Mr Clarke thinks :
The quality of the home is exceptional. Everything is immaculate.
This beautifully proportioned five-bedroom house occupies a quiet location in the sought-after village of Chadwick End. A complete top-to-bottom renovation of the three-storey property and garden was recently undertaken and the results are stunning. High-quality materials, fixtures and fittings have been used throughout to create a light, calm, Scandinavian-influenced interior. There is also a secluded, split-zoned rear garden with space for entertaining, playing and relaxing under the pockets of fruit trees. The village location is excellent, with Knowle & Dorridge within five minutes in one direction and Warwick & Leamington within 15 minutes in the other. Stroll to The Orange Tree in the time it takes to make a cup of tea.
A bright entrance hallway leads through to arguably the most impressive space in the house; an open-plan kitchen/dining room, with glass doors and a window looking out to the garden. Wide ceramic herringbone heated flooring runs underfoot and the sleek white units are topped with stylish Spanish Silestone work-surfaces. The cleverly designed and fitted, custom seating booth is flooded with natural light from the apex roof lantern. There is lots of hidden storage, two Great British Bake Off inspired Neff hide and slide pyrolytic ovens, 5-hob gas cooker and ceiling mounted extractor. The kitchen seamlessly pairs functionality with a simple, clean aesthetic.
The layout on each floor has been cleverly conceived, with every inch of space put to good use. The main lounge is centred around a beautiful cast-iron log burner with oak mantelpiece above and custom-built log storage and bookcase. The second reception room is set up as a dining room for entertaining but could be used as a playroom or sitting room. The long utility, with freestanding Bosch washing machine and tumble dryer, integrated dishwasher and separate sink allows everything to be hidden away and kept neat and tidy. There is also a downstairs cloakroom for extra convenience.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The kitchen is stunning - the parquet floor, chic units and the built in window seat. Love!
Five bedrooms are arranged over the first and second floors. On the first floor there are four bedrooms, one with en-suite including his and hers sinks and a huge 1.8m shower cubicle with drench shower fitting. The vast quad wardrobes provide excellent storage. The other generous double looks out over the garden. The single room is perfect as a nursery, whilst a further bedroom provides the perfect home office and the whole house is hard-wired for home-working. A family bathroom on the first floor is more like a spa, with hydro bath and separate shower.
The top floor is a well considered and stunning loft conversion with bespoke dormer windows to further maximise space. There is a shower room too, effectively serving as an en-suite, plus cavernous loft storage space too. The perfect spot for peace and quiet for a good night's sleep.
The beautifully secluded garden is split into two zones - the large patio leading onto low maintenance artificial grass and densely planted vibrant privet hedge and borders is perfect for entertaining and playing. The other garden "room" is laid to lawn with combined shed/summer house. The garden is flush with pockets of fruit trees. At the front of the house there is a large gravelled drive bounded with maturing plants and finished with reclaimed granite cobbles.
- Design Features : Luxury finish throughout.
- Three words : Stunning. Quality. Home.
Our favourite part
The perfect village location.
Nestled in the heart of the Warwickshire countryside sits Chadwick End
Luxurious country living is how we describe the idylic village of Chadwick End.
Whilst feeling like you are in the middle of the countryside, far from the madding crowd, you are actually so well connected that you could be in London in under two hours, Birmingham in thirty minutes or Geneva in three hours thirty minutes. Whatever your mode of transport the choice is there - M40, M42, M6, M1, Warwick Parkway and Dorridge train stations and the excellent Birmingham International Airport are close by.
Education is outstanding - Solihull School, St Martins, the Warwick and Leamington Independent schools and Bromsgrove are all close. Arden is an exceptional state option. Local primaroes include Lapworth (it's wonderful) and Ferncumbe.
Never mind the boring stuff… what’s happening around Chadwick End? Mr Clarke can often be found in the fabulous Orange Tree pub. Mrs Clarke quite likes it too although she usually heads to the Michelin starred restaurant Peel's at Hampton Manor when she has a spare moment. A little closer to home you also find The Boot in Lapworth or The Tom O' The Wood in Rowington.
Shopping and cultural hubs are in every direction: Birmingham, Leamington Spa, Warwick, Solihull and Stratford-upon-Avon are all close enough to go shopping, grab a coffee or head to the cinema.
Neighbours are an eclectic mix of the rich, the powerful, the famous and the farmers. It makes for a great atmosphere in the pubs and local shops.
Private and Exclusive
- Closest village/town: Knowle, Dorridge and Lapworth are moments away
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: The deli at The Bread Collection, Knowle is like food shopping in Milan.
- Supermarket: We do Ocado around here darling! Or Waitrose in Solihull or Sainsburys in Dorridge
- Pubs: The Orange Tree is superb and very stylish - pizza, prosecco & posh pint kind of pub. Perfect.
- Walks: Join the NT (you know if you know) and walk around Baddesley Clinton or Packwood - then have a cup of tea.
- Kitchen Details: 2 x Neff, hide and slide pyrolytic ovens, Neff large 5 burner hob with ceiling mounted integrated extractor, Spanish Silestone worktop, very large island with under mounted sink, fitted custom seating booth underneath apex roof lantern with hidden storage.
- Downstairs: Long utility with freestanding Bosch washing machine and tumble dryer, integrated dishwasher and separate sink for laundry all leading into downstairs WC. Lounge with log burner with oak mantle piece and custom log storage with book shelves above. Large separate dining room perfect for entertaining up to 10 people.
- Bedrooms: Split over 2 floors. At first floor level there are 2 large double bedrooms (one with en-suite his and hers sinks and huge 1.8m shower cubicle, and quad wardrobes) and another generous double overlooking garden. Generous single and smaller bedroom used as home office. Top floor huge double set in part of the loft conversion with bespoke dormer windows to further maximise usable space, shower room as en-suite.
- Bathroom Specs: Family bathroom with hydro bath and separate shower cubicle with fully tiled boxing with integrated basin and toilet with push flush.
- Furnishings: All furnishings can be included (like the huge Sofology sofa) TBC.
- Garden: Front half large patio leading onto low maintenance artificial grass and densely planted vibrant borders. Turfed to rear half with combined shed/summer house.
- Technology: Full CAT5e cabling to every bedroom, kitchen and lounge, full rear garden irrigation system.
- Tenure: Freehold.