Mr Clarke thinks :
It feels like holiday everyday here on the sunny balcony.
Goodwin house is a robust piece of 1960’s architecture, sitting in well maintained grounds, directly opposite Peckham Rye Park.
Just moments from all the action on Rye Lane, this two bedder will suit first time buyers looking to get on the property ladder in one of the most sought-after areas of London. The property has been loved for many years and is ready for the new owners to put their stamp on it.
Surrounded by mature trees and gardens you walk through the front door and are greeted by the kitchen which overlooks yet more greenery and Peckham Rye Park. You have the benefit of a small balcony where you can watch the world go by whilst enjoying a coffee from one of the many local establishments.
Mrs Clarke loves :
The lovely sense of community and beautiful area.
The two bedrooms are of relatively equal size and the bathroom is larger than average, making this flat great for sharers as well as individuals or a couple. The lounge also enjoys direct access to the balcony, and there is ample space to work from home, entertain or simply relax in this amazingly quiet space.
We really love the opportunity this home brings, you can move in, enjoy everything the area has to offer and make it your own as and when time permits.
- Design Features : The connected balcony adding inside/outside feel.
- Three words : Spacious. Unique. Home.
Our favourite part
The personality, brightness and views to lush Forest Hill. We couldn't choose just one.
Leafy suburbia with an artistic edge
Often dubbed as one of the "coolest neighbourhoods in the world" with rooftop cocktail bars and cinemas, galleries and some of the best indie restaurants in London. We love living around here because of the hustle and bustle and the real sense of community. There is a collective of like minded Londoners.
We love spending time on Rye Lane, once a wealthy hub in the 16th Century, now home to the Bussey Building, Franks Cafe, along with multiple independent shops and restaurants.
Everywhere you turn there is a great place to eat and drink - The Round on Peckham Rye Park is our local coffee spot.
The transport links are incredible - Peckham Rye station set within a grade II listed building, takes you to Farringdon, Kings Cross, London Bridge, Victoria, Clapham Junction, even Luton Airport!
There are lots of green spaces and we spend every moment we can relaxing in Peckham Rye Park.
Cool vibes with a great community
- Closest village/town: Nunhead Village
- Stores: Head along Lordship Lane, Bellenden Road, Nunhead Village for good local shopping
- Supermarket: Sainsbury's, BYO, Tesco
- Pubs: Herne Hill Tavern, The Old Nun's Head (Burger Bear), The Clockhouse
- Walks: The Green Chain Walk to - Nunhead Cemetery, Sydenham Woods, The Horniman Museum
- What Michael Lancaster-Clark thinks: If you love great food, friendly locals and open spaces, then this is the place for you.
- Living Spaces: Flooded with light, neutral decor and tiled flooring throughout which is easy clean.
- Kitchen Details: Integrated gas oven, stainless steel sink, with ample of cupboard space and connection to the balcony.
- Bedrooms: 2 spacious bedrooms with large windows making them light and bright.
- Local Authority: Southwark Council.
- Council Tax Band: B.