Mr Clarke thinks :
The loft room could be a great escape for the kids…but I reckon I’ll set up shop there instead.
Once two flats, this family home. Has been given a glamorous makeover. It’s filled with fun, open plan layouts, amazing views and contemporary interiors. This home is so unique in its design but also it’s positioning - it’s private whilst being open and airy.
Usually we would start from the bottom up with a house tour, however the converted loft room is stunning. The space and calm ambience are mentionable, however the floor to ceiling picture window boasts magnificent views over Mill Gardens which is the true wow factor. There’s another double bedroom here which would be great for a teenager who is lucky enough to have their own floor.
The moment you arrive at Marlborough Road’s original stained glass front door, you’ll notice that this is a well thought out and loved home. Nothing has been spared. When asked what it’s like to live here, the current homeowners answer was “it’s a pleasure!”
The light is particularly beautiful downstairs, with the help of the open plan living space. A colourful kitchen is the heart of a home - it’s where the party always starts. It couldn’t do it without the help of the pantry. “I always knew that creating the pantry would be essential and I love it,” says the current homeowner. The kitchen island comes into its own at gatherings, it’s always filled with a grazing platter, but it’s equally as nice to sit at in the evenings to cook (or be cooked for) and enjoy a glass of wine. It’s incredibly practical and the yellow Fired Earth tiles give it a pop of warmth.
The gorgeous reclaimed etched glass doors allow you to close off the living room next-door and make it a snug cwtch, or they can stay open to make this a flowing break out space. The lounge is cute and cosy, and feels like a place you can hibernate to over the chillier months with the fireplace.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The colourful interiors reflect the positive energy in this home!
The rear garden is designed as another living space. The astro turf allows kids to run in and out all year with no muddy feet, and the outdoor kitchen makes the garden perfect for entertaining. There’s a gas barbecue with spit roast grill and lots of other outdoor storage space to maintain the cool, calm and collected vibe. At night, you can control the LED lights via your phone which is always a talking point.
On the middle floor you’ll find four large bedrooms. You could always use one for a home office, or a children’s den if the loft room is for adults only. The main bedroom is beautifully bright and immaculate. It hosts an en suite with his and hers sink, as well as a walk in wardrobe which is super handy. Moroccan style feature floor and a statement chandelier sets the scene in the family bathroom across the hall. It’s the perfect place to soak away the day. Welcome home.
- Three words : Cool. Calm. Stylish.
Our favourite part
The mixture of rooms. You can be entertaining, relaxing and working all under one roof.
Village feel in the suburbs of Cardiff
Penylan has an almost village like vibe going on with everything you need right on your doorstep. If you are looking to live near the city but with a quieter more relaxed village vibe, this tree-lined area is perfect. Turning off the main road, magnificent weeping willows command your gaze as well as other pockets of green space. Roath Mill Gardens is a highlight in all seasons. A stones throw from uber trendy Penylan’s institution, Waterloo Gardens Teahouse, there’s a new bike rack which is great for all the family! Leading from here are Waterloo Gardens, which for over 100 years, has been a meeting point for the local dog set and families alike.
Cardiff is truly an incredible city full of arts, crafts, shopping arcades and so much more. It's only a short journey away to the centre which is perfect for those who want to work and play in the hub of everything. There's always new things popping up, and places to see. If you want a day trip away though, you can be on the M4 through Newport onto Bristol...or London or Swansea in minutes!
Personality and charm
- Closest village/town: Close to the centre of creative Cardiff
- Supermarket: The highstreet has everything you need and more!
- Pubs: Wellfield road is the foodie (and drinks) heaven
- Walks: Endless green spaces for everyone to enjoy
- Living Room: Solid wood floor, uPVC double glazed bay window to front, original ceiling coving, radiator, wood fire surround, stripped glass panel wood double doors to Kitchen.
- Kitchen / Dining Area: Solid wood floor continued. Fitted kitchen with matching wall and base units, contrasting yellow tiled splash back, inset stainless steel sink, central island with breakfast bar, integral fridge, high level windows, double glazed sliding patio doors, built in shelving.
- Utility Room: Ample space for utilities and large fridge freezer, fitted oven, wall units.
- Garden: Secure, enclosed garden with porcelain tiled patio, artificial lawn, plant borders, 3 sheds & garden kitchen area. Outside tap, side access via gate, LED outside lighting.
- Decor: Farrow and ball paints Mandarin stone and fired earth tiles. Zoffany & designers guild paints. Porcelain tiles in the garden.
- Technology: Wireless music system. LED outside garden lighting system controlled remotely.
- Tenure: Freehold.