Mr Clarke thinks :
I can be in the pub in under 30 seconds
Tucked away on a quiet mews, this three storey converted malthouse is a stylish address. The Grade II listed building has been modernised and beautifully decorated to create a spacious two bedroom house. The ground floor, open-plan kitchen/ dining room is full of natural light and has a luxury feel. On the first floor you find a big sitting room, which is perfect for entertaining or just curling up on the sofa and watching TV. The bathroom is more like a boutique hotel spa with a big bath tub to soak away the stresses of city living. The large master bedroom has plenty of storage for the fashion conscious city dwellers, as well as an en-suite shower room. The second bedroom is great for guests or as a study and storage room.
Where a malthouse once stood there is now a collection of luxury homes. You are minutes away from the town centre but you are nestled off the main road making this home a quiet retreat. There is an allocated parking space making unloading shopping easy.
Through the smart front door you come into the spacious entrance hall with a utility room and a WC in front of you. There is plenty of space to hang coats and drop bags. To the left is the modern kitchen and dining room. There is space for a dining table where friends and family can watch a chef in action. The breakfast bar is perfect for taking morning coffee and catching up with the news. Perched on the bar stool you can appreciate the high spec kitchen with white metro tiled wall, stainless steel worktops and chic black units. There is an integrated Neff hob, microwave, fridge, freezer as well as plumbing for a dishwasher. It’s a bright and spacious kitchen.
Head up the stairs to the first floor where you find a fabulous sitting room. It is flooded with natural light but this room is perfect for drawing the curtains and creating a peaceful sanctuary. The windows have been re-conditioned to add warmth. The layout could have several chairs and a sofa or one big sofa with a big TV screen. The generous dimensions of the space allow you to create the room you want.
The bathroom is more like a boutique spa with a big bath, tiled flooring and white walls.
For details on the two great bedrooms head to mrandmrsclarke.com
Mrs Clarke says :
There is so much space and it is such a quiet street
On the second floor you find two great, double bedrooms. The master bedroom is full of charm with exposed beams and large window. Because you are high up there is a peaceful feel to the sleeping spaces. Off the master bedroom is a en-suite shower room and WC.
The second bedroom is equally as lovely as the master. There is space for a double bed and storage or it could be a study depending on how you want to live.
- Style : A spacious modern home inside a converted malthouse
- Lifestyle : Spend evenings in the bars of Leamington and be able to walk home in minutes to curl up in front of the TV
- Three words : Stylish. Town. Pad.
Our favourite part
The living room is a fantastic party room or you can close the curtains and curl up for some peace and quiet.
Local Life in Leamington
Royal Leamington Spa, or Leam as we Leamingtonians like to call our beloved town, has the lot... tree lined avenues, hip and happening social scene, pretty parks, great schools and great coffee shops. Leam has it all.
Leamington’s streets of Regency town houses, which equal those of Cheltenham’s or Brighton’s in my humble opinion, are full of gorgeous homes and friendly people. There is a grand sense down every street.
Well connected? Leamington is super well connected. The M40 nips past to Birmingham, Oxford and London; Stratford-upon-Avon and Coventry are a 20-min drive away; Birmingham 40 mins.
The town has emerged as one of the Midland’s most highly regarded places to live for families who love the schools and activities, as well as young singles and couple who love the bar, restaurant and cultural scene.
If you like shopping, you will love the town centre’s mixed independent shops and High Street chains.
Mrs Clarke loves the boutique feel of the town centre, with its mix of hipster coffee shops like The Larder and the gorgeous shops like Fable, Collective and Farrow & Ball. The High Street has all the big names and then there is the M&S food hall.
Mr Clarke has a few favourites of his own. His personal tailor at Clements & Church, a pint at The Pug; breakfast at Haddie & Trilbie or Coffee Architects; lunch at Nana's when he needs to impress Mrs C.
Education options include Warwick School, Warwick Prep, Kings High & Kingsley School For Girls which are good independent schooling options, and excellent state primary (St. Peter's) close by. Secondary schools (Myton, Trinity, North. Leam). Leamington College and Warwick University
Tree lined avenues, great shops and a buzzing social scene. What more could you want?
- Closest village/town: Lots of lovely countryside on your doorstep
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: Lots of great independent shops and great High Street names
- Supermarket: All of them!
- Pubs: The Fat Pug and The Star & Garter are our favourites
- Walks: Along the river Leam and through the leafy parks
- No chain
- Leasehold (985 years remain)
- Kitchen / Dining Room (3.00m X 4.95m) — Modern kitchen with eye and base level units, feature tiled wall, tiled flooring, roll top work surface with built in Neff electric hobs and extractor over top, built in Neff oven and microwave, separate island with built in fridge and freezer and breakfast bar, plumbing for dishwasher, double glazed window to front and wall mounted boiler
- Open Plan Lounge (5.26m x 4.95m) — Double glazed window to front and radiator
- Hallway — Tiled flooring, storage cupboards, fuse box and down lights
- Downstairs WC -- With tiled floor continuing from hallway, low level WC, wash hand basin, and under stairs storage. Plumbing for washing machine
- Bathroom (1.90m X 2.13m) — With tiled flooring, panel bath with tiled base and splash back tiling, low level WC, vanity wash hand basin, radiator, double glazed window to front and vanity mirror
- Master Bedroom (3.08m X 3.90m) — Double glazed velux window, radiator and feature exposed wooden beam with En-Suite Shower / WC — Double walk in shower with modern brick style tiles and glass door, low level WC, wash hand basin, double glazed window to front, radiator, and feature expose wooden
- Bedroom 2 (2.08m X 3.01m) — Double glazed velux window, radiator and feature exposed wooden beam
- Allocated Parking for one car
- Mains services
- Council Tax Band C