Mr Clarke thinks :
I can work from home, commute sometimes and spend the weekend in The Cotswolds. Let's move!
This bright, expansive five-bedroom house occupies an excellent position on the edge of Kingsmere, a short walk from great schools, great amenities and great transport links. Internal accommodation is spread across three levels opening out via glazed doors onto a beautiful garden. This stunning house is neatly tucked away in a quiet spot, opposite woodland and with space for several cars.
The new home has been cleverly conceived to provide wonderful living spaces, peaceful sleeping rooms and flexibility for home working and entertaining. The positioning of the property allows natural light to spill in, illuminating the interior and giving rooms a calm and warm atmosphere. This effect is complemented by soft colour schemes and luxury wooden flooring underfoot.
The house is set back at the end of a private drive opposite a protected copse, which provides beautiful bird song throughout the year - the quite location is unique to Kingsmere and in our opinion this is the best spot around.There is ample space at the front of the house for parking.The garage is great for storage and or workshop and the back garden is easy to maintain and secluded so you can enjoy relaxing and playing in peace.
The pleasing symmetry of the front of the property is matched by the equally pleasing large rooms and immaculate condition of the house. A hallway leads through to the kitchen at the rear and the garden beyond. There is a vast living room at one side of the downstairs and a dining room at the other. This second reaction room could be easy set up as a home study or could be extended into the kitchen.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The luxurious top floor suite and dressing room.
The living room is arguably the most impressive space in the house - it is incredibly bright, drawing in natural light from the large window at the front and glazed doors at the back, which effortlessly lead to the garden. The garden itself has a large lawn and a brick wall that creates a warm micro-climate for sitting and relaxing in throughout the year.
The first floor comprises three large bedrooms, one of which has a stylish en-suite bathroom. There is a great family bathroom on this floor too.
The second floor is one of the impressive factors of this home - it has two further bedrooms, one with en-suite and a landing space that is ideal as a reading corner or home study. But it is so much more than that. This floor adds real luxury to the house and is a quiet, peaceful sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of the living spaces below. It’s spacious and luxurious. It comprises a very large dual aspect main bedroom suite combined with a good sized bedroom that the current owners have converted to a spacious walk in dressing room with fitted wardrobes and drawers. There is also a wonderful en-suite.
There are so many great things about the home - the position, the space, the garden. But we think one of the best bits is the wonderful atmosphere created by the styling and the lifestyle that the family have here.
The area is wonderfully positioned for families as everything is on your doorstep, as well as being brilliantly positioned to access London during the week and the Cotswolds at the weekend.
- Three words : Luxury. Modern. Living.
Our favourite part
The living room is huge.
More than just shopping
In our opinion Bicester is the best connected place in the UK. You are only a short distance to the Cotswolds and Chilterns and within commuting distance to Oxford, Milton Keynes, Reading and London. Bicester village and Bicester North stations with direct links to London (only 44 mins away) and Oxford (14 mins away). The M40 is close by to whizz you to Birmingham or London. But Bicester is more than a commuter hot spot.
Let's start with shopping - who can resist a couple of hours browsing the boutiques at Bicester Village followed by Lunch at Soho Farm House? There is also a wide range of high street shops and number of larger out of town shops (new shopping park with next, boots, Nike and marks and Spencer’s just opened.)
The schools are cracking, you have Langford Primary School, which has a ‘Good’ Ofsted rating. There are two secondary schools and plans for a third as part of the new Kingsmere estate. Several excellent private primary schools and also nearby including Beachborough in Westbury, near Brackley and Winchester House in Brackely. Secondary private schools include Bloxham and Stowe.
This is a place that has everything the modern, discerning faily could dream of - a modern sports centre with every class possible, several great playgrounds for the kids and a new wooden adventure playground. The great local garden centre has a cafe and soft play, the schools are very well regarded and you are spoilt for choice on places to eat and drink.
Slightly further afield are Stoke Woods, Waddesdon Manor (national trust site of the Rothschild Family) and Blenheim. The Cotswolds are on your doorstep from where you can spend time in the countryside and lovely farm shops!
Bicester Hotel, Golf and Spa is only 10 mins drive away and offers a fantastic golf course, spa facilities, plus childcare facilities. You should join.
The loveliest of communities
- Closest village/town: Hethe is lovely
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: More than you could dream of!
- Supermarket: A big Tesco that is open all the time, and the very smart Waitrose is close.
- Pubs: The Lion Wendlebury (All local villages seem to have excellent pubs)
- Walks: Miles of countryside walks, particularly in the Heyfords and Astons, there is so much more than Langford and stoke woods
- New build on the edge of Kingsmere, great access for local amenities and transport links. Peaceful, bright and low maintenance garden. Spacious and bright rooms, all bedrooms are doubles. An enviable tucked away position, not overlooked and with comfortable parking for three vehicles on a private drive. Genuinely secluded plot overlooking protected copse with mature trees.
- Because of the secluded nature of the plot on the edge of Kingsmere google street view doesn’t come down the drive. So viewing is highly recommended to experience its uniqueness within Kingsmere.
- Oak floor hallway and dining room.
- Three storey property with top floor laid out as a luxurious suite with en-suite and dressing room.
- High speed fibre broadband (the newest and fastest sky broadband available)
- Modern kitchen with granite worktop. Integrated washing machine, dishwasher and fridge freezer. Five burner gas hob. Well maintained. Overlooking the garden.
- Private drive and extensive parking almost unique on the Kingsmere estate.
- Modern gas combi boiler with radiator heating to rooms