Mr Clarke thinks :
This is a home we can move straight into - it's immaculate!
294 Norton Lane is an outstanding five-bedroom property positioned in one of Solihull's most coveted villages. Built with a free-flowing and light-maximising design, the internal living accommodation is split over three expansive floors, with a large and lovely garden.
The detached property is nestled opposite open fields and amongst a cluster of stunning houses. The downstairs feels incredibly private and quiet. Towards the back of the home is a glorious patio and garden beyond. There is a bucolic vibe to the home yet you are within minutes to Solihull town centre and a range of transport links are on your doorstep.
The standard of finish throughout the house is exemplary. There are a number of high-quality elements, including the modern kitchen, landscaped garden, loft extension and the extensive storage.
This is a stunning home that will suit a discerning family looking for space, style and location.
Mrs Clarke likes :
The spacious layout and the large bedrooms
The large open-plan kitchen is the hub of the house and the whole family can be together in here. Fling the French doors open and you can have the inside out feel with the garden. The vast lounge/dining room is a flexible space that could be one large lounge or it can be split into a sitting and eating space. There is also a snug when you need a bit of peace and quiet. The large utility room and double garage make this a practical and hard working property.
On the first floor you find four double bedrooms and a beautiful family bathroom. The Master bedroom has lots of storage and a great en-suite shower room. All rooms have plenty of fitted cupboards.
On the second floor there is a wonderful fifth bedroom. This could easily be set up as a study, playroom or a teenagers den. The possibilities are endless.
- Style : The perfect modern family house
- Highlights : Stylish interior, spacious rooms, practical garage and utility, lovely garden
- Three words : Location. Garden. Stylish.
Our favourite part
The garden is stunning. There is a great patio for dining and a lawn big enough for a football pitch.
The Semi Rural Dream
We are looking for a family home in a semi-rural location. If we had a pound for every time someone called us and said this, Mrs Clarke would be sitting on a deckchair with her Jimmy Choos up. We understand this aspiration, the idea of a large house, on a quiet lane, surrounded by the beautiful British countryside but close enough to a Costa Coffee and a motorway is the modern family's idea of perfection. Well, Earlswood and the pretty village of Tidbury Green could be the holy (semi-rural) grail. You are tucked away in a lovely part of Warwickshire, there is a church, a pub and a farm shop. People stop to say "hi" on the morning dog walk and you can be in Solihull in ten minutes.
Let’s get down to some details. Schools? You have St Patrick’s which is rated as Outstanding, Tidbury Green, is a good school and highly regarded. Then there are Grammar options in Stratford and some top private schools in Solihull. Mums and dads are spoilt for choice.
So it is pretty, the schools are good but what about the 3 Ps? (Pubs, People and Pastimes). A tick for each. There are five pubs close enough to walk to. There is a busy local community with a golf club, football and cricket club, sailing and water sports at Earlswood lakes and a friendly Parish Church. Our favourite place though has to be Earlswood Garden Centre. This is no ordinary garden centre. Firstly you have a cafe run by the fabulous Wedges, where you will be served the finest breakfast on the planet. The dog can get a groom, there is a great selection of shops in the centre and even a barbers.
When it comes to accessing towns and urban hubs, you are just a hop across a field or two. Here are the stats… The closest train station is Wythall which is 5-10 minute walk and can be in Stratford and Birmingham in less than 30 minutes. M40 (J3A) 2 miles away and (J16) 5 miles, Hockley Heath 4.5 miles, Henley in Arden 6 miles, Solihull 7.5 miles, Birmingham city centre 12.5 miles & Stratford upon Avon 19 miles. Birmingham International Airport twenty minutes away.
Welcome to semi-rural wonderland.
The only traffic is caused by tractors
- Closest village/town: Hockley Heath & Dickens Heath
- Post Office: 1
- Stores: The Co-Op in Earlswood is great for the newspaper and a pint of milk. Select & Save is super close for Tidbury Green
- Supermarket: Waitrose in Solihull darling.
- Pubs: The Bulls Head is a great local boozer & Tidbury Green Farm is due in 2019
- Walks: Endless dog walking in the countryside or around The Lakes
- Kitchen -- Siemens appliances, Induction hob, granite work tops, smart lighting system. Amtico Flooring.
- Living room -- Wall to wall windows enabling a perfect view of the garden. (subject to negotiation - Cinema screen and projector)
- Bedrooms -- Wardrobes included
- Bathroom -- Heated flooring & towel rail, Tilevision TV, pumped power shower, freestanding bath, mood lighting
- Extras -- Hot tub
- Fixtures & Fittings -- New windows and front door recently installed
- Technology -- Fast broadband, intelligent lighting system, built in speakers in downstairs rooms, alarm and CCTV
- Services -- All mains services are attached to the property
- Local authority -- Solihull District Council
- Tenure -- Freehold