Mr Clarke loves :
There’s excellent school facilities on the doorstep
This wonderful Lansdowne Gardens home is within a greenfield Redrow development, four bedroom detached executive home, nestled in the rural suburb of Llantarnam. Adjacent to an abbey’s parkland, enjoy easy commuter access to Bristol, Cardiff and Newport, or just sit back, relax and marvel at the views over farms and fields.
Manicured gardens and beautifully maintained properties will guide you to number 32. You will find that parking won’t be a problem with a double drive and double integral garage to the front of the property. Walk through the front door and drop your keys in the study and admire your crisp green lawn through the leaded panels.
Walk on into the living room, across the hardwood floor towards the double doors which lead you on to the dining room with two windows to further enjoy the scenic views.
The kitchen is flanked by both the dining room and utility room, providing the perfect workflow for domestic duties or dinner parties. The utility room, with space and plumbing for a separate washing machine and dryer, leads on to the integral double garage. The double garage is not only an impressive parking space, but it also has a footprint equivalent to around a third of the existing living space on the ground floor. Some local owners have already sympathetically converted this space into a large living room, cinema room or versatile family space.
Mike has lived in and around Cardiff and Newport all of his life and has a deep knowledge of the Stow Park area. The location of this home is fantastic; it's a true gem inside and out. He looks forward to showing you around.
Mrs Clarke thinks :
The house layout and build quality are impeccable
The current owners have lived here since the house was built, nurturing a growing family, with each of their three children having a double bedroom each.
Of course, the parents seized the master bedroom which comfortably housed a king-sized bed, bedside cabinets, standalone dresser, in addition to the fitted wardrobes with sliding mirrored doors. A room perfect for a peaceful night’s sleep, or one to use the lovely bay window that catches sun most of the day; a hideaway in which to sit and read.
But the children didn’t feel left out. The second bedroom had a large double bed, desk and draws. The demands of an avid shopper were met with plenty of storage with built-in wardrobes, and convenient sliding mirrored doors. (This wardrobe even has a large ‘hidden’ storage space behind, accessed with sliding draws – perfect to hide things like bedding, presents, or even small wizards in there.) The third bedroom has a convenient alcove perfectly sized for a large wardrobe and drawers. And of course, a gorgeous view over the garden and into the countryside. The fourth bedroom is equally proud of its credentials; once again boasting fabulous rural views to watch the cows!
The rear garden catches the sun late into evening. There is a large lawned area, bordered by a fence; just high enough to keep a curious Friesian on the right side of grazing; but low enough to let you enjoy those beautiful views into the rolling Welsh countryside. (Twmbarlwm – I will climb you again!)
- Style : Generous modern accommodation with a classic 50’s feel
- Highlights : Magnificent scenic views; hardwood flooring; quiet street location
- Three words : City. Meets. Countryside.
Our favourite part
This is the perfect location between town and country.
Local Life in calming Cwmbran
The development enjoys excellent transport links with easy access in minutes to M4 junctions 25 and 26. There are several local pubs in walking distance including the Three Blackbirds, Greenhouse and Parkway Hotel complete with leisure club and swimming pool. An M&S Food outlet along the Malpas Road is perfect for that impromptu shop or snack stop. And for the active leisure seeker, the Monmouthshire and Brecon Canal and national cycle network is easily accessed from Pentre Lane just across the road, and a short drive in the car can deliver you to the first tee of Greenmeadow Golf Club.
From the lounge you will see a country road that drops down into nearby Ponthir, connecting you easily to the historic village of Caerleon. Here you can spend an hour or an afternoon. Take in the Roman amphitheatre and museum, before sampling the delights on the many independent cafes, bars and restaurants. Or why not head up Belmont Hill to the five-star Celtic Manor Resort and International Convention Centre Wales. All this on your doorstep, a doorstep in Llantarnam ready with vacant possession, waiting for its new owners to fill it with love and laughter and create new memories.
Family life is perfect here; Rougemont private school offering education to both primary and secondary pupil age ranges up to A level is nearby. That private doctor appointment is moments away at the nearby St Joseph’s Hospital.
Town and country at it's finest
- Closest village/town: Cwmbran, Newport, Cardiff and Bristol are just too easy to get to from here
- Supermarket: The largest Sainsburys in Wales is a mile away!
- Walks: Endless countryside walks are on your doorstep (and you can choose one by looking out of your window!)
- Design Features -- Top quality, thick, solid hard-wood floor throughout the ground floor.
- Kitchen Details -- 4.42m x 3.48m. Everything you need including a ceramic induction hob.
- Living Spaces -- 4.50m x 4.43m. Large sitting area with views out to garden and is a great place in summer to cool down.
- Sleeping Spaces -- 4 large, bright double bedrooms. Mirrored sliding doors to wardrobes in both main bedrooms, including one having an en-suite.
- Bathroom -- Great size family bathroom which is tiled throughout to make cleaning easy.
- Gardens -- Large lawn area that catches the afternoon sun with gorgeous views out over the countryside.
- Working Spaces -- The current owners have personally designed and professionally built/installed the study.
- Technology -- Fibre max broadband with carriers offering speeds of over 50 Mbps. Sky Q installed. Excellent mobile coverage.
- Tenure -- Freehold
- Sat Nav -- NP44 3GB