Mr Clarke thinks :
This is an idyllic place to call home. The gardens are the perfect setting for long summer days with the children and lots of friends.
This exquisite Grade II-Listed property is located in the pretty village of Barby, Warwickshire. Arranged over three storeys, it extends to over 2,500 sq ft of internal living space, enriched by magnificent original details and awash with character.
Holly Lodge is set back along a sweeping forty-meter driveway, which opens up to gardens that stretch in front and behind the house. There is space for pottering and relaxing, gardening and socialising with family and friends in front of the summer house.
This is a wonderful home full of history and ready for the future.
The oldest part of the house dates back to the 18th century and it is great to find so many original features remaining. Within the kitchen there is a mix of 18th century pieces mixed with Victorian and modern additions.
You enter the house into a grand hall way with beautiful Victorian Minton tiles under foot. An original oak staircase ascends to the first floor and the hallway leads to a series of reception rooms and the garden beyond.
The two reception rooms take your breath away and you are encouraged to sit down and take in the beauty of the property and the dream of the life ahead. The living room is flooded with natural light from two large ash windows and warmth radiates from the log burner. The lounge is framed by wood panelling and your eyes are drawn to the open fireplace and the views of the garden.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The interiors are gorgeous. The mix of old and new, Georgian and Victorian, bright and subtle is inspiring.
The beating heart of this house is the kitchen - the Aga is central to the room and the two windows fill the space with light. The counter tops are from a Victorian shop, the big Belfast sink and taps have been reclaimed and installed to bring the room a sense of history. This is a kitchen for the whole family to be together and enjoying time with each other.
There are three bedrooms on the first floor and two bathrooms. The main bedroom has bucolic views across the front of the house and there is an original cast iron fireplace, ornate built in wardrobes and direct access to the family bathroom. The second bedroom is a good size and the guest bedroom has direct access to the downstairs via a staircase. The en-suite to bedroom three on this floor can also be accessed from the landing, with its cast iron roll top bath and ''his and her' wash basins all the luxurious feels are elevated.
The second floor comprises of two further double bedrooms, with views across the village.
- Three words : Old. And. New.
Our favourite part
The living room is light, warm and full of fun.
- Entrance Hall: A welcoming entrance hall with Victorian Minton tiled flooring, original oak stairs rising to first floor, under stairs storage space, door to rear garden, doors to downstairs accommodation.
- Living Room 5.09m x 3.99m Sash windows to front and side aspects, feature cast iron fireplace with decorative tiled insert and decorative surround, tiled hearth, fitted clear view multi fuel burner stove, half height decorative wall panelling, exposed floor boards, cast iron radiator.
- Lounge 5.16m x 3.94m Window to front aspect overlooking the garden, Victorian style cast open fireplace with decorative tiled insert, decorative surround and tiled hearth, exposed floor boards, half height wooden wall panelling, access to:
- Utility Room 4.52m x 2.51m Window to front aspect, Belfast style sink, fitted with a range of units incorporating cupboards and drawers, space and plumbing for dishwasher and washing machine, oil fired boiler serving domestic hot water and central heating system.
- Farmhouse Kitchen 5.08m x 4.52m Incorporating a further sitting room of 3.96m x 3.38m. Windows to both side aspects, Belfast style sink with mixer tap and reclaimed Victorian Units with Brass.
- Bedroom One 4.98m x 3.99m Sash window to front aspect overlooking the front garden, feature original cast iron fireplace, fitted with a range of ornate built in wardrobes incorporating drawers and shelving giving ample storage and a hidden door to the beautiful family bathroom
- Family Bathroom 4.98m x 2.06m Can also be accessed from the landing, window to front aspect, fitted with a four piece suite comprising high flush WC, cast iron roll top bath with mixer taps and shower attachment, ''his and her'' wash hand basins set into unit with towel storage space under, large walk in shower cubicle.
- Bedroom Two 5.31m x 4.09m Sash windows to front and side aspects overlooking the garden.
- Bedroom 3 - Guest Suite: There is a door from the landing and also stairs from the farmhouse kitchen giving access to the Guest Suite. Guest Bedroom 3.85m x 3.33m Windows to both side aspects, vaulted ceiling with exposed ceiling beams, door to:
- En-suite 4m x 3.87m Windows to both side aspects, vaulted ceiling with exposed ceiling beams, fitted with a four piece suite comprising high flush WC, cast iron roll top bath with mixer taps, and shower attachment over, large walk in shower cubicle and wash hand basin.
- Second Floor Landing: Giving access to two further double bedrooms with vaulted ceilings and exposed beams.
- Bedroom Four 3.96m x 3.30m Window to side aspect, exposed floorboards, cast iron radiator, and ceiling timbers.
- Bedroom Five 3.73m x 3.28m Feature leaded window to side aspect, exposed floor timbers, Victorian cast iron fireplace.
- Outside: The property is entered via a five bar gate into a gravelled driveway of 40 metres in length, which is accessed from Daventry Road, and provides ample off road parking for multiple vehicles, and access to rear garden.
- Barn Shed Storage with electric.
- Tenure - Freehold
- Broadband - BT Infinity High Speed Broadband Zone
- Grade II Listed
- Services - Oil fired central heating and hot water via a Worcester Bosch boiler. Mains electricity, water and drainage.
- Council Tax Band - F