Mr Clarke likes :
The high quality finish throughout the home
This new bungalow sits on a quiet and friendly close in Knowle. The property has been designed and built to the highest standards and the result is a spacious and stylish home. There are three double bedrooms, a stunning open plan kitchen/dining/living room, two bathrooms, utility room and a garage. The garden is a private and peaceful retreat and there is parking for several cars.
From the moment you walk into the vast entrance hall you appreciate that this is special home. The architect floods the space with natural light by installing roof lights and making rooms generous in size. The full width glazed doors in the main living room frame the garden and allow daylight in. At night all you need to do is press a button and the blinds come down and the home becomes a cosy sanctuary.
The main living room is a sociable space where family and friends can be together. The kitchen is cleverly designed to include lots of storage and plenty of work surface for even the most ambitious home cook. There is a breakfast bar for relaxed dining or a cup of tea first thing on a morning, or a space for a dining table for evening meals. The living area is perfect for relaxing on the sofa. Swing the doors open and there is an effortless connection onto the patio and the lawn beyond.
The location offers the best of both worlds - quiet as well close to everything you need. Lightwood Close is a wonderful place to call home. Everyone is friendly and there is a real sense if community. However, you are minutes from Knowle in one direction and Solihull in the other. There is a bus stop across the road and the golf club is within walking distance.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The open plan kitchen and beautiful garden
There are three great bedrooms in the home. The Master bedroom boasts oodles of space and an en-suite shower room. The second bedroom is large enough for a King bed and storage. The third bedroom is a double bedroom or it makes a super study.
As well as being a very stylish home, it is also very practical - a single garage with internal door into the utility room, side access, large driveway and a garden shed. These practicalities please Mr Clarke very much!
This is a very special home and we look forward to showing you around.
- Style : Modern home full of light and space
- Highlights : Brand new home with well designed and spacious interior
- Three words : Spacious. Stylish. Bungalow.
Our favourite part
The kitchen and living room are worthy of an interior design magazine.
A modern town with charm
Knowle is a charming town steeped in history and full of busy modern life. There are a whole host of uber cool bars, cafes, restaurants and shops and just about all the amenities you could wish for. Not to mention the tip top and seriously sort after schools, both private and state options.
There is plenty to keep kids entertained from scouts and guides, drama and tennis clubs, cricket, golf and football teams and every activity in between. The yummy mummies love coffee (or maybe the gin) at Oktagon and the friendly vibe and stunning goods at The Bread Collection. The chaps now have The Ale Rooms, a new craft beer hangout for the discerning drinker. Knowle is no longer just a High Street...
There are some lovely canal-side walks to help you blow out the cobwebs after work or if you just fancy a long Sunday ramble. Mrs Clarke loves the fact that she can brunch with friends in one of the lovely cafes before they set off for a brisk walk to burn off the calories.
Car, Bus and Rail Transport connections are excellent. Knowle is just minutes away from the
Midlands Motorway Network with the M42 having links to the M1, M5, M6 and the M40, 1.5 miles from Dorridge Train Station and 6 miles from Birmingham Airport. Solihull is a mere 10 minute drive for retail therapy heaven.
A bustling High Street, a cracking Artisan Boulangerie, a super cool Gin Bar and National Trust walks on your doorstep. What more could you ask for?
- Closest village/town: Dorridge and Lapworth
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: The Bread Collection for Artisan bread, fine pastries and fabulous filter coffee
- Supermarket: Tesco Metro and just 3.5 miles from Waitrose, Solihull darling
- Pubs: Oktogon, Ale Rooms and The Vault
- Walks: National Houses: Baddesley Clinton or Packwood House are both a great stroll from Knowle or if you fancy a canalside walk, there’s Knowle Locks just an 11 minute walk from the High Street.
- Next door (no. 2 Lightwood Close) is also for sale with the Agent.
- OPEN PLAN KITCHEN / LIVING / DINING ROOM -- 26' 2" x 23' 3" (8.00mm x 7.09m) -- Bosch oven with warming drawer, Neff induction hob, Luxair extractor, Bosch combination microwave, Hotpoint fridge freezer, Bosch dishwasher, wine cooler
- UTILITY ROOM 6' 11" x 6' 7" (2.13m x 2.03m)
- MASTER BEDROOM -- 15' 3" x 12' 9" (4.67m x 3.91m) with EN-SUITE
- BEDROOM TWO -- 10' 5" x 9' 3" (3.20m x 2.82m)
- BEDROOM THREE/STUDY -- 11' 1" x 9' 0" (3.39m x 2.75m)
- GARAGE -- with internal door
- GARDEN -- South facing with patio and lawn. Shed. Side access.
- LOFT SPACE -- Boarded with ladder, lighting and power
- BROADBAND -- BT or Virgin Media Superfast Fibre Optic
- SERVICES -- Mains gas, electricity and water on a meter
- TENURE -- Freehold
- COUNCIL TAX -- Band E