Mr Clarke thinks :
The location is ideal for commuting.
Virtually, Your Home: book a virtual viewing now. Contact Ben for more details.
The Hey House is one of the finest homes in the West Midlands. This expansive country house has everything the discerning family could dream of. From 7000+sq foot of stylish internal space, seven acres of private grounds with precious views across over the Warwickshire countryside, to the swimming pool and detached annexe - this is a wonderful place to call home.
Positioned on Lapworth Street in the very sought after village of Lapworth, the house offers incredible ease of access to Birmingham, London and the World via Birmingham International Airport. The village has always been seen as “the place” to move to for those wanting country air, the trappings of village life as well as being close to smart urban hotspots like Solihull and Leamington.
Mrs Clarke loves :
Swimming pool, stables and style - this is what a dream house is made up of.
The grand entrance is befitting of the property and as the gates swing open and you drive along the tree lined driveway the Hey House comes into view in its full glory. Despite the sheer enormity of the house there is a calm and homely feel as you park up and breathe in the bucolic setting.
Head inside and you are greeted with a wonderful sense of light, space and style. There are views from the grand entrance hall which pass all the way through to the garden and countryside beyond. The quality of the property is evident everywhere you look. The downstairs is divided into a mix of vast open plan spaces including the kitchen, and intimate private rooms like games room and garden room over-looking the garden.
Upstairs you find six bedrooms, five bathrooms and an office. The Master suite boasts a dressing room and stunning en-suite bathroom.
The gardens are effortlessly accessed from garden room and living room where children can run in and out from the swimming pool in the summer moths and adults can sit on the decking or in the Breeze House and enjoy the peace. The pool house is ideal for hosting parties, barbecues or just relaxing after a busy day.
There is a stable block for several horses and a paddock to practise dressage or just home an old pony.
There is a two storey annexe to the side of the property, which will make an ideal home for Granny, a nanny or a boomerang child returning after a year travelling South-East Asia. This is a very special home.
- Design Features : Oak staircase, arched windows, grand fixtures & fittings.
- Original Character : Luxurious yet homely, this home frames all of the surrounding vistas beautifully. The setting and interiors marry together perfectly.
- Three words : Stylish. Grand. Home.
Our favourite part
Hey House is a magnificent country residence set in seven acres of gardens and grounds.
Lapworth has everything a village should have.
Lapworth is a great village tucked away in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside. But it's certainly not remote. In fact we think it is better connected than most places in England. You could be jetting off to warmer climes from Birmingham airport, which is only 20 minutes away, zipping along to London from Lapworth Station or zooming down the M40 quicker than Mrs Clarke can say "supper's ready". If it is Birmingham you are wanting to get to then Lapworth station runs regular services to all Birmingham stations.
The school is very sought after and mums are queuing up to get the little ones enrolled. After drop off they head to The Virgin Active for some pilates. "There is a great network of people in the village. Lapworth has a really friendly community."
That's the boring stuff done! Did I mention there are three pubs? Mr and Mrs Clarke's favourite is The Boot. "The beer is delicious and the food is wonderful. George, the very handsome Manager recommends the annual bonfire "It's a must see. The teepee in the back garden is great for a fancy party."
Lapworth is surrounded by stunning countryside and some lovely National Trust properties. The cycling around the area is fantastic and with Dynamic Rides, a great cycle shop in Hockley Heath, there is always someone to jump on the saddle with.
"We love Lapworth because it's so friendly. Everyone says hello when you are walking the dogs along the canal and it's just a really pretty and safe place to live" said a well heeled and well dressed gentleman when we last popped into the village for a bottle of wine the pop shop.
You are close to lots of little hubs like Hockley Heath, which has a McLaren garage if you fancy a new car, a great fish and chip shop, a superb Indian restaurant, and a dry cleaners. Henley-in-Arden for great ice cream, Warwick, Solihull, Leamington and Kenilworth. It's a well connected place to live.
Lapworth is located between Warwick and Solihull. It boasts not one but three pubs, a cricket club and a train to London & Birmingham. That must be why Mr Clarke loves it.
- Closest village/town: Lapworth
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Lapworth Stores run by one of the nicest shop keepers you will ever meet, DJ.
- Supermarket: Waitrose in Kenilworth is only fifteen minutes away or Tesco is in Shirey. Hockley Heath has Steve Mills butchers and a few shops for the necessities.
- Pubs: Lots of them. The Boot is superb, The Tom O' The Wood is wonderful & The Navigation does some very good ales and then there is the glam Punch Bowl.
- Walks: Endless walking along the canal or in the countryside.
- Kitchen Details - Open plan kitchen / dining area with Aga, marble floor and underfloor heating with a bespoke maple kitchen with granite work surface and sub zero fridge freezer.
- Living Rooms - Three reception rooms including formal living room, sitting room / music room and garden room, utility and boot room with marble flooring and underfloor heating which leads to a purpose built gymnasium.
- Sleeping Spaces - Six double bedrooms, four of which have ensuite facilities including two with Jacuzzi baths and with two bedrooms benefitting from a shared family / sitting room. The master suite provides view s to the rear gardens and includes a large dressing area with fitted wardrobes and luxury ensuite.
- Bathroom Specification - Four en-suite bathrooms plus a luxury family bathroom.
- Gardens - Seven acres of gardens and grounds including a paddock with stables, formal gardens and lawn, terrace overlooking swimming pool and pool house. Triple garage and two storey annexe.
- Services - Oil fired heating, electricity, and water. There is a treatment plant located in the paddocks that serves the sewerage.
- Broadband - Super fast available.
- Technology - Fully alarmed. Electric gates.
- EPC - Rating H.
- Tenure - Freehold.