Mr Clarke likes :
The great location and the large bedrooms
Positioned in the heart of Dickens Heath this spacious and stylish house is laid out over three floors and boasts a large open-plan living, dining room, four great sized bedrooms, two bathrooms and a laundry. There are two private and secure car parking spaces and a pretty courtyard overlooking a stunning garden square.
On the ground floor there is a large living room framed by French doors leading out to the courtyard. The windows fill the well proportioned space with natural light. An open-plan dining area and kitchen is perfect for the whole family to be together to catch up on the days events. The addition of Canadian oak parquet flooring through the ground floor and the neutral palette create a calming atmosphere. The long and wide entrance hall leads to under stairs storage and a recently tiled WC and cloakroom.
The layout of the first floor has been cleverly reconfigured to include two large bedrooms a stylish bathroom and a laundry room (no more running downstairs on a morning to find a clean pair of socks!). The vast Master bedroom has lots of storage and space for dressing area.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The sociable living room and open plan layout of the ground floor
Two more big bedrooms are on the top floor sharing a bathroom, both have excellent floor space and built in storage. These would make ideal children’s rooms, guest rooms or a study. The flexibility of the top floor allows new owners to grow into the home.
There are two outside spaces - the first is a south facing, block paved terrace, which is bathed in afternoon sun and perfect for alfresco dining or a Sunday morning cup of tea. The second area is the private garden square where children can play or adults can meet for a summer drink or impromptu barbecue.
There are two allocated secure underground car park spaces or if you prefer two wheels there is ample cycle storage.
- Style : Stunning home worthy of the pages of an interior design magazine
- Lifestyle : Sociable famiy living in the heart of a vibrant village
- Two Words : Spacious. Stylish.
Our favourite part
The downstairs has space and style. It is a wonderful home for a family that likes to entertain.
A village with the lot
The clever band of developers that designed Dickens Heath were having a good day when they sat down and drew up their plans, there was some seriously good blue sky thinking going on in that meeting. Pretty houses, stylish apartments, lots of amenities, plenty of green space, waterways to wander along on a Sunday afternoon, close to Solihull and near transport links. This is possibly the perfect place to live...
Let's start in the middle of the village. Main Street provides your everyday necessities and more - a posh pub/ wine bar (a necessity in our book!) that serves up lovely pizzas, is child friendly during the day but also somewhere to let your hair down on a Friday night. A cafe for the daily latte. Pharmacist, doctors, supermarket etc etc. There is even a village hall with everything from Zumba to baby ballet.
It is the vibe of Dickens Heath that we love so much. Everyone is so friendly. Walking along the manicured streets people won't pass you without a nod, a smile or a "top of the morning to you!" kind of greeting. It's as though you have become a local by just being there.
You are minutes from the fabulous town of Solihull where you can shop at Waitrose darling, have a coffee at Joe & The Juice and get some serious retail therapy at John Lewis, Zara and every other High Street favourite fashion house you could dream of.
Well connected? Whitlock's End is your nearest station where you can be whizzing off to Birmingham Moor Street. From Solihull or Dorridge you can jump on a train and be in London Marylebone in an hour and 40 mins to two hours. If driving is more your style you can be in Birmingham in thirty minutes or zooming down the M40, M5 or M1 within five minutes.
Schools Primaries: The Dickens Heath Primary School was rated “good” by Ofsted.
- Closest village/town: Earlswood, Lapworth and Dorridge are on your doorstep
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Belushi for the stylish gent
- Supermarket: Tesco Express will have all of those essentials you forget during the weekly big shop
- Pubs: Mortons is a trendy pub where you will be drawn to like a magnet to the fridge
- Walks: Along the canal to clear the head after a night at Mortons
- Kitchen -- Nobila kitchen with a range of wood effect fronted wall and base mounted units and contrasting work surfaces. Integrated appliances inc fan assisted oven, gas hob with extractor over, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and second fridge.
- Open plan dining room and living room
- Cloak room and under stairs storage
- First Floor -- Master bedroom with Jack and Jill bathroom (Porcelanosa suite comprises a low level WC, pedestal wash hand basin and panelled bath with power shower. Tiling to floor and walls, integrated vanity mirror and heated towel rail), second bedroom and laundry room
- Top Floor -- Two bedrooms with Jack and Jill bathroom (as bathroom on first floor)
- Private courtyard garden
- Residents only garden square
- Two car-parking spaces in secure parking area
- Lease -- 999 lease (990 years remaining)
- Ground Rent -- £138 per annum
- Service Charge -- (2018) £816 per annum
- Services -- Mains water, electricity and gas
- Nest thermostat, 3x Nest Protect smoke and C02 alarms hard wired on all floors
- ADSL2 and Infinity Broadband. Hyperopic 1GB finer 5G is available soon
- Please note that all areas, measurements and distances given in these particulars are approximate and rounded. The text, photographs and floor plans are for general guidance only. Mr & Mrs Clarke ltd. has not tested any services, appliances or specific fittings — prospective purchasers are advised to inspect the property themselves. All fixtures, fittings and furniture not specifically itemised within these particulars are deemed removable by the vendor.