Mr Clarke thinks :
The paddock is perfect for a couple of ponies for the kids.
Hogbrook Farm is a picturesque house nestled in eight acres of beautiful gardens and paddocks on the outskirts of Leamington Spa & Warwick. Steeped in 400 years of history, this stunning house has been thoughtfully renovated into a stylish modern home.
As you turn off The Banbury Road and wind down the long country lane you feel for far from the hustle of the daily grind. Your shoulders relax as you pull the car into the gravel drive and Hogbrook Farm comes into view. The gardens frame the house beautifully and the mature trees, climbing roses and cottage style plants have an effortless English style that can only be created over time. This is a family home where children can run free, dogs can lie on the lawn and parents can kick back, relax and entertain friends.
The effortless style continues inside the home. Each room has an individual vibe, every wall is adorned with beautiful subtle paint tones, or exposed brick. Every door is stripped back, every beam has been uncovered and the flooring ranges from original flag stones to luxurious carpet. There is a purposeful, simple and beautiful aesthetic throughout the home.
The downstairs has a mix of large, open spaces to entertain in and intimate, private rooms to retreat to to relax or work. The Living Room with Conservatory is an example of an open space where the whole family can be together but able to do their own thing. There is a beautiful Kitchen with vaulted roof and exposed oak beams, the obligatory Aga and plenty of storage in the corner pantry for a family cook. The Dining Room off the Kitchen can cope with the largest of farmhouse tables to host weekend suppers or lavish weekend feasts. There is a large Study housed in what was once a dairy, retaining many original features that could be utilised as a playroom, and a Snug to cosy up in with the family alongside the wood burning stove.
The First and Second Floor boast six bedrooms, all of which are beautifully decorated. Each room has an individual style with exposed beams, original stripped oak floor boards and country views. There is a boutique hotel vibe about the sleeping spaces and each room will have an ideal incumbent - The Master Bedroom with vast proportions will be perfect for exhausted parents, the rooms on the top floor are great for privacy seeking teenagers and the bedroom on the second floor will suit guests or visiting family.
Words are not enough to describe this home - you need to see it and feel it to believe it.
Mrs Clarke likes that :
The house is immaculate. We can move straight in.
Storage is a necessity for the modern family - you need space for bikes, the ride on mower and all the Farrow & Ball tins. Hogbrook Farm has oodles of space. There is space at the front of the property for cars, although if you have a collection of precious cars The Barn is ideal for them.
The gardens that surround Hogrook Farm are idyllic. There are lawned areas, an orchard, chicken run, a pond and endless scope for every level of gardener (or maybe just hire a gardener to pop in for one day per week).There is even a Summer House with a hot tub where you can kick back and soak up the garden and peace at any time of the year. The Summer House is perfect as a studio, gym, yoga room or even a den for little ones.
At the front of the property is a 7 acre paddock with detached barn. This is ideal for equestrian minded families. It could also be a small holding, storage area, football pitch or just private land to do whatever you want with - how lovely.
- Style : Modern family home steeped in 400 years of history
- Lifestyle : The good life close to town
- Three Words : Idyllic. Family. Home
Our favourite part
A home worthy of the pages of Country Life.
Local Life in Leamington
Royal Leamington Spa, or Leam as we Leamingtonians like to call our beloved town, has the lot... tree lined avenues, hip and happening social scene, pretty parks, great schools and great coffee shops. Leam has it all.
Leamington’s streets of Regency town houses, which equal those of Cheltenham’s or Brighton’s in my humble opinion, are full of gorgeous homes and friendly people. There is a grand sense down every street.
Well connected? Leamington is super well connected. The M40 nips past to Birmingham, Oxford and London; Stratford-upon-Avon and Coventry are a 20-min drive away; Birmingham 40 mins.
The town has emerged as one of the Midland’s most highly regarded places to live for families who love the schools and activities, as well as young singles and couple who love the bar, restaurant and cultural scene.
If you like shopping, you will love the town centre’s mixed independent shops and High Street chains.
Mrs Clarke loves the boutique feel of the town centre, with its mix of hipster coffee shops like The Larder and the gorgeous shops like Fable, Collective and Farrow & Ball. The High Street has all the big names and then there is the M&S food hall.
Mr Clarke has a few favourites of his own. His personal tailor at Clements & Church, a pint at The Pug; breakfast at Haddie & Trilbie or Coffee Architects; lunch at Nana's when he needs to impress Mrs C.
Education options include Warwick School, Warwick Prep, Kings High & Kingsley School For Girls which are good independent schooling options, and excellent state primary (St. Peter's) close by. Secondary schools (Myton, Trinity, North. Leam). Leamington College and Warwick University
Tree lined avenues, great shops and a buzzing social scene. What more could you want?
- Closest village/town: Lots of lovely countryside on your doorstep
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Lots of great independent shops and great High Street names
- Supermarket: All of them!
- Pubs: The Fat Pug and The Star & Garter are our favourites
- Walks: Along the river Leam and through the leafy parks
- Outside -- Set in 8 acres inc. Large barn with 7 acre paddock | Driveway | Front lawn with Orchard, Pond & Flower Beds | Rear Lawn with Summer House, Hot Tub & Dining Area | Courtyard Garden | Chicken run and Goose Enclosure
- Downstairs -- Vestibule | Entrance Hall | Living Room & Conservatory | Snug | Dining Room | Kitchen | Cloakroom | Study
- First Floor -- Master Bedroom | Bathroom with bath & shower | Bedroom Two | Bedroom Three
- Second Floor -- Three Further Bedrooms | Shower Room | Dressing Room
- Total Sq ft including outbuildings -- 4934 Sq ft
- Directions -- Head south out of Leamington Spa on the A452 Banbury Road. Continue over the M40 and onto the B4100 Banbury Road, passing the guide dog centre on your left. Continue about a ½ mile and Hogbrook Farm is signposted on the left hand side. The property is at the end of a private lane.
- Local Authority -- Warwick District Council
- Services -- Mains telephone and electricity are connected to the property. There is an oil and LPG tank and the waste is via a septic tank.