The Gables is an impressive home that oozes style and space. Set over three storeys this house provides everything you can want from a family home - there are three beautiful reception rooms downstairs, as well as a large kitchen and a utility room. There are four double bedrooms and three bathrooms. The home has been recently refurbished with lots of design features and beautiful decoration. At the front of the home is a large gated driveway with a big double garage. At the back of the property is a lovely garden. The location is ideal for the discerning family and we are looking forward to showing people around. Mallards Way is in a great spot - next to wide open green spaces, minutes from the train station, in the catchment of highly rated schools and a stroll from shops and pubs. The atmosphere is so friendly and it is easy to see why Bicester is such a wonderful place for the modern family to call home. We love the amount of space in and around the house. There is an effortless flow between the large reception rooms, each of which has its own use and style. There are great entertaining spaces in the lounge and dining room and more intimate and cosy spaces in the conservatory and snug. The kitchen is large enough for the whole family to be together and we can imagine this is where everyone would congregate for the house warming party! The Master Bedroom is probably our favourite room. It is a large, bright room that has fantastic aspects across the fields. There is a big, modern en-suite with high end finishes inc. double sinks and double shower. It more like a boutique hotel than a normal house.The second bedroom is a large double room with separate built in wardrobe area and a vast en-suite bathroom. There is a lovely aspect out onto front garden and Langford fields, making this room perfect as a guest bedroom. On the second floor you find two double bedrooms both with dormer windows and views out onto the front garden and Langford fields. There are double built in wardrobes within both rooms and a shared en-suite bathroom. This floor is perfect as a children only floor as they have their own rooms, bathroom and a large landing that can be used as a computer area/ study or play room. To the side of the kitchen there is a door leading to a smart utility room and then you head out to the garden - and what a great garden it is. The Summer House is a great space to sit and entertain family and friends, there is a patio with childrens play area, established borders with several beautiful trees including a willow and a eucalyptus. It is a perfect space for playing and relaxing. Every family has lots and lots of stuff that has to be stored somewhere - bikes, wetsuits, tools, wine! What you need is a double garage and, of course, The Gables has one with up and over doors, electricity points and lots of storage space.The Gables is a truly great home. There is space and charm, it is beautifully and thoughtfully appointed and there is a warm homely feel. Will it be your next home? Advert 4: The downstairs has lots of rooms with lots of uses. A cosy snug for movie night and a big dining room for Sunday lunch.
Our favourite part
The downstairs has lots of rooms with lots of uses. A cosy snug for movie night and a big dining room for Sunday lunch.
More than just shopping
In our opinion Bicester is the best connected place in the UK. You are only a short distance to the Cotswold’s and chilterns and within commuting distance to Oxford, Milton Keynes, Reading and London. Bicester village train station with direct links to London (only 44 mins away) and Oxford (14 mins away). The M40 is close by to whizz you to Birmingham or London. But Bicester is more than a commuter hot spot.
Let's start with shopping - who can resist a couple of hours browsing the boutiques at Bicester Village followed by Lunch at Soho House? There are also lots of normal shops and amenities in town.
The schools are cracking, you have Langford Primary School, which has a ‘Good’ Ofsted rating. There are two secondary schools and plans for a third as part of the new Kingsmere estate. Several excellent private primary schools and also nearby including Beachborough in Westbury, nr Brackley and Winchester House in Brackely. Secondary private schools include Bloxham and Stowe
The Nightingale Pub is is a belter of a boozer. Bicester also has many excellent pubs and restaurants including, The Muddy Duck in Hethe, The Trigger Pond in Bucknell and Thirteen in Bicester.
There is also find the medical centre, a 7/11 Tesco, a Chinese restaurant, pharmacy and excellent community coffee shop, FLTR.
Bicester and the local area has many attractions. On our doorstep the Langford park is extremely popular for dog walkers and families alike to stroll around, visit the many playgrounds and the two lakes. Nearby Bicester has the new Pioneer centre with a Vue cinema, shops and restaurants including Prezzo, Nandos and Wildwood. Slightly further afield are Stoke Woods, Waddesdon Manor (national trust site of the Rothschild Family) and Blenheim.
Bicester Hotel, Golf and Spa is only 10 mins drive away and offers a fantastic golf course, spa facilities, plus childcare facilities. You should join.
The loveliest of communities
- Closest village/town: Hethe is lovely
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: More than you could dream of!
- Supermarket: A big Tesco that is open all the time
- Pubs: The Nightingale is a cracker
- Walks: Langford park is extremely popular for dog walkers and families alike to stroll around
- Completely refurbished throughout with new, fresh modern décor
- 2,228 sq. ft / 207 sq. m across three floors
- Modern, stylish kitchen updated in 2010. Includes oak finish across kitchen and utility with chrome fitted handles and black granite work surfaces and upstands. Halogen downlighters and LED floor lights. Neutral tiling throughout with underfloor heating across the kitchen and utility. Appliances include integrated fridge / freezer, dishwasher, Miele induction hob and extractor.
- Large lounge with double aspect to garden front and back, including large fireplace with gas coal effect fire
- Large dining room, able to fit 6-seater table with aspect out onto front garden and fields. Includes underfloor heating
- Large conservatory with dining area and family snug. Includes underfloor heating
- Large front hall with easy flow into main rooms
- First Floor: Large master bedroom with double aspect of front and rear garden and dressing area with a double and single wardrobe one side and double the other. Second large double bedroom with separate built in wardrobe area (within ensuite)
- Second Floor: Two double bedrooms both with dormer windows and views out onto the front garden and Langford fields. Double built in wardrobes within both rooms
- Underfloor heating across all tiled areas (en suites, kitchen, conservatory)
- Gated driveway with double garage
- Large rear garden
- Postcode -- OX26 6WT
- Tenure -- Freehold