Mr Clarke thinks :
If ever I’m fancying a trip to town, I can grab a tote and go for a stroll - it’s super close.
Kenilworth Road is full of beautiful homes, and this particular one is a gorgeous regency garden apartment. Asides from having a sought after address, it’s oozing with character and within walking distance of the bustling shops, bars and restaurants the town has to offer.
The magnificent building once stood as one dwelling, however, today it has been cleverly divided into 7 individual apartments. Uniquely, only this home has private access and immediate views of the well maintained gardens. As it’s the garden apartment you have the huge benefit of the green space, and with the wooden gate it feels like a secret garden away from the outside world. Here really is a relaxing haven to sit back and enjoy, whilst having the benefit of being so close to the town's luxury atmosphere.The best of both worlds!
Through the private front door you’re welcomed into a light and bright garden room. The sky light floods this space with light, with the help of 3 windows which overlook the lush gardens. You’ll be wowed to see everything has been lovingly updated; new doors, gorgeous engineered oak flooring throughout, new radiators, redecorated with Farrow & Ball paint and velux window in the garden room. Head through to the central hallway and you’ll find doors that lead to the bathroom, kitchen, lounge, and both bedrooms.
Starting in the kitchen you’ll find charming bespoke grey wooden units which were new last year, and wonderfully white worktops; a culinary delight. You’ve got all the space you could wish for. This room has the feeling of luxury, and you have options for layout so why not pop a large table in the middle to make a centrepiece.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The beautifully designed kitchen where I can cook for friends & family.
Next let’s head into the living room. You have french doors that open onto the garden area for those warm autumnal days.
After a long day frolicking in Leamington’s parks or browsing the shops, take a soak in the bathroom. The free standing bath feels like you’re in a hotel suite. To complete your relaxing evening, the main bedroom is a sanctuary so you’ll be sure to rest easy. Fitted wardrobes makes for easy storage, and the ensuite is an added bonus. The second bedroom is a lovely and airy room which can act as a guest bedroom, or a working from home studio.
Allocated parking is available to the front of the building. Further parking is also available on Cloister Crofts. The flat also comes with a large private storage room, which is external, secure and dry storage. This is something you won’t come across often!
- Original character : Sash windows and high ceilings.
- Design features : Completely refurbished inside offering a modern interior.
- Three words : Location. Warmth. Comfort.
Our favourite part
Personality in a place is important, and this home has lots of it.
Local Life in Leamington
Royal Leamington Spa, or Leam as we Leamingtonians like to call our beloved town, has the lot... tree lined avenues, hip and happening social scene, pretty parks, great schools and great coffee shops. Leam has it all.
Leamington’s streets of Regency town houses, which equal those of Cheltenham’s or Brighton’s in my humble opinion, are full of gorgeous homes and friendly people. There is a grand sense down every street.
Well connected? Leamington is super well connected. The M40 nips past to Birmingham, Oxford and London; Stratford-upon-Avon and Coventry are a 20-min drive away; Birmingham 40 mins.
The town has emerged as one of the Midland’s most highly regarded places to live for families who love the schools and activities, as well as young singles and couple who love the bar, restaurant and cultural scene.
If you like shopping, you will love the town centre’s mixed independent shops and High Street chains.
Mrs Clarke loves the boutique feel of the town centre, with its mix of hipster coffee shops like The Larder and the gorgeous shops like Collective and Farrow & Ball. The High Street has all the big names and then there is the M&S food hall.
Mr Clarke has a few favourites of his own. His personal tailor at Clements & Church, a pint at The Pug; breakfast at Haddie & Trilbie when they reopen; lunch at Nana's when he needs to impress Mrs C.
For a bit of fresh air you have lots of options; Jepson Gardens is wonderful and the Aviary coffee shop is the icing on the cake. Art in the Park happens each year and is a great family day out filled with curiosities. Victoria Park and Newbold Comyn are other spots you should go for a picnic.
Education options include Arnold Lodge & Kingsley School For Girls, which are good independent schooling options, and excellent state primary (St. Peter's) close by. Secondary schools (Myton, Trinity, North. Leam). Leamington College and Warwick University are also here.
Tree lined avenues, great shops and a buzzing social scene. What more could you want?
- Closest village/town: Lots of lovely countryside on your doorstep
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Lots of great independent shops and great High Street names
- Supermarket: All of them!
- Pubs: The Fat Pug and The Star & Garter are our favourites
- Walks: Along the river Leam and through the leafy parks
- Tenure: Share of freehold.
- Kitchen Details: New kitchen. Integrated dishwasher, ceramic butler sink, Perrin and Rowe chrome tap, SMEG range cooker and SMEG retro fridge freezer. Boiler is disguised in a cupboard. Separate larder/laundry cupboard with space for washing machine and tumble drier, storage space for hoover, ironing board. Shelves and hooks for storage.
- Decor: Farrow & Ball paint adorns the bathroom in fresh Cornforth White, Strong White Farrow & Ball in the lounge, Wevet in one of the Bedrooms and White on the other walls for a neutral and peaceful feel.
- Bedrooms: Two great sized double bedrooms offering plenty of storage space. Main bedroom has Stanley Matthews (Warwick) bespoke grey fitted double wardrobes.
- Bathroom Specs: New bathroom. Free standing bath, Lusso Stone shower and tap, and a RAK ceramics toilet. There are white metro tiles on the walls and Laura Ashley floor tiles. The en-suite has a shower cubicle with white metro tiles and a Mira shower. There are Laura Ashley floor tiles and a grey vanity unit.
- Renovations: New doors, engineered oak flooring through, new radiators, redecoration, new external roof and velux window in the garden room.
- Services: Gas central heating. Acova & Soak radiators.
- Property: Grade II listed.