house to move straight into, unpack and enjoy living in, then this is the perfect for you. The decor is mostly neutral throughout, with that added bit of interest, and it has been well looked after and equally loved. It ready for you to call home now, but also if youre looking to put your mark on a new and exciting project, this one has scope for that special reinterpretation. The current owners have recently invested in Everest double glazed windows and doors throughout the house, as well as an electronic security door for the integral garage. Youll find other details like this throughout that will make life that little bit easier! Advert 4: Gaze upon wildlife from the comfort of this lovely home.
Mrs Clarke says :
I could create the most incredible open plan living space opening onto that south-facing garden!
- : Style -- Detached family home.
- : Lifestyle -- Elegant Family Living.
- : Mrs Clarke says -- I could create the most incredible open plan living space opening onto that south-facing garden!
- : Mr Clarke says -- I have always wanted my own study!
- : Three words -- Detached. Spacious. Versatile.
Our favourite part
Gaze upon wildlife from the comfort of this lovely home.
A friendly and thriving town in the picturesque Surrey Hills
This town in leafy East Surrey is a place of two complimenting halves. On one side, you’re bordered by the ever expanding, exciting growth of London and on the other by the sanctuary of the Surrey Hills and the magic North Downs. The town centre is a thriving mix of independent shops, well known high street staples, restaurants and every service one could wish for. You can be exploring in the countryside within a matter of minutes, and it is very popular for commuting into London - you can arrive at London Bridge in 45 minutes…enough time for catching up on that episode you’ve been anticipating, or completing a couple of word searches. Sitting on Junction 6 of the M25, it really is well connected.
Caterham has wonderful green spaces, notably Queens Park. It is home to sports teams, dog walkers, families and community events. Queen’s Park is found just off Church Road, near St Mary’s Church and St Lawrence’s Ancient Church. There’s a large playground for the little ones, tennis courts for those swotting up for Wimbledon and the highly social Caterham Bowls Club, which was founded in 1911. We dare you to go zorbing at GO Zorbing!
There are wonderful schools in the town, and it is well know for being the home of Caterham School - a leading independent, co-educational day and boarding school which is walkable!
You're surrounded by beautiful scenery
- Closest village/town: Pretty Surrey villages are a short drive away
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: There's everything you'll need on your door step
- Supermarket: Waitrose is right by the station - how handy!
- Pubs: The Harrow is a cosy hill top pub with over 400 years of history!
- Walks: There's so much surrounding greenery
- A handsome and versatile detached family home in Caterham, Surrey.
- The house comprises: entrance hall with stairs to the first floor, study, living room with fireplace and balcony, dining room, kitchen, utility room, sitting room, w.c, double reception room, five bedrooms (two en-suite), two bathrooms.
- Outside is a front garden with parking in front of a double garage for four cars. The south-east facing garden is lawned.
- Main Sitting Room -- 19'8 x 13'6 (5.99m x 4.11m) gas fire, double glazed window to rear, double glazed french windows opening onto balcony.
- Study -- 9'10 x 9'0 (3.00m x 2.74m) -- double glazed bay window to the front of the house.
- Dining Room -- 13'10 x 10'9 (4.22m x 3.28m) - glass panelled doors to the entrance hall, double glazed window to the front of the house.
- Kitchen -- 14'5 x 11'3 (4.39 x 3.43) - Neff Circotherm double oven and Neff stainless steel 5 burner hob, door to utility room and exit to garden, double glazed window to the rear of the house, door to lower ground level, opening into...
- Small Sitting Room -- 13'5 x 10'6 (4.09m x 3.20m)- double glazed windows to the rear of the house.
- Master bedroom -- 16'6 x 13'0 (5.03 m x 3.96m)- two double fitted wardrobes, ensuite bathroom (bath, step in shower, W.C, bidet, sink), double glazed windows to rear with views over garden and North Downs.
- Bedroom 2 -- 19'9 x 13'2 (6.02m x 4.01m)- double fitted wardrobe, ensuite bathroom (bath, sink, W.C, double glazed window to rear), double glazed window with views.
- Family room -- 19'10 x 12'11 (6.05m x 3.94m) opening into 13'5 x 10.5 (4.09m x 3.17m) - double glazed window to rear, double glazed french windows opening onto garden.
- Tenure -- Freehold.
- Broadband -- Superfast.
- Local Authority -- Tandridge District Council.
- Postcode - CR3 6AY.