Mr Clarke thinks :
The finish is pure quality. You don't often find a home that has been so cleverly designed and perfectly finished. You can move straight in and pop the kettle on.
This stunning three bedroom townhouse sits within the grounds of the old Lord Leycester Hotel dating back to Elizabethan times, rich with a vibrant history. Now, this intelligent and stylish new build home is within an award-winning mews development. The house is an elegant mix of free flowing open-plan living spaces and intimate sleeping and working areas, as well as a wonderful private courtyard.
The recent remodelling, using high quality materials and finishes, focuses on modern proportions and rooms full of space and light. Engineered wooden flooring, integrated Siemans appliances, glass bannisters, CAT 6 cabling, under floor and smart heating, super fast broadband help contribute to the transformation into an exemplary modern home.
The kitchen has been ergonomically designed to offer clever use of space and room for the modern cook. Energy efficient Siemens appliances include induction hob, double oven, fridge/freezer and dishwasher with a full width wine fridge. Hard wearing stylish Caeserstone work surfaces have been fitted with matching up-stands and splash-backs to create a stylish look. An open plan living room and dining room looks out to the private courtyard, through triple glazed glazed doors.
Mrs Clarke loves :
That you can walk to Hatton & Harding for some retail therapy.
There are three double bedrooms all with fitted wardrobes. The large windows in each of the bedrooms flood them with natural light, but pull the blind shut and the rooms become a sanctuary for peaceful sleep. The main bedroom has a luxurious en suite shower room with beautiful porcelain tiling, under floor heating and heated towel rail. The highlight is the private balcony off the main bedroom that looks out to Warwick Church.
There are two bathrooms so there is no jam on mid-week morning and everyone can have their own space on a lazy weekend evening. The bathrooms have been designed with stylish white ceramic Laufen sanitary wear, contemporary frame less shower screens, porcelain tiling, under floor heating and heated towel rails. The bathrooms have a warming spa-like feel.
This is a refreshingly unique development. Aerial photo credit: TAG Urban Properties who have produced this long lasting and special home.
- Three words : Modern. Design. Style.
Our favourite part
The sanctuary of the courtyard.
The boutiques and great pubs prove Warwick is more than historic.
Historic Warwick is not just about the Castle and olde world charm. Warwick has a buzzing town centre, great cafes, pubs, restaurants and shops. There is countryside on your doorstep as well as Leamington down the road and amazing transport links.
When you snap up your new home your first port of call should be the utterly fabulous Hatton & Harding where the even more utterly fabulous team will style and kit out your pad. This beautiful homewares shop is so luxurious that you just want to lay on the floor and soak up every last drop of the style that is dripping from each shelf.
On the way home, loaded with scented candles, rugs and pretty little things you will be in need of a drink and a bite to eat. Dough & Brew is where we would stop. This trendy pizza place was conceived from the street food scene and now has a space without wheels in the heart of the town. We love the stripped back interior, cool staff and friendly vibe. Mr C is partial to a pint of local Church Farm IPA and the pizza with Mac n Cheese on! You heard right - Mac n Cheese pizza. mmmm.
There are so many other little stylish treats around town that you will enjoy discovering. Mrs Clarke loves the guys at Nash & White hairdressers, she can often be found drinking prosecco at The Rose & Crown, meeting the girls for coffee at Thirteen Bakers or practicing her yoga Bikram Warwickshire.
So Warwick has history, boutique shops, trendy restaurants and a posh hairdresser but what about the nitty gritty? Schools, transport and work? "Boring!" I hear you cry, but we must provide some serious stuff on these pages.
Schools - blinkin' brilliant. Warwick Prep is the friendliest school we have ever been too. The Headmistress is an old school, no nonsense lady with a charm that kids and parents can't get enough of. It also churns out cracking students with a mind full of knowledge and a thirst for life. Kings High, Warwick, Myton and lots of great primary schools.
You are probably better connected than anywhere in the UK. Birmingham International Airport is 30 mins away, Warwick station can whizz you into London or Birmingham and the M40 is close by.
Employment is buzzing with JLR, Warwick University, the games industry in Leamington and lots of start-ups and big corporations.
"Shopping, cafes, bars, restaurants and a lovely vibe. Oh, and a very big castle."
- Closest village/town: Walk along the Grand Union Canal to Hatton or you are a short drive into the Cotswolds
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Hatton & Harding is our favourite interiors shop ever
- Supermarket: Sainsburys, Aldi and Lidl
- Pubs: The Rose & Crown is a peachy pub
- Walks: Dogs love the Racecourse
- New build - 7.5 years of BLP warranty remaining.
- Summary - Arranged over three floors with a modern open plan living style, perfect for entertaining. A private courtyard sits to the rear.
- Design - Spectacular high ceiling entrance hall with contemporary glass bannisters. Designer upgraded galley kitchen with top spec integrated appliances, engineered wooden floors with underfloor heating throughout ground floor, cat 6 cabling throughout.
- Tech - 63 mbps Broadband speed, smart heating system with smart meter.
- Kitchen - ergonomically designed to offer clever use of space. Energy efficient top spec Siemens appliances include induction hob, double oven, fridge/freezer and dishwasher with a full width wine fridge included. Hard wearing stylish Caeserstone work surfaces fitted with matching up-stands and splash-backs.
- Private off road gated parking.
- Tenure - Freehold.
- Services - Gas heating and hot water and electrics.