Mr Clarke thinks :
This is the most beautiful and private home. We want to live here forever.
Virtually, Your Home: book a virtual viewing now. Contact Ben for more details.
The Hey House is one of the finest homes in the West Midlands. This expansive country house has everything the discerning family could dream of. From 7000+sq foot of stylish internal space, seven acres of garden and grounds with precious and private, uninterrupted views across the Warwickshire countryside, to the swimming pool, equestrian facilities and detached garaging and apartment - this is a wonderful place to call home.
Positioned on Lapworth Street in the hugely sought after village of Lapworth, the house offers style, luxury and absolute privacy. The village has always been seen as “the place” to move to for those wanting country air, the trappings of village life as well as being close to smart urban hot spots like Solihull and Leamington Spa, coupled with incredible ease of access to Birmingham, London and the world via Birmingham International Airport.
Mrs Clarke loves :
Swimming pool, stables and style - this is what a dream house is made up of.
The grand entrance is befitting of the property and as the gates swing open and you drive along the tree lined driveway, The Hey House comes into view in its full glory. Despite the sheer enormity of the house, there is a calm and homely feel as you park up and breathe in the bucolic setting.
Head inside and you are greeted with a wonderful sense of light, space and style. The eye is immediately drawn through the stunning, galleried entrance hall, beyond the grand piano and out across the garden and countryside which lies in wait. The quality of the property is evident everywhere you look, matched only by the quality of the vistas on offer - particularly to the rear of the house.
The downstairs is divided into a mix of vast open plan spaces like the kitchen and formal living room, as well as intimate private rooms like the drawing room, or the garden room overlooking the pool and terrace. There is also a boot room, a utility and a gym; all the needs of a modern family are accounted for here.
Upstairs you find five large double bedrooms, five bathrooms, a dressing room and an office. The Master suite boasts its own further dressing room and stunning en-suite bathroom. For the growing family, there is the 'teenage suite' - a self-contained and separately accessible arrangement of two large double bedrooms, a living area for playing, entertaining or relaxing, as well as a bathroom.
Outside is effortlessly accessed from garden room, with its glorious arched windows, or from the living room. The children can run in and out from the swimming pool in the summer months and adults can sit on the huge, split level terracing or in the Breeze House and enjoy the peace. The pool house is ideal for hosting parties, barbecues or just relaxing after a busy day.
Separate, but adjacent to the front of the main property, is a three car garage, workshop and bike store with remote controlled doors. Above this and accessed by a side entrance is a self contained studio with living area, kitchenette and bathroom, perfect for weekend visitors.
There is a stable block for several horses, separately accessible from Lapworth Street and nestled in a paddock perfect for practising dressage or just looking after a faithful old pony.
This is a very special home.
- Design Features : Oak staircase, arched windows, grand fixtures & fittings.
- Original Character : Luxurious yet homely, this home frames all of the surrounding vistas beautifully. The setting and interiors marry together perfectly.
- Three words : Stylish. Grand. Home.
Our favourite part
The views from the garden room. Gaze across the private paddock and sweeping countryside beyond anytime of day.
Lapworth has everything a village should have.
Lapworth is a great village tucked away in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside. But it's certainly not remote. In fact we think it is better connected than most places in England. You could be jetting off to warmer climes from Birmingham airport, which is only 20 minutes away, zipping along to London from Lapworth Station or zooming down the M40 quicker than Mrs Clarke can say "supper's ready". If it is Birmingham you are wanting to get to then Lapworth station runs regular services to all Birmingham stations.
The school is very sought after and mums are queuing up to get the little ones enrolled. After drop off they head to The Virgin Active for some pilates. "There is a great network of people in the village. Lapworth has a really friendly community."
That's the boring stuff done! Did I mention there are three pubs? Mr and Mrs Clarke's favourite is The Boot. "The beer is delicious and the food is wonderful. George, the very handsome Manager recommends the annual bonfire "It's a must see. The teepee in the back garden is great for a fancy party."
Lapworth is surrounded by stunning countryside and some lovely National Trust properties. The cycling around the area is fantastic and with Dynamic Rides, a great cycle shop in Hockley Heath, there is always someone to jump on the saddle with.
"We love Lapworth because it's so friendly. Everyone says hello when you are walking the dogs along the canal and it's just a really pretty and safe place to live" said a well heeled and well dressed gentleman when we last popped into the village for a bottle of wine the pop shop.
You are close to lots of little hubs like Hockley Heath, which has a McLaren garage if you fancy a new car, a great fish and chip shop, a superb Indian restaurant, and a dry cleaners. Henley-in-Arden for great ice cream, Warwick, Solihull, Leamington and Kenilworth. It's a well connected place to live.
Lapworth is located between Warwick and Solihull. It boasts not one but three pubs, a cricket club and a train to London & Birmingham. That must be why Mr Clarke loves it.
- Closest village/town: Lapworth
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Lapworth Stores run by one of the nicest shop keepers you will ever meet, DJ.
- Supermarket: Waitrose in Kenilworth is only fifteen minutes away or Tesco is in Shirey. Hockley Heath has Steve Mills butchers and a few shops for the necessities.
- Pubs: Lots of them. The Boot is superb, The Tom O' The Wood is wonderful & The Navigation does some very good ales and then there is the glam Punch Bowl.
- Walks: Endless walking along the canal or in the countryside.
- Kitchen Details - Open plan kitchen / dining area with Aga, marble floor and underfloor heating with a bespoke maple kitchen with granite work surface and sub zero fridge freezer.
- Living Rooms - Three reception rooms including formal living room, sitting room / music room and garden room, utility and boot room with marble flooring and underfloor heating which leads to a purpose built gymnasium.
- Sleeping Spaces - Six double bedrooms, four of which have ensuite facilities including two with Jacuzzi baths and with two bedrooms benefitting from a shared family / sitting room. The master suite provides view s to the rear gardens and includes a large dressing area with fitted wardrobes and luxury ensuite.
- Bathroom Specification - Four en-suite bathrooms plus a luxury family bathroom.
- Gardens - Seven acres of gardens and grounds including a paddock with stables, formal gardens and lawn, terrace overlooking swimming pool and pool house. Triple garage and two storey annexe.
- Services - Oil fired heating, electricity, and water. There is a treatment plant located in the paddocks that serves the sewerage.
- Broadband - Super fast available.
- Technology - Fully alarmed. Electric gates.
- EPC - Rating H.
- Tenure - Freehold.