Middlefield is a stunning country home with a long and interesting history. The house today is a luxurious, modern property with lots of style and lots of space. The moment you walk in you get a sense that this is a happy home and there is a calm atmosphere created by the bucolic setting, gently landscaped gardens and the tasteful interior. Everything about the property is immaculate and we are looking forward to showing you around. Tanners Green is a quiet spot with a friendly community. Although neatly tucked away and beautifully secluded, you are actually within minutes from a train station that will whizz you into Birmingham, and within easy reach of Solihull and motorway links. The only noise when you are sat in the garden is the distant thwack of a golf ball from the neighbouring golf club or the birds tweeting from the branches of the oak trees. Inside the property you find a mix of open plan spaces and intimate private rooms. The modern country style, open-plan kitchen is the beating heart of the home and the whole family can be together. The French doors allow effortless access to the stunning garden and the clever design creates a light filled space. We adore the Welsh slate floors and the warmth that resonates from the reclaimed pine cabinetry. There are three reception rooms downstairs - something for everyone. At the front of the house is a large formal living room with views across both the front and back gardens. The open fire adds a cosy touch and there is space for sofas, chairs and lots of friends. Along the hallway and across the stunning 1920's parquet floor you come to the dining room where you find another beautiful fireplace and lovely views to the front of the property. This is a great flexible space, which could be a dining room, playroom or a study. The third reception room is a lounge with yet another wonderful fireplace and French doors out to the garden. This room is great for kids to watch TV or adults to retreat to after a long day with a book and a large drink. Middlefield is certainly not style over substance - this is a very practical home. There is a large utility, a garage, shed, dog kennel and spaces tucked behind walls to store wood, tools and the bins. On the ground floor you find a large bedroom with en-suite shower room, which is currently set up as an office. This would be great as a guest bedroom, for a Granny or as a teenagers room. Upstairs there are three great bedrooms - the Master suite is a vast space that reminds us of a boutique Cotswolds hotel because of the exposed beams, big space, dressing area and luxury bathroom. The second bedroom is a similar size and has lots of room for storage, desk, sofa and dressing area. The third bedroom is a single room but what it lacks in size it makes up for in atmosphere and views. The family bathroom is fully tiled and has a bath and shower. Advert 4: The garden is simply divine.
Our favourite part
The garden is simply divine.
The Semi Rural Dream
We are looking for a family home in a semi-rural location. If we had a pound for every time someone called us and said this, Mrs Clarke would be sitting on a deckchair with her Jimmy Choos up. We understand this aspiration, the idea of a large house, on a quiet lane, surrounded by the beautiful British countryside but close enough to a Costa Coffee and a motorway is the modern family's idea of perfection. Well, Earlswood and the pretty village of Tidbury Green could be the holy (semi-rural) grail. You are tucked away in a lovely part of Warwickshire, there is a church, a pub and a farm shop. People stop to say "hi" on the morning dog walk and you can be in Solihull in ten minutes.
Let’s get down to some details. Schools? You have St Patrick’s which is rated as Outstanding, Tidbury Green, is a good school and highly regarded. Then there are Grammar options in Stratford and some top private schools in Solihull. Mums and dads are spoilt for choice.
So it is pretty, the schools are good but what about the 3 Ps? (Pubs, People and Pastimes). A tick for each. There are five pubs close enough to walk to. There is a busy local community with a golf club, football and cricket club, sailing and water sports at Earlswood lakes and a friendly Parish Church. Our favourite place though has to be Earlswood Garden Centre. This is no ordinary garden centre. Firstly you have a cafe run by the fabulous Wedges, where you will be served the finest breakfast on the planet. The dog can get a groom, there is a great selection of shops in the centre and even a barbers.
When it comes to accessing towns and urban hubs, you are just a hop across a field or two. Here are the stats… The closest train station is Wythall which is 5-10 minute walk and can be in Stratford and Birmingham in less than 30 minutes. M40 (J3A) 2 miles away and (J16) 5 miles, Hockley Heath 4.5 miles, Henley in Arden 6 miles, Solihull 7.5 miles, Birmingham city centre 12.5 miles & Stratford upon Avon 19 miles. Birmingham International Airport twenty minutes away.
Welcome to semi-rural wonderland.
The only traffic is caused by tractors
- Closest village/town: Hockley Heath & Dickens Heath
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: The Co-Op in Earlswood is great for the newspaper and a pint of milk. Select & Save is super close for Tidbury Green
- Supermarket: Waitrose in Solihull darling.
- Pubs: The Bulls Head is a great local boozer & Tidbury Green Farm is due in 2019
- Walks: Endless dog walking in the countryside or around The Lakes
- Downstairs -- Entrance hall, Lounge with open fire and double aspect windows. Dining room, also with open fire. Snug room with wood burning stove. Large dining kitchen. Utility room. 4th reception/4th bedroom (currently used as study). Downstairs toilet and shower room.
- Upstairs -- 2 large double bedrooms, both with excellent views over the golf course. 1 single bedroom with fitted wardrobe, dressing table/desk, book case and window seat with views over open fields. Master bedroom benefits from an open fire and exposed beam and has a dressing room with fitted wardrobes and an ensuite. Main bathroom is fully tiled and has electric shower with screen over the bath. En-suite has slipper bath, separate quadrant shower (shower cubicle and floor tiling recently replaced).
- Outside -- Landscaped gardens surround the house with a gravel driveway leading to a detached garage.
- What's new -- The property has been fully renovated inc. New interiors throughout. New boiler. Extensions. All the windows are double glazed hard wood replicas of the original windows.
- Character -- The lounge, dining room and hallway all retain the original herringbone parquet flooring laid in the 1920’s. In the master bedroom there are exposed beams that forms part of the A frame of the house. Deep skirting boards and architraves typical of the era and restoration of open fires in the lounge, dining room and master bedroom and a wood burning stove in the snug room.
- Kitchen features -- granite worktops and a large number of reclaimed pine fitted units. There are 2 freezers concealed within a breakfront dresser, an integral fridge, an electric Leisure Range cooker with extractor hood over, a Belfast sink and an integral dishwasher. Washing machine, tumble dryer and boiler are all housed in the utility room. The floor is welsh slate, which has been regularly re-sealed every 2 years.
- Tenure -- Freehold
- Postcode & Directions - Sat Nav - B47 6BH. At Fulford Heath Golf head down the private road to the end where you will see a Mr & Mrs Clarke For Sale board at the property
- Services -- Oil powered central heating and hot water. Mains electricity, water, drainage.