Mr Clarke thinks :
I can walk to the village pub. Where do I sign?
145 Mill Lane is a treasure trove of a home that has fantastic living spaces, big bedrooms, a garden, a garage and a basement. From the front, 145 Mill Lane is as pretty as a picture. It is a four-storey Victorian semi-detached property that dates back to 1896. There is lots of character and plenty of charm. You may think that inside will be small, but you will be pleasantly surprised to find a light and spacious home. There is a cosy front room that has a big bay window and an open fire. It is a great spot for curling up and watching TV. There are floor to ceiling book shelves and plenty of space for sofas. Carry on down the hall and it is into the big open plan kitchen with French doors and roof lights. It a great family space where everyone can be at one whilst doing their own thing. The kitchen can be kept neat and tidy because there is a utility room and downstairs WC at the back of the ground floor.I love the kitchen. It like one of the gorgeous Notting Hill homes you see in magazines. The roof lights are spectacular. Our whole family could be in here together without getting in each other way!Open the French doors and step down into a courtyard garden, big enough for a summer barbecue with friends and family. There is also a big garage to store all of the stuff you don t want inside. There is a side gate leading onto a driveway. It a perfectly proportioned downstairs. If you want more space there is a basement. It has a window so it not dark and dingy. You could easy make it into a playroom, office or store for your vintage wine collection. Whatever you use it for, it is wonderful to have the space. Head up the stairs to the first floor where you find the big master bedroom that flooded with light from the large sash window. There is a cute fireplace that creates a cosy ambience. The bathroom is divine. It has a free standing bath and a huge shower. There is another gorgeous fireplace, which makes the room feel like a Champneys spa! It a proper bathroom, the kind you could spend a few hours in soaking away any aches and pains. 145 Mill Lane is an interior decorator dream job. There is so much character to accentuate. This home needs a few pots of Farrow & Ball, a couple of rolls of Osborne & Little wallpaper and a copy of Living Etc. to get the creative juices flowing. On the second floor there are two perfectly proportioned bedrooms. They are cleverly designed so there is lots of storage and they are light and quiet. Perfect for a restful night sleep.There is a big garage and a drive, which gives you the all important off-street parking and storage space that everyone wants. There is a little gate and a paved area at the front. It a picture postcard property in a great location. Advert 4: The basement is a great space. Mrs Clarke would have a big TV down there so the kids could watch their favourite shows without disturbing her. Mr Clarke would love having the footy on and watching it with his mates without Mrs Clarke disturbing him!
Mrs Clarke loves :
the gardens are beautiful, the setting is idyllic and I can live out my grand design dreams.
- : The Property -- a large detached house surrounded by gorgeous gardens.
- : The Setting -- sitting on an exclusive lane in the pretty Warwickshire village of Rowington.
- : The Opportunity -- homes on Mill Lane rarely come to the market. The Cottage has been untouched for over 30 years and is ready for a new life.
- : Mrs Clarke loves -- the gardens are beautiful, the setting is idyllic and I can live out my grand design dreams.
- : Mr Clarke thinks -- I can walk to the village pub. Where do I sign?
Our favourite part
The charm of the house, the size of the property and plot and the opportunity to create a wonderful new home.
- Internal Size -- approx. 207.4 sq meters (2232.2 sq feet)
- Plot Size -- approx. 0.80 acres
- Planning -- Normal permitted development rights exist. Greenbelt area. Warwick District Council 01926 456536
- No chain
- Services: Mains Water, Septic Tank, Electricity and Oil.
- Tenure -- Freehold
- Local authority -- Warwick District Council.
- Broadband -- Super fast broadband available (available speed up to approximately 76Mbps).
- Postcode -- CV35 7DQ