Mr Clarke says :
I can walk to the train to get into London or Birmingham. I don’t have to spend any money on the house. When are we moving in?
A stylish, architecturally developed, 4 bedroom home in the heart of Lapworth. Lapworth Oaks provides everything the discerning family crave - A big house with four bedrooms, open plan living spaces, in a nice village with great schools and good transport links.
The property was built in 1990 and is in the heart of the village. It is one of a group of luxury homes based around a green where children can play and neighbours talk. When you walk through the front door you get a grand sense of space because the hall way has been extended from the original design to create a welcoming space to greet visitors. The garage has been replaced with an additional reception room, which is currently set up as an office but could easily be a playroom, TV room or gym.
The sitting room has a formal feel. There is so much space for sofas and chairs with an open fire as the focal point. You can see along the home to the smart back garden from in here. There are large, full height doors that open to another reception room, which is currently used a dining room. It’s a great design to allow you to open the doors to have the whole family together, but when you just want a little bit of peace, you can close the doors off and curl up and watch Netflix.
A luxury orangery has been added to the back of the home. It’s luxury because there is underfloor heating, electric windows and spot lighting. The doors open onto the peaceful and private garden, which has been recently landscaped to include lawn, patio and separate decking area and space for relaxing or playing. There is side access to the front.
The kitchen has had the same stylish treatment as the rest of the home. Black quartz work tops, modern units and beautiful flooring. The windows look out to the back garden. Through the side door you find a large utility room with lots of storage.
Mrs Clarke says :
The pre-school and primary school are great. Lunch at the Boot and a lovely community. Bliss.
Walking upstairs feels like you are in a boutique hotel. The Matthew Williamson wallpaper is divine and the chandelier is a thing of beauty. The landing is large enough for a family to rush around on a morning. There are four great bedrooms, one with en-suite bathroom and a family bathroom.
The master-bedroom is large but it has a private and intimate feel. There is an amazing dressing room providing excellent storage. The recently installed en-suite bathroom is more like a spa than the normal en-suite.
The further three bedrooms have plenty of storage and are in show home condition.
The family bathroom is a stylish Porcelanosa design with large bath and shower. You could soak away all your troubles in here.
- Style Factor : A home with the interior designer touch.
- Modern Home : Underfloor heating, Nest thermostat, home office, fully renovated.
- Downstairs : Open plan living, study, downstairs WC, designer kitchen, utility room and orangery.
Our favourite part
Great village, stunning interior, large house. What more could you want?
Lapworth has everything a village should have.
Lapworth is a great village tucked away in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside. But it's certainly not remote. In fact we think it is better connected than most places in England. You could be jetting off to warmer climes from Birmingham airport, which is only 20 minutes away, zipping along to London from Lapworth Station or zooming down the M40 quicker than Mrs Clarke can say "supper's ready". If it is Birmingham you are wanting to get to then Lapworth station runs regular services to all Birmingham stations.
The school is very sought after and mums are queuing up to get the little ones enrolled. After drop off they head to The Virgin Active for some pilates. "There is a great network of people in the village. Lapworth has a really friendly community."
That's the boring stuff done! Did I mention there are three pubs? Mr and Mrs Clarke's favourite is The Boot. "The beer is delicious and the food is wonderful. George, the very handsome Manager recommends the annual bonfire "It's a must see. The teepee in the back garden is great for a fancy party."
Lapworth is surrounded by stunning countryside and some lovely National Trust properties. The cycling around the area is fantastic and with Dynamic Rides, a great cycle shop in Hockley Heath, there is always someone to jump on the saddle with.
"We love Lapworth because it's so friendly. Everyone says hello when you are walking the dogs along the canal and it's just a really pretty and safe place to live" said a well heeled and well dressed gentleman when we last popped into the village for a bottle of wine the pop shop.
You are close to lots of little hubs like Hockley Heath, which has a McLaren garage if you fancy a new car, a great fish and chip shop, a superb Indian restaurant, and a dry cleaners. Henley-in-Arden for great ice cream, Warwick, Solihull, Leamington and Kenilworth. It's a well connected place to live.
Lapworth is located between Warwick and Solihull. It boasts not one but three pubs, a cricket club and a train to London & Birmingham. That must be why Mr Clarke loves it.
- Closest village/town: Lapworth
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Lapworth Stores run by one of the nicest shop keepers you will every meet, DJ.
- Supermarket: Waitrose in Kenilworth is only fifteen minutes away or Tesco is in Shirey. Hockley Heath has Steve Mills butchers and a few shops for the necessities.
- Pubs: Lots of them. The Boot is superb, The Tom O' The Wood is wonderful & The Navigation does some very good ales and then there is the glam Punch Bowl.
- Walks: Endless walking along the canal or in the countryside.
- Upstairs -- Master bedroom with large dressing room and luxury en-suite bathroom, family bathroom and three further bedrooms.
- Entrance Hall -- Karndean flooring, Nest thermostat secured on the wall. Two storage cupboards recently fitted. Alarm system.
- Study -- Floor and windows. Fast broadband available.
- Sitting Room -- Window overlooking the drive, fireplace, Karndean floor.
- Dining Room
- Orangery - 3.73m x 3.70m max. (12'2" x 12'1" max.) - With underfloor heating, spotlights and electric windows. Doors to back garden
- Kitchen -- Extensive run of black quartz work surface, base, wall and full height storage units, space for fridge freezer, induction hob, extractor fan, microwave and coffee machine. Floor spotlights
- Utility Room - Space for washing machine and dryer. Climate controlled wine fridge
- Master Bedroom -- With windows overlooking the front of the property and door leading through to Dressing Room -- With fitted wardrobes. Ensuite bathroom- Porcelonasa shower, sink and WC
- Family Bathroom -- With window to the rear, fitted with Porcelonasa suite, comprising bath, W.C. and wash hand basin. Underfloor heating.
- Three further bedrooms
- Loft -- partially boarded
- Outside - To the rear of the property there is a lawned area, wooden decking area and a patio area. Side access to the front of the property. The garden was landscaped twelve months ago.
- General Information - Services: Mains electricity, water and drainage are connected to the property. Heating and hot water are provided by LPG gas. New water pressurised system recently installed.
- Council Tax: Solihull District Council